Trying to Get Pregnant

Hey there...

Hey y'all. Figured I'd go ahead and intro myself since I check this board ~1200 times a day and have started "love it"ing some of your posts. Out of lurkdom I come.... 

I'm Smash. I'm a former nest junkie and even planned my wedding on tk way back in the day. I have been obsessed with tb for about three months now. 

DH and I are planning to start trying in March (well, mid-feb ovulation, actually, but we are treating month one as kind of a throwaway... because... reasons... explained in the novel below) We've been together 10 years (married 6) and are both very excited about adding a little one to our lives. DH is mid-thirties and I turn thirty next year.

I have significant amounts of pre-ttgp anxiety. I have PCOS (pretty much textbook on all symptoms, with the exception of having perfect blood pressure) as well as a few other medical issues (depression, asthma) that will not be fun to deal with once we start trying. I met with my doc last week to discuss getting ku and we have a bit of a plan in place. I've been on hormonal bcp for four years and it's the first time in my life I've had regular periods. Before I went on it/got diagnosed, my periods would come every three to six months... It's almost funny when I think of how many hpts I wasted money on because of "missed" periods in my early twenties. Heh. 

ANYWAY, our plan is to go off bcp when my last pack ends in February. I've got my bbt and am going to start temping next cycle just to get the hang of it and charting. I also have my ff account set and am on my pnvs. 

My doctor wants me to try for six months after bcp - she says most pcos bodies stay relatively regular before going anovulatory for about 5-6 cycles after going off the pill (any experience on this?). After that - we will discuss other options. 

My biggest question mark/anxiety right now is exactly what's going to happen with my cycles come February. 

I know I'm not technically ttgp right now, but I'm getting ready to and your posts are so incredibly helpful (and entertaining). So, here I am! Looking forward to joining you ladies on the adventure/marathon/soap opera/trek that is ttgp. 

Formerly known as the ever un-taggable Bridal-Smash.

PCOS Diagnosis: December, 2011 
Going off BCP: January 2015
Actively Trying for First: February 2015

Re: Hey there...

• Ugh. Line-spacing is wonky. No clue why. Sorry. 

• Hi no experience with PCOS but welcome and good luck to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome.
    Me: 31   DH: 34
    Married: 5/12/07
    DD: 7/28/10
    TTC#2: 10/2014

• Nice to meet you! Welcome and good luck!
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Welcome and good luck
    Me:31 DH: 32
    Together since 08/2008
    Laparotomy to remove 8cm dermoid cyst 07/2014
    TTC#1 since 10/2014
  • I have PCOS so maybe I can help at little but my experience may be totally different than what yours will be.

Anyways, I went off birth control two years ago and never got my period. Not sure where your doctors info comes from but I was always anovulatory? Every woman is different tho. I would have to induce my period every 60 days. 

I didn't start getting my period regularly, every 32-35 days until we started fertility meds in May 2014 that ensured a follicle or two grew and that I did indeed ovulate.

Typically with PCOS, you don't ovulate at all or you don't ovulate regularly. Temping will help you determine if and when you ovulate. 

I wasted three months with my OBGYN trying to get KU. My suggestion would be to see an RE if you haven't confirmed ovulation through temping or have to routinely induce a period during that 6 month period after BC. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• CaitOst21 said:
    I have PCOS so maybe I can help at little but my experience may be totally different than what yours will be.

Anyways, I went off birth control two years ago and never got my period. Not sure where your doctors info comes from but I was always anovulatory? Every woman is different tho. I would have to induce my period every 60 days. 

I didn't start getting my period regularly, every 32-35 days until we started fertility meds in May 2014 that ensured a follicle or two grew and that I did indeed ovulate.

Typically with PCOS, you don't ovulate at all or you don't ovulate regularly. Temping will help you determine if and when you ovulate. 

I wasted three months with my OBGYN trying to get KU. My suggestion would be to see an RE if you haven't confirmed ovulation through temping or have to routinely induce a period during that 6 month period after BC. 

