Stay at Home Moms
Options

GTKY~ Parents addtion

1) How old were your parents when they got married? 18-21

2) Are they still married? Nope

3) They say you marry someone like your dad, is it true in your case? I don't know if I could have picked someone as polar opposite. 

4) What was your parents occupation? Mom was mostly a SAH. Dad is a farmer

5)What trait or quality did you inherit from each of them? I got my mom's ability to cook, I got my dads sick and twisted sense of humor. 

Re: GTKY~ Parents addtion

• Options
    1) Dad: 21, Mom 19
    2) Yes
    3) My husband and my dad are pretty similar
    4) Dad: Attorney  Mom: Special Education Teacher
    5) Dad: I think I am diplomatic like him
    Mom: I got my love of holidays from her
  • Options
    1) How old were your parents when they got married? Mom-23 Dad-25
    2) Are they still married? Yes
    3) They say you marry someone like your dad, is it true in your case? Polar opposites, I seriously doubt that they have one thing in common.
    4) What was your parents occupation? Mom-Medical Administration Dad-Iron Worker
    5)What trait or quality did you inherit from each of them? I have my mom's sixth sense and laugh. My dad gifted me with lush, Italian hair.

C 1/25/09
    H 2/8/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SouthernAcorn I'm curious about what you mean as a sixth sense? 
  • Options
    Not like seeing dead people or anything, but we are both very good at knowing when things are going to happen before they happen. She could be in a completely different area of the house growing up and would know the instant one of us was sick or would feel like something was wrong with a family member before they called to tell her about it. I'm always picking up my phone the instant before I get a call or text from someone. When my grandma passed, even though I had no idea when it would be just that it would be happening in the next day or two, I ended up calling my mom to ask how she was doing just as she was passing. I also had dreams about the sex of both of my kids and was right each time.

We're no Miss Cleo ;), and are in no way into mysticism or the occult, but part of me has to believe there is a little something extra going on.

I hope that didn't sound too crazy.

C 1/25/09
    H 2/8/14

• Options
    jag101 1) How old were your parents when they got married? 24-24 2) Are they still married? No my dad passed away, mom never remarried or even dated. He was the love of her life..
    3) They say you marry someone like your dad, is it true in your case?
    Nope , I believed they would of loved one another but not alike. I thought my dad walked on water, I
    was smart enough not to set a guy up to those standards;)...I was 11 when dad passed. 4) What was your parents occupation? Mom was mostly a SAH/ factory work automotive, Dad the same. 5)What trait or quality did you inherit from each of them? I got my mom's Irish temper ! Lol I also got her I patchy/ sympathy for others. My dad my love of cars, horses and yard work. It makes me feel close to him.
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    1) How old were your parents when they got married? Dad- 22; Mom- 21

2) Are they still married? Nope

3) They say you marry someone like your dad, is it true in your case? In some ways DH is like my Dad, in others he couldnt be more different.

4) What was your parents occupation? Mom- Scrub Tech; Dad- Construction

5)What trait or quality did you inherit from each of them? I got my Dad's sensitivity and my Mom's ability of always wanting to give.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • Options
    They were 19 and 24.

They divorced when I was 12.

Thank God DH is nothing like my father.

Mom was SAH for awhile then had to work so she started her own cleaning business.
    Dad was a truck driver.

They each have different anxieties and I think I got both!!

• Options
    1) Dad- 28, Mom-18
    2) Yep.
    3) Yeah, DH has a lot of similar characteristics of my dad.
    4) Mom - SAH until I was 10, now she is a bookkeeper at a Credit Union. Dad is a cattle rancher.
    5) I got my Dad's sense of humor and my Mom's ability to cook.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    1) How old were your parents when they got married? Not sure exactly, later twenties!

2) Are they still married? No

3) They say you marry someone like your dad, is it true in your case? They share some qualities, but my husband is much more family oriented, which I love!

4) What was your parents occupation? Teacher and conservation biologist.

5)What trait or quality did you inherit from each of them? homebody like my mom, goofy and tall like my dad!
  • Options
    1) How old were your parents when they got married? They were both 16!!!

2) Are they still married? Nope, they divorced after 23 years.

3) They say you marry someone like your dad, is it true in your case? I don't know if I could have picked someone as polar opposite. Exactly true for me as well.

4) What was your parents occupation? Mom was mostly a SAH as daycare cost more than she could make working at the bank but once we were adults, she worked her way up through education and experience and is now the head of the HR/Payroll department for a group of doctors. My father recently retired from being a Game Warden.

5)What trait or quality did you inherit from each of them? Mom - rational, practical, sensitive, optimistic, brave, and the ability to always persevere. Dad - witty, sharp, wicked smart, well-liked, stubborn, introspective, vulnerable.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    1) How old were your parents when they got married? 19 and 21

2) Are they still married? Nope, they just divorced this year

3) They say you marry someone like your dad, is it true in your case? No, he's completely different.

4) What was your parents occupation? Mom was a SAHM, Dad did everything under the sun. Started out by working in the White House control room, and was in the military, an electrician, a septic installer person thing, sales for various things, lineman (like phone company), and various other things that I don't really know about since I was a kid and didn't pay attention. I don't even know what he does now except that he has to travel a ton.

5)What trait or quality did you inherit from each of them? My mom's stubborness and ability to see things from multiple perspectives. My dad's socialness, and desire to try everything.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"