November 2014 Moms
Options

Sleep!

Last night was our first home from the hospital and I feel somewhat human again.  We were at the hospital 2 nights and I think I slept maybe 3 hours collectively, even though baby slept so well he had to be woken up to be fed.

How have you been sleeping?  What is the most sleep you've had?  The least?

Re: Sleep!

• Options
    There were a couple of nights after we got home that I only slept about three hours overnight. And that wasn't all at once. I felt like 10 miles of really bad road.

The last couple of nights I have had about six hours total. So much better. Not ideal of course. But I'll take it.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    Well, I would not say that I've been sleeping very well.  On top of LO waking up to eat, I have a lot of anxiety about things in general so I tend to stay up later than I should and have trouble with napping.  I would guess 4-5 hours total/night.  On the weekends, DH gets up with him and lets me sleep a few extra hours in the mornings so that has definitely been helpful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The longest stretch I have had is 5 hours. I got lucky when he was a 4 days old:) A night, I don't even know. I would say 6 hours? He sleeps the longest during this time of night, but I never want to sleep now!
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Options
    I think I've been "blessed" with a baby with colic. The past two nights and now tonight, she SCREAMS for about three hours a night. It's pure torture. After these fits though, she sleeps for good stretches of time. First night five hours and last night six. Hoping for a good stretch, post torture, tonight.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD 11.16.14 :)
  • Options
    A good night is six hours (two three-hour stretches). A fussy night I could end up with maybe an hour or two.

I try to nap the next morning providing the fussy doesn't carryover into the day. Doesn't always work out. Then I'm a major grumpypants.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I think Cam finished up his 4 week growth spurt and is TRYING to give his mommy some rest. Most nights I get 6-7 hrs lately. Last night I got 3. So nothing is consistent. I'm trying to get him back in his bassinet as we speak, but this is a pretty tall order atm.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The best I have had is two three hour stretches too at night. I am still waking him up to feed every four hours at night plus I'm exclusively pumping so i do that after I feed him so that really cuts into the four hour stretches.
  • Options
    @absolutelymaybe, are they on the same schedule?  I'm sure that would be ideal, but I always wondered how sleeping/eating patterns worked with twins!
  • Options
    Most nights she gives me 3-4 hour stretches. Last night I got 6 hrs of sleep (DD1 usually wakes up first). DD2 was still asleep. If it's not one, it's the other. :-P
  • Options
    I got 2 1/2 hours last night. Total. I don't know who cried more: me or the baby. Ped appt. tomorrow to figure out what the hell is going on with these night feedings.

image      image

• Options
    The most we sleep is 2.5-3 hrs in a row. Usually we get two of these stretches. LO is almost 3 weeks old... I'm just really hoping it'll get better soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to hear it's not just my baby  :P  He doesn't usually get to sleep until 10:30-11 (even when I try to go to bed at 9).  Then he sleeps 3-4 hours, and then the rest of the night is 1 1/2 or 2 hour stretches.  By 6 he's too noisy for me to sleep anymore.  I've had two colds already which is really not helping, but my immune system must be shot.  On the other hand, my daughter was way worse.  Time will tell if he ends up sleeping more like my son (good) or my daughter (bad).  Fingers crossed!  I spent this morning crying and blowing my nose because I'm so tired and sick and DH was asked to go in to work.  
  • Options
    @Sarahbeth612 - I'm not sure if there is really any schedule to it when they're this little. They are sleeping a lot (thankfully!) so often it falls at the same time, but not always. Those are not so fun nights/days (when you get one to finally stop fussing and go to sleep and the other one starts up). I'm hoping we will be able to establish a schedule for them. I know it sometimes works for twins and other times they fight it 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Last night we decided it was time to try having him sleep in his own room.  It went so well!  He was in his crib asleep about 10, then slept until 2.  I nursed him maybe 15-20 minutes and put him back in his crib and he slept until 5:30, nursed, then he slept until 7:30.  I changed him and nursed again and he slept in his crib unswaddled for a little while longer while I got ready!  Just proves we've been waking each other up with him in the bedside cosleeper.  He's been sleeping in his bouncy seat really well this morning too.  Sleep begets sleep, so hopefully things will keep improving.
  • Options
    We've been pretty lucky with a good sleeper too (knock on wood!). I usually
    put her to sleep around 8:30-9 and she sleeps until around 1. Then I nurse her for about 30-40min and she sleeps until 4..then she wakes around 7 and I feed her for another 30-40min and she sleeps until around 10:30-11. I agree with the pp in that sometimes it's harder to get her back to bed, but
    Once we do she's out! I've been waking up at 10 and will hop in the shower while she continues to sleep..even managed to eat breakfast and have my coffee this morning before she woke up! Go baby go! (DD is 2wks old).

IAmPregnant Ticker

First Met: March 13, 2009
    Married: September 13, 2012 
    BFP: March 4, 2014
    EDD: 11/25/2014 
    Three furbabies: Franklin (8) Amos (4) Sasha (2) 

• Options
    My baby girl is sleeping through the 3 hour block mostly during the day. I've been waking her up b/c the ped wants me feeding her still every 2 to 3 hours (she's surpassed her birth weight at 1w5d old. At night, she wakes up pretty consistently every 3 1/2 hours when I've set my alarm (wishful thinking) at 4 hour blocks. I'm wondering if it's okay that I not wake her during the day either and let her wake up on her own ... I'm sick of waking her up!

• Options
    kstirton said:
    My baby girl is sleeping through the 3 hour block mostly during the day. I've been waking her up b/c the ped wants me feeding her still every 2 to 3 hours (she's surpassed her birth weight at 1w5d old. At night, she wakes up pretty consistently every 3 1/2 hours when I've set my alarm (wishful thinking) at 4 hour blocks. I'm wondering if it's okay that I not wake her during the day either and let her wake up on her own ... I'm sick of waking her up!
    I would probably let her stretch to 3 1/2 hours and see how that goes if she's over her birth weight.

• Options
    LO is 6 days old and not yet past his birth weight. We've been waking him every 4 hours not just to feed but to change his gauze whether he's wet or not. Looking to stretch those blocks a little longer on the future.

On the bright side when he does sleep he is out and I mean out. There's not a barking a dog (we have 2 including a husky who likes to howl),nor pot or pan that will wake him.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"