Options

Clicky Poll - Marriage and Communication

GraceInCAGraceInCA member
edited December 2014 in June 2013 Moms
How well do you communicate?image

Clicky Poll - Marriage and Communication 100 votes

Single / N/A
0% 0 votes
We do not communicate at all. We hardly speak.
1% 1 vote
We communicate very little, we could definitely improve in this area.
8% 8 votes
He communicates well, I don't.
1% 1 vote
I communicate well, he doesn't.
18% 18 votes
For the most part, we communicate well. Everyone has their bumps, but overall things are good in this area.
66% 66 votes
We are very in tune with one another and communicate beautifully.
4% 4 votes
Grace, let's cuddle up under the covers and talk about our feelings.
2% 2 votes

Re: Clicky Poll - Marriage and Communication

• Options
    Sometimes, I'm not such a hot listener and he's not so hot at talking.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've been struggling but we usually communicate well. The struggle is being on different schedules and me needing more of an outlet than a toddler after work and such.
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We generally communicate well unless one of us is angry or hungry. We get our best talks in when we're walking outside together.

• Options
    We are over communicators so I feel like a special snowflake. I checked "we communicate beautifully" but sometimes my very aggressive shouting of my exact feelings is anything but beautiful. DH is a talker and doesn't like letting an argument fester. Grossest word ever but fitting here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We're not the best at communicating.  I like to talk things out and he doesn't while I could do better at listening. 
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    We communicate just fine, except in our problem areas. Clearly that can use some improvement.

• Options
    We are struggling with this right now. I think I'm still decent on my end (I sort of force the issue and make sure I'm being heard) but he hasn't been great as of late at communicating his feelings as well. We had a long talk about this the other day and he actually spoke to a friend/co-worker who does the same type of work DH does. They both agreed that they have become really introverted and have gotten worse at interacting with others over the last couple years since their work has got so busy and they work alone. It makes sense, spending long hours day in and day out alone, fixing problems yourself and not dealing with anyone else. If his hours had stayed more regular I don't think he would have lost the balance quite as bad, but lately we have barely seen him. Now that the issue has been pinpointed we are working towards the solution
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    We communicate. It could def be better. He usually get home at 10 or a little before, so I'm one tired Mama. We make better attempts to speak before I leave for the day and lunch breaks.
    Mh has never really been a communicator in terms of expressing his feelings unless he's had a few drinks. Me on the other hand can talk all day.
    If we're argueing it's a lose lose situation until we both calm down and he's processed his thoughts more.
  • Options
    I voted that we do ok but where we excel is really the hashing it out and moving on.  We rarely stay mad for more than a brief time but we do snap at one another.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    Add us to the list of "over communicators." Nothing is left unsaid in my house. It can be a problem because we both have no filter and short fuses with one another. I got fed up with him this weekend and have been giving him mostly the silent treatment since then, which is not a healthy way to deal with things but sometimes I just need a mental break.
    This exactly, except DH won't let me get away with the silent treatment. He always makes a joke or apologizes so much it's ridiculous. Then I crack a smile or a laugh and it's over. We've both gotten better at giving each other space to cool off when an argument gets heated. This has been a very difficult year for both of us (moms with cancer) so it has been an intense exercise in emotional regulation and stronger communication.
    Anniversary       

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"