May 2014 Moms
Options

Sound machine/CD player Recs

I have the Baby Einstein aquarium sound machine thing. DS likes it, but it eats through batteries. I saw a Munchkin sound machine that has voice activation. I love that idea, but the reviews are terrible. Apparently it breaks within 3 months. Do any of you have a recommendation for a sound machine or CD player that has voice/motion activation and doesn't use batteries? DS will wake up randomly now in the middle of the night, but will fall right back to sleep once the music begins playing. So I'd really like something that I don't have to get up to press play. Any ideas?
May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sound machine/CD player Recs

• Options
    ksyknelvr73ksyknelvr73 member
    edited November 2014
    I have a $20 one from Target that you plug in and it can run all night. I prefer that....we had a sleep sheep for my older son and it only runs for a set time and blows through batteries. I have zero complaints with the one we are using now. I think it is Homedics something...let me see if I can find a link.

Okay just checked, it is calles HoMedics portable sound spa.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    I

I have a $20 one from Target that you plug in and it can run all night. I prefer that....we had a sleep sheep for my older son and it only runs for a set time and blows through batteries. I have zero complaints with the one we are using now. I think it is Homedics something...let me see if I can find a link.

Okay just checked, it is calles HoMedics portable sound spa.

I think we have this one too. Love it and want one for our room!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have this one https://www.munchkin.com/nursery-projector-sound-system.html and my son LOVES it! It is not sound activated, but there is a timer on the music/white noise, so you can change it as needed. Whenever he isn't falling asleep, I turn on the projector and he's out in minutes! It also plugs in, so no need to worry about dying batteries! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies! This whole needing music thing for sleep is new, and I was getting overwhelmed with all the sleep machines out there. I may venture out tomorrow to get one.
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use a cheap $40 Bluetooth player. All I have to do is push play on pandora from my phone. Beats walking across the hall.

He does love that he can turn in his BE aquarium, and I do too :)

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    There is an app called sound sleeper. $4. It's amazing!!! It has the voice activation you are taking about and a bunch of difference sounds to pick from. It makes charts every night outlining the sleep vs awake periods so you can help learn baby's habits. I've used it with DS since he was born and had a lot of luck with it.
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    @becole42‌ it's usually the iPad, but yes. That's the only thing that sucks about it. However... Having it portable has come in handy on lots of occasions. That app gets pulled out at the doctors office, on car rides, and pretty much anywhere he is having a meltdown. It has become a calming thing for him. I love having it with me!
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    we just use the Sleep Sheep. There are a few different sounds, volume control. I like that it turns off after 20 or 40 mins, as we don't want it on all  night. And the batteries last aaaaages. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    britab said:
    I
    I have a $20 one from Target that you plug in and it can run all night. I prefer that....we had a sleep sheep for my older son and it only runs for a set time and blows through batteries. I have zero complaints with the one we are using now. I think it is Homedics something...let me see if I can find a link. Okay just checked, it is calles HoMedics portable sound spa.
    I think we have this one too. Love it and want one for our room!
    We have two of these - one for each kid, and I love them!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"