May 2015 Moms

Belly Bands: Yay or Nay

Have any of you used belly bands? How are they? My bloating has taken over and my pants won't button. I have been doing the hair tie on the button trick with a longer top but I always feel like my pants are falling down because they are loose. Today, I was at Old Navy and picked up a pair of jean maternity pants and I am in love BUT I do not want to buy maternity dress pants/khakis for work or atleast for a little longer. Wasn't sure if belly bands were worth it?
Married 11/06/10
One furbaby, Lloyd
Expecting our first baby girl, EDD 5/15/15
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Belly Bands: Yay or Nay

• Is one brand better than another? 
    Married 11/06/10
    One furbaby, Lloyd

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Target by me today were out of them... I will look a different one tomorrow! Thanks ladies. They are only $17, so I figured I will get one and try it out :) Thanks!! 
    Married 11/06/10
    One furbaby, Lloyd

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought mine from Target. I've used it the last 2 days. It worked pretty good, but I would rather wear maternity pants.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• IFinTN said:

I'm curious how these work for plus size ladies.  I bought a 2 pack but have not busted it open yet.  Most of my pre-pregnancy pants are elastic waist anyway....

If your pant are elastic waist you won't need them. They really only help keep your pants up when you unbutton them.

I'm curious to see if later on they help with the pressure. I kept feeling like my youngest was going to fall out. I asked my OB at an appt if there was anything hanging out because it sure felt like it, I just couldn't see. They told me to try support panty hose, which I didn't. So I'm wondering if they can help for that. They didn't have this kinda stuff 16 years ago. I was lucky to find maternity clothes, cute ones weren't happening.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Yes! I used them postpartum too and found them to be very helpful.
    imageimage imageimage
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Pintobean39‌ have you thought about a support cami? I've been looking at the blanqi brand one. A little pricey, but something to wear under that gives support. I feel like I would get a lot of wear out of it.
  • @Pintobean39‌ have you thought about a support cami? I've been looking at the blanqi brand one. A little pricey, but something to wear under that gives support. I feel like I would get a lot of wear out of it.

Never heard of such .....I'll have to check it out. I have a lot to learn. I really hope to not carry this one the same way. I also gained 56lbs with my second and that didn't help either.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • IFinTN said:

@Pintobean39‌ I would use them for jeans. I plan to live in leggings and dresses this winter!

I bought the cutest denim leggings. I can't wait to wear them when it gets cooler. The look of jeans without the buttons.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • I splurged on the Bella Band at six weeks because I was super bloated and school started and all of the dress pants I wear to teach in cut sort of right below my belly button, so it was never going to happen.  Most of the negative assessments I read on these forums had to do with the non-Bella Band brand belly bands, so I didn't want to mess around with multiple cheap ones and just went straight for the expensive one.  It has worked amazingly all semester long so far.  I got the black one, and I always wear it with a black tank top made of the same material under sweaters and over dress pants so anyone who looks at me can see black straps that clearly correspond to the black spandexy material peeking out from below my sweater. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is so helpful! Thank you!
  • I bought some from Target and honestly I'm just going to buy maternity pants. I'm so uncomfortable and having to readjust the band is a PIA.
  • I have the Be Band from Target and I love it! I don't think I'm big enough get for maternity pants, but then again I've never tried them on. The Be Band is so comfortable and I love wearing it with my normal pants. Plus, the black and white colors look like I'm wearing a cami or tank under my normal shirts.

I just ordered two blanqi tops this week! I'm excited to see how well they work.
  • JerseyAKL said:

I bought the beBand from Target and a bellaband. The bellaband is MUCH better because it stays up, rolls less and is thicker. I have worn them over jeans with a hair tie on the button. It is kind of annoying though... a la spanx.

I like my BeBand, I will admit I have this issue a lot. I think I might check out the Bella band this time around.

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• I got the Bella band. Wore it once and took it off when I got to work. It didn't stay put, it kept sliding up. I bought a pair of maternity pants for work instead - love them!
  • I wear a Target brand band at work all the time. I can unbutton 1 or 2 buttons when I need to, and it looks like a tank top sticking out the bottom. I usually wear layers, so it looks natural on me.

I have some maternity pants I keep trying out. But my belly isn't big enough to keep them up, so they slide down and you can see the panel peeking out the bottom of my shirt. I have found that pairing a band with the maternity pants keeps the pants up where they should be.
  • Thanks so much ladies! I bought a Target one today. Going to try it out. If it doesnt work I will switch the Bella band. I had gc for Target, figured I would save some money and use the GC. 
    Married 11/06/10
    One furbaby, Lloyd

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aab1042Aab1042 member
    edited October 2014
    I love the belly bands but I don't like how wide they are - just they didn't come so far up the belly. Sometimes I use strapless cami bras! Not as wide!

