steiner04steiner04 member
edited December 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Apologies!!

Re: hcg levels

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    pmcd886pmcd886 member
    edited November 2014
    Did you ask your doctor? You know, since you were there and all.
    She may not have been there. You can just get blood drawn at a lab. 
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    pmcd886 said:
    Did you ask your doctor? You know, since you were there and all.
    She may not have been there. You can just get blood drawn at a lab. 
    True, but her doctor had to order it and call her with results.

And what moron doctor is ordering HCG levels at 8 weeks with levels over 65K?

Where I live you can access you lab results online via your Patient Portal, so she could have potentially seen this before someone called. However, it is entirely possible, and more likely, that her doctor let her know.

I was wondering why someone would get a HCG at 8 weeks too. Perhaps spotting or bleeding? It seems very strange to me though. 
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    All the hugs for @CFearsy‌!
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    Agreed.. This is for ladies who are TTC and the majority of them inc myself have lost babies... Find the right forum please
  • Options
    I have nothing to add for this question.

(HUGS) @CFearsy‌
  • Options
    CFearsy said:
    There are plenty of ladies here who have been pregnant before and many who are pregnant and come lurking here to see how we're doing.
    The TTC# poll today plays in nicely to what you said @CFearsy. So far looks like 38% (40 of 105 people to vote) viewing the TTGP forum already have one or more children. 

Me:31 DH: 32
    Together since 08/2008
    Laparotomy to remove 8cm dermoid cyst 07/2014
    TTC#1 since 10/2014
  • Options
    Seriously, hugs @CFearsy‌. I got your back!
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Options
    I'm very sorry you're going through this. I've been in beta limbo myself and it sucks. I would think that any doctor worth their salt, who thought you were having a miscarriage, would deliver the news to you personally. But I don't want to give you false hope. It is a holiday so there could be a disconnect. I hope things turn out for the best. Either way, you should join the boards. You can get a lot of support here whether it be one of the loss boards or first trimester. Hopefully the latter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• Options
    @nandaboob06‌ help me out with this stupid question. Why is it that, when someone calls out a bumpie for another post and then when I go to their page, there are no previous comments? It seems to happen a lot. I want the dirt! What witchcraft is this? Really, anyone who knows can answer.
    Little O- 2/25/12

• Options
    KatzKiss said:

@nandaboob06‌ help me out with this stupid question. Why is it that, when someone calls out a bumpie for another post and then when I go to their page, there are no previous comments? It seems to happen a lot. I want the dirt! What witchcraft is this? Really, anyone who knows can answer.

On desktop you can click on their profile and see their discussions started and replies to other threads. @KatzKiss‌

no witchcraft just a decent memory and enabling desktop mode on my mobile browser.
    Princess- 5yo  

MC- 13w 12/14/10

Dare Devil- 3yo 

MC- 8w 01/18/12 

Wheezy and sneezy- 1yo

MC- 7w 11/29/13

TTC #5 since 7/14

CP- 12/27/14 confirmed 12/29/14
    Benched until further notice

• Options
    On desktop you can click on their profile and see their discussions started and replies to other threads. @KatzKiss‌ no witchcraft just a decent memory and enabling desktop mode on my mobile browser.

Mine just says that she started one discussion and it's this one. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to rely on the sleuths.
    Little O- 2/25/12

• Options
    riderchik said:
    @Katzkiss @nandaboob06 was talking about @aeryfaery coming in and spouting off dickish comments and blaming it on a bad day.

Ugh. Thanks rider. That's why I shouldn't bump when I'm deliriously tired. Sorry for the confusion @nandaboob06‌.
    Little O- 2/25/12

• Options
    aeryfaery said:
    CFearsy said:

While I agree that this question is much better suited for OP's doctor, if she's going to ask internet strangers I just fail to see how it isn't appropriate for this board.
    Previously been pregnant /= currently pregnant. And lurkers lurk. Hopefully because they understand that reading a post with "I'm 8 weeks pregnant" to a bunch of folks that would love to just be 8 minutes pregnant really sucks. 

There are plenty of other boards where this would be "appropriate". This is not one of them.
    Cool your jets man.  I know @cFearsy already nailed a response to you, but I wanted to add that for me personally I would not want to be even 8 minutes pregnant if it meant it was going to end in a loss.  How do I know that? Because of a CP. 

