September 2012 Moms

What are you getting DH?

I'm pretty stumped. 

We have WAY too much beer in our fridge since I haven't been able to help out :p

I want to get him Dark Obsession cologne by CK, but some other stuff too. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: What are you getting DH?

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited November 2014
    I doubt my husband's likes match very many around here, lol.

So far, I'm getting him (us) tickets to David Sedaris, a ferris wheel target, and a Steampunk nerf gun (Etsy) from the boys. 

ETA: and I will be getting him and boys matching boxers from JCrew and some fun socks for his stocking. I might get him a new pair of Cowboy boots since the boys are getting some.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • A BJ?

We were going to consider our new bed and stuff our gift to each other. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• edited November 2014
    I got mine Sanuk flip flops since he's too cheap to buy them for himself. I got him a few shirts for work, some lounge pants that he asked for and some pajamas. I may still get him a GC to get some new dress shoes and the bacon set from Sur la Table from the kids.
  • DH is getting a ton of Christmas Tree Cakes (28 boxes to hopefully last many months when they aren't on the shelves), parts for his '79 TransAm, and I think I'll get him some Nike sweat/warm up pants that he's mentioned a few times.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited November 2014
    Maybe I'll finally do a flattenme Super Dad book

ETA:  Nevermind........ the business closed.  Great.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I hate that he always asks for what he wants. But so far I've gotten him some new shot glasses (he complained we had no good set of shot glasses), nice soap, a new contigo travel mug which I will steal. He needs some new overalls so I'll try and get him a new set and maybe a few more little things. 
  • Maybe I'll finally do a flattenme Super Dad book

Boo. I have this bookmarked for the future. James might be able to do it this year for Father's Day but he doesn't have great drawing skills yet. Maybe I should go ahead and buy it to stick away.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

They closed? I got DH this for Father's Day because you recommened it. It's so stinkin cute. This makes me sad.

Does your DH like lounge clothes or hoodies? DH is always happy with a new Under Armor sweatshirt or zip up. They usually run great cash back on Ebates this time of year too. I got 12% back last year!

• A BJ?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    [-(
    Yeah, not happening here either.  I just thought I would fill in for @jenndub

• Is there a magazine that you can get him a subscription to?  DH really likes the publications for his profession and then farming or hunting publications.  

• DH is so tough :(

He has all the clothing he could ever want because of where he works.  Maybe I could buy him a cubs sweatshirt.  He is such a clothing manufacturing slob, haha. 

• Actually, he likes under armour.  I am going to get him a sweatshirt.  THanks, @pokedot !

@rivajam DH usually wears boxer briefs but he wouldn't wear anything that tight.  Your DH prefers the boxers? 

• RivaJam said:
    The only thing he wants are more buck naked boxers from duluth trading company. I need other ideas too!
    @RivaJam, How are theoe?  We saw the commercial and DH was all "hmmm....I wonder how those are?"

DH is getting all new things from me...socks, undershirts & underwear.  Exciting huh?
    @.

Nancy picked out a garden gnome dressed like a biker.  Honest to God.  We were at JoAnn Fabrics.  I bought it and wrapped it up from her. :-)
    We have a local place that does custom knives. They are gorgeous. Since we live in the hunting meca they are the "it" gift for any person interested in that. I can PM you the name if you're interested. Maybe even for a future birthday present? Just let me know.

• This is kind of cute.  I want to try to illustrate my own daddy book and have it made, but who am I kidding?

https://www.putmeinthestory.com/personalized-books/my-dad-loves-me.html

• There's an outlet like an hour and a half from here....and a store maybe 45 minutes away.  Perhaps I should check it out!

Thanks @RivaJam!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @rivajam and he doesn't think they are too tight?  I'm afraid DH will be like, uh, WTF. 

• Also, is sizing ok?  DH is 6'3" and average/thin.  I'm thinking large?

• PenelopePondPenelopePond member
    edited November 2014
    I want to ask DH these things now. I wonder what he will say.

I bought him three of the fancy underwear. We've seen the commercials, and he's commented on them, so this is a good addition! Plus I just found some fleece Air Jordan pants on the Nike site on clearance with an additional 25% off and 12% cash back. So hopefully I'm done for him now.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • We're only doing stockings this year so he'll get an insulated klean kanteen (we have a prodeal, otherwise holy too expensive for coffee), a gift card for his kobo, and probably a small lego set or giftcard to the lego store.

@hmp1 I got us tickets to Santaland Diaries for the night before xmas eve and I'M SO EXCITED.

So jealous!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• My DH is getting a vintage mechano police box (50s), a historic soundings map (he's a surveyor and works on survey software that would do them now), a cool book, and some small stocking stuff I haven't bought yet.
  • A gun safe, gps map upgrades for the car, and boxer shorts.
  • Trying to figure out if I need to get H something "from the boys" since they can't shop on their own.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Trying to figure out if I need to get H something "from the boys" since they can't shop on their own.

I wouldn't (unless they ask).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH's ex never did and DH said he never did for her either. They hate each other though, so there's that.
  • MrsKipperMrsKipper member
    edited November 2014
    We're probably just getting a few things for the house. So exciting...

Anniversary

• We need a gun safe we need a really large one. They are so expensive.  Maybe this tax return. 
  • I got MH a new chess set. We went to play a few weeks ago & realized we had the pieces, but no board!

• dimples12 said:

@redneckmomma25‌ how many guns do you need it to hold?

A lot. I'll leave it to dh to pick out since he would know what he needs better than I would.

Bummer, this was on my list for at some point too!

• DH is getting a carry-on size roller suitcase, a pair of Vans and subscriptions to Draft and National Geographic magazines. I might add the original three Star Wars on Blu-Ray and some beer, along with a few small stocking stuffers that are yet to be determined (the mag subscriptions might end up in there).

• I picked up some Star Wars Mickey set while we were in Disney. DH kept picking it up and putting it back while we were there, it was amusing. Anyway, I snuck away and picked it up for him.

That, a couple of casual shirts, some cologne, shoe covers for winter mountain biking, and small stuff I have picked up here and there. 

We didn't talk budget this year, but I am getting close to year's past as it is. I figure he is done.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • I was so boring this year.  He got 10 new undershirts, 10 new pairs of socks, 3 pairs of khakis for his new job & a soft flannel shirt.  Kohls.  Everything B1G1 or 60% off.  :-)  

I also got him the winter white stout beer kit he wanted...I like Stouts, but have never had a white one, so I'm hoping this benefits me as well. :-) 

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"