BFP #1 EDD  11/1/13  - C SB 25 weeks
    BFP #2 EDD 10/12/14 - MC 7 weeks
    BFP #3 EDD   4/2/15 -   MC 6 weeks

BFP #4 EDD  5/18/15 -  RAINBOW?!

• No opinion, FTM. But quite a few people have told me it's cheaper to use some belly bands for awhile than having to buy a ton of maternity clothes.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I just bought the belly button band. It was recommended by a friend. I have a coupon for $40 off, so all you have to do is pay shipping ($13). You can get 2 with the coupon!! Thought I would share-- go to bellybuttonband.com and the promo code is 6ca4fc066.
  • So I have on the Target one today.. Not sure how I feel about it. Whenever I sit and then stand back up, it rolls. But it is glorious to have the extra room
    Married 11/06/10
    One furbaby, Lloyd

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Saw this and thought it was awesome. Figured I'd share it: How to make a No-Sew BellyBand.
    ~Live Well In This Moment With Love For Yourself And Others~ Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got one from Old Navy this weekend on clearance for $7 but haven't tried it out yet and hoping I won't need to for a while...

• I got the Target version last time and didn't like it for holding up my pants at all. (Maybe I should have gotten a smaller size?) The ol' hair tie trick worked better for me. I did like it as a sort of Spanx for my bump under certain dresses and tops during and after the pregnancy - just to smooth things out a little.
    imageimage
  • I just ordered two belly bands from The Belly Band so I hope they work. I only had to pay shipping because I found a promo code: 11FBF8A94 which gets you either two belly bands or a belly body ($40 off). I thought it was a good deal. 
  • I bought a Bella band a couple of weeks ago, and I've got to say I'm not a fan.  I felt simultaneously lumpy and like my pants were falling down, and even folded down I didn't think it did a good job of concealing the fact that my pants were unbuttoned.  I have made the move to all maternity pants, and I'm not looking back!
    BFP: 8/26/2014
    EDD: 5/4/2015

It's a girl!

My little ladies - Lola (RIP), Cecilia, and Peggy Sue

• I think at least one is helpful, though I wore mine the other day and now I can't find it!
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• I like them. I don't want to spend my money on tons of maternity work pants.

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• So I have on the Target one today.. Not sure how I feel about it. Whenever I sit and then stand back up, it rolls. But it is glorious to have the extra room
    Are you folding it in half over your pants? That is what I always do.

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I love them. I use one almost every day.

I'm in that awkward stage where i'm too big to zip up or button my regular pants but not quite big enough for maternity pants so these are perfect for me right now. I do need to adjust them when I get up after sitting down but it's fine. I like how they give added support to my belly and how they smooth out the top of my pants when I wear fitted shirts so you don't see the buttons or folds of the pants through my shirt.
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image
  • I bought the Bella Band, and personally am not a big fan. Maternity pants are WAY more comfortable. It took a while to find maternity pants that I like, but since I did I have never gone back to the Bella Band.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I LOVE my belly band. I am using maternity pants and a belly band, I just like how it tightens the top of my maternity pants, and kind of smooths out my chubby bump. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aab1042 said:
    I love the belly bands but I don't like how wide they are - just they didn't come so far up the belly. Sometimes I use strapless cami bras! Not as wide!
    Fold them down in half.
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image
  • I got the ones from target and they were very uncomfortable to me. They felt like they were pressing my abdomen too much making it uncomfortable to eat. I tried it in the varied forms it described and nothing helped. I have since bought maternity jeans and they are the most comfortable things ever! I rave about my maternity jeans!! Personal experience though.
    **May 2015 Siggy **imageFav Holiday Movie
    "Meet me in St. Louis"
    imageimageimage
    photo 8d082fa1-60bf-4c58-9505-dc8820557700.jpg
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I LIVED for my belly band last time around. Haven't had to use one yet but it's fast approaching. They were awesome in my experience.
  • If Christmas weren't right around the corner, I would probably forgo the Bella Band and go straight into maternity pants. We're all going to have to buy them eventually, right? Makes the most sense to buy them early and get the most wear out of them. But, most of my Christmas wishlist is maternity clothes, so I'm trying to hold out (I'm due at the end of May so I should make it to then). I don't mind the Bella Band. I do like the Bella Brand brand-name version for two reasons:  1) it has a piece of rubbery stuff around the bottom to help keep it in place, and 2) there are no ugly seams or printed-on tags like some other ones I have, so folding it over is very easy and discreet.
  • Oh, but this is so true!! I was able to button my pants today without a problem, but I threw a bella band over anyway to keep my baby muffin top in check.

MrsPDX said:
    I LOVE my belly band. I am using maternity pants and a belly band, I just like how it tightens the top of my maternity pants, and kind of smooths out my chubby bump. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"