Seriously, have a little compassion.  I love a good flaming but stop jumping the gun.
    30. Michigan. Married.  TTC #1.
    Jan. Siggy Challenge; Exercise Fail
  • Options
    I haven't read the responses...

OP - based on my experience, and I'm just being honest, declining HSG numbers are not a good sign. I hope somehow you're the exception somehow, but if not, please know you can get wonderful support from this board. You can also PM me any time. 

Thoughts and prayers with you. 
    DS#1: born Dec 29, 2013 
    TTC#2 since Sept 2014 - unexplained secondary IF
    BFP #2: 11.7.14  M/C: 11.27.14 @ 6w3days
    BFP #3: 04.19.2015 M/C 04.27.15 @ 4w3days
    BFP #4: 10.05.2015 C/P @ 3w4days
    Oct 11, 2015: Cycle 13. Starting Femara (2.5mg). HSG this cycle (all clear) - BFN
    Nov 12, 2015: Cyle 14. Femara 5mg + IUI - BFN
    Dec 10, 2015: Cycle 15. Femara 5mg + IUI #2 - BFP #5! C/P 4w4d
    Jan 10, 2016: Cycle 16. Femara 5mg + IUI #3 - BFN.
    Feb 10, 2016: Cycle 17.  No IUI or meds. Taking a break - Natural BFP Mar 5, 2016!!!! EDD Nov 16, 2016
    Moving to IVF March 2016
    Beta at 10dpo: 21, Beta at 12dpo: 98, Beta at 14dpo: 264, Beta at 16dpo: 745
    U/S 6w6d: single beautiful heartbeat of 121bpm - It's a boy!!!!
    Nov 3, 2016: Our family became complete. Welcome DS #2.
  • Options
    For prenatal at this clinic you get your blood drawn almost weekly till the first trimester is over. I had no complications or pain anywhere so didn't think anything was wrong. my doctor was not there (out of the country for over a week, so that's why I posted the question). Just wanted to get feedback, but will never post on here again with all this negativity. Sorry I posted my question here and yesterday I had a confirmed mis-miscarriage, so thank you to those that gave the positive feedback. Great news to start off this holiday month. NOT!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    So sorry for your loss.
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• Options
    kamarks08kamarks08 member
    edited December 2014
    steiner04 said:
    For prenatal at this clinic you get your blood drawn almost weekly till the first trimester is over. I had no complications or pain anywhere so didn't think anything was wrong. my doctor was not there (out of the country for over a week, so that's why I posted the question). Just wanted to get feedback, but will never post on here again with all this negativity. Sorry I posted my question here and yesterday I had a confirmed mis-miscarriage, so thank you to those that gave the positive feedback. Great news to start off this holiday month. NOT!

I am so sorry for your loss. I really hope you don't let this experience discourage you. For the crappy negative stuff that was thrown out, you had a ton of support, too! I hope you realize that this board is full of wonderful ladies, (some who have gone through a similar experience and some who have not) who can really provide you with encouragement and support during this tough time. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't experienced anything like it, but if you need someone to talk to, please feel free. Just please don't go because of this! :)

ETA: @cfearsy *creepy internet hugz* Seriously though, you kick butt. Really love everything you put out there.

--------------------------

Aug15 January Siggy:  Favorite Mean Girl

married: 03.11.12
    BFP #1: 12.11.2014
    roll tide.
    my ute: stalk it. stalk it real good

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Really?! There's a time and a place. Not one of them!

Sorry to hear OP that you have had to deal with that! Praying for you xx
  • Options
    Wow. I came here for support with ttc anxiety but these comments are so mean and snarky. That's too bad. This site is really cool but you guys have a serious infestation of Mean Girls.
    I am 35 to DH for almost two years. Actively ttc #1 since October 2014. Charting, Clomid, HCH shots, Timed Intercourse.
    DH SA looks great, my numbers look great... trying B6, Zinc, Vitamin C, you name it. Avid reader of TCOYF, FF junkie. Trying to keep the faith once cycle at a time.
  • Options
    Betty965 said:
    Wow. I came here for support with ttc anxiety but these comments are so mean and snarky. That's too bad. This site is really cool but you guys have a serious infestation of Mean Girls.

Do you need help with something? I don't think that this thread is the place to ask for help. No snark. We are a really great group full of knowledge.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss, @steiner04.

As for you @betty965...
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"