April 2015 Moms

First time posting - just found out I have placenta previa

Hello This is my first time posting on this board. I am currently 18 weeks 5 days pregnant and just had my anatomy scan. This is my second pregnancy and we are having a boy!!!! My husband and I are very excited. However, the ultrasound tech told us that I have placenta previa. The doctor confirmed this and currently it is complete previa. He put me on pelvic rest (no lifting, no sex). He said we would have another ultrasound around 28 weeks to see if it has moved. He said if I have any bleeding to go straight to the hospital. Is anyone going through this? I am trying to stay positive and not worrie too much but it's hard not to. I have not had any bleeding yet - but I feel like I'm waiting for a bomb to go off....... Thanks for reading.

Re: First time posting - just found out I have placenta previa

• I also have a partial placenta previa. I am on pelvic rest only, was told to make no other changes. My doc said mine is minor and there is a good chance it will move. Wishing all the best to you, it is good that you know about it and your doc can keep a close eye on you so you and baby stay healthy and safe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 18 weeks is still early enough for your placenta to move up and the previa to clear up. I had a full previa at my anatomy scan during my first pregnancy and by 29 weeks everything was just as it was supposed to be. Hoping that happens to be the case for you too.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I was also just diagnosed with complete previa. Hoping it moves but expecting a c-section.

*** BFPs and Loss Mentioned ***

TTC since 08/2012

BFP 12/28/12-- EDD 9/19/13-- M/C (d&c) on 1/31/13

7/15/14 -- IVF #1

ER on 7/26/14 -- 15 R, 8F

ET on 7/31/14 -- 1 transferred (4aa); 4 frosties!!!

BFP 8/5/14-- EDD 4/18/15

Beta #1 (14dpo):  223, Beta #2 (17dpo): 898

First u/s -- 8/28/14= 1 beautiful baby with a hb of 131

10/25/14- It's a GIRL!

11/24/14- DX with Complete Placenta Previa (Stage IV)

1/12/15- Placenta Previa has moved to Marginal!! (Stage II)

BabyFruit Ticker

• I was diagnosed with partial 4-5 weeks ago. At my anatomy scan last week, it had already begun moving and was no longer touching the cervix. I was on pelvic rest as well and no heavy lifting. Biggest advice is TRUST your doc. If you don't, find a new one. Don't google and read the horror stories. They can happen but are rare.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My best friend had complete placenta previa and was put on pelvic rest. Her placenta never moved and she had a c-section but everything was fine. Do what your doctor tells you and try not to stress :)
  • Thank you all for your comments. Please keep us updated and wishing you all the best. Happy thanksgiving everyone!!
  • I'm dealing with a partial placenta previa and have been on pelvic rest since week 10. Sorry you are going through it as well but my MW told me a lot of cases of placenta previa resolve themselves before delivery. I hope this is the case for you.
  • I have partial placenta previa too. Diagnosed at 14 weeks. I was put on bed rest and pelivc rest cause I started bleeding. Currently she doesn't think I need to be on either. Hopefully your pregnancy will have the same results!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I had it with ds1 and have it again now. My dr told me both time there's a 90 something percent chance it corrects itself by 3rd tri. Mine did last time. (I ended up with an emergency c/s anyway).
  • At my 16 week scan I had complete previa, found after bleeding. I was put on bed rest no lifting or sex. I just had another scan at 20w 2d and my placenta as moved enough that it's not to close to my cervix. The doctor now expects it to get moving. It's really rare it dosent move, but in the meantime listen to your doctor and don't do anything to much. Good luck!
  • I wasn't told that my placenta was "partial" or "complete" previa, but that it was low and that my OB is 99.9% sure it will move up as my uterus grows. I hope for you to get good news in the upcoming weeks that it's moved up higher. I know it's hard not to stress but doing so will not help the outcome in any way (and you don't need any extra stress I'm sure). I'm thankful we have the technology to detect *potential* problems and be prepared. Good luck!
  • I wasn't told that my placenta was "partial" or "complete" previa, but that it was low and that my OB is 99.9% sure it will move up as my uterus grows. I hope for you to get good news in the upcoming weeks that it's moved up higher. I know it's hard not to stress but doing so will not help the outcome in any way (and you don't need any extra stress I'm sure). I'm thankful we have the technology to detect *potential* problems and be prepared. Good luck!

I was told exactly this (that mine was low) and was also told not to worry. I agree; we're lucky we can find these issues before they become critical.
  • I had a complete previa at 17 weeks. I'm currently 22 weeks and just had another ultrasound 2 days ago. I was told my placenta has moved up and it's resolved. FX it clears for you!
  • I was told the same thing & I have to wait until 28W for another U/S
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"