Thanks for this info. It's very helpful and nice just to know someone else's experience. 

I am skeptical of her outlook as well. Going to give it a shot and my best one-two, of course... but also planning ahead for contingency. 

• @Birdal-Smash No problem! It can be a very hard and sad road at times not going to lie but I have felt so much more in control, happy and comfortable with my RE than I did with my OBGYN. REs deal with only infertility and are who you want as you go through this. I hope you do find that it is easier to get pregnant and that you don't need to see an RE! 

Also, I swap back and forth from this board to TTTC(trouble ttc). Many women on that board also have PCOS and experience with the process as well. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• Hi there! Welcome and best of luck to you!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Welcome long-winded stranger!
    No seriously, welcome to the board, hope you're not here long.
  • Welcome and I hope the best for you in the next few months. I know PCOS can be very different for everyone diagnosed.
    Me: 29 DH: 34 Married 9/8/12 Started TTC 10/01/12
    Dx: Hypothalamic amenorrhea by RE in 2/2013
          Provera + Ovidrel trigger = BFP #1 3/24/13
    DD born 11/12/13
    TTC #2 since 9/01/14
    Tamoxifen + Ovidrel trigger = CP (cycle 3)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess

TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

• Hello, welcome and good luck!
    Me: 33
    Him: 35
    Together since 2005, Married: 10/8/11
    TTC #1:  August 2014

• Welcome!
    I also have PCOS. I was on the pill for 10 years and when I went off, I ovulated on CD 42 and 48, then had a m/c and had a 80 day cycle afterwards. Loads of fun.
    Anywhoo, just be forewarned that PCOS can cause false positive opks so try temping to catch a temp rise that would show a true ovulation.
    Also, my RE appreciated seeing my temp charting when I got to see her (OBs are clueless).
    Good luck!

Me: 27, DH: 32.
    BFP #1: 4/10/14--CP 4/12/14
    BFP#2: 6/9/14, MMC @ 6wks+5, D&C 7/11/14
    Diagnosed PCOS 12/2014
    BFP #3: 12/12/14--CP 12/15/14
  • Hello and welcome!
    No longer posting on The Bump due to the appalling misconduct of the staff and of its parent company, the XO Group. Four thousand  active, engaged members do not represent "a few bad apples" and we are not trolls.
  • babeRN101 said:

Welcome!
    I also have PCOS. I was on the pill for 10 years and when I went off, I ovulated on CD 42 and 48, then had a m/c and had a 80 day cycle afterwards. Loads of fun.
    Anywhoo, just be forewarned that PCOS can cause false positive opks so try temping to catch a temp rise that would show a true ovulation.
    Also, my RE appreciated seeing my temp charting when I got to see her (OBs are clueless).
    Good luck!

Had no clue on the false positive opks - good to know! Thanks!
  • edited December 2014

Welcome long-winded stranger!

Haha! Thanks. :)

ETA: WHOA. Signed in as a UN I wayyyy forgot about. Must have used the wrong email.... Heh. It's Bridal-smash. Changing now...

• Me... Again.

Don't bump and wine, y'all. Haha

• Welcome, and always share the wine. Kthx.

TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Welcome and good luck.
    Me:  31  DH:  35
    Married:  7/3/2006
    DS:  3/3/2007  (emergency c-section) 
    MMC:  10/5/2010  D&C:  10/8/2010
    DD:  9/22/2011  (scheduled c-section)
  • Welcome and good luck!

Love: April 2012
    Married: November 23, 2013
    TTC #1 September 2014
    **BFP January 12th 2015  EDD September 22nd 2015**
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome.  I actually have PCOS myself, and have it the same, but I do have the blood pressure issue.   My cycles devolved from every other month to eventually being 3 to 6 months also.  It's kind of nerve wracking yeah, but PCOS has treatments that you can explore if you aren't already.  Mine is entirely weight related, so I have that to tackle.  Good luck to you, and I hope your body complies. <3
    Thank you so much!

• Welcome and good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"