Pregnant after a Loss

pregnant after a loss(loss mentioned)

Hello ! I am new to this so forgive me if I do or say something wrong.

A little background: in 2010 I had my beautiful daughter at 26 weeks. They weren't sure why I went into premature labor. Both she and I were healthy, she just wanted to bless us early.
In February I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. My baby stopped developing at 6 weeks and 4 days. I had a natural miscarriage. No determined cause.
I'm April I had another miscarriage at 6 weeks. I had no idea I was pregnant(AF was irregular) and I found out while I was in the process of miscarrying. No determined causes again.

Here I am today pregnant after two losses& I'm a nervous wreck. I went for an ultrasound about a week ago and nothing was seen. My OB ran a hcg level after (result was 500) and reassured me that is why nothing appeared. I dated myself around 5 weeks(my OB is unable to determine a due date until a successful ultrasound) and am awaiting my second hcg results (had them drawn Friday). I panicked after my ultrasound and my OB decided that due to my previous pregnancies I should have a hcg level drawn every two weeks. She apologized for sending me to an early ultrasound. My emotions are everywhere because they don't have an estimate of how far along I am. Thoughts are running through my head like what if I am around 6 weeks and nothing is there? What if I go for ,y next ultrasound and it ends in another loss.

I get nervous that this pregnancy will result like my last. I over analyze every ache. I have constant fear that one morning when I wake up I will see blood. I reassure myself that this pregnancy is different however that little fear always is there. Is this a normal feeling for a mother after a loss? Will it go away?

Thanks!

Re: pregnant after a loss(loss mentioned)

• Sorry for your losses. What you are going through seems to me to be a normal reaction to your past. Try not to read too much into the ultrasound-
    It seems like your doctor sent you too early. I hope you have great results back from your Friday tests and in a few weeks a positive ultrasound experience. It's really hard not to think about the losses, hopefully some reassurance in the coming weeks will help with some of that.
  • I'm new here too.  I've only had 1 loss, but I am feeling a lot of the same things you are.  I think it is normal for anyone, but more so after a loss.  I'm sorry they did an U/S before measuring you hcg levels, but I am glad you will get to have them checked in the upcoming weeks.  There are some mantras in a post at the top of the page you may want to check out.  I think I will be repeating several of them daily and just thanking God for everyday that I am pregnant.  I'm hoping that will make the weeks till my first U/S bearable.  FX this is your sticky bean.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Loading the player...
  • I know it's scary in the beginning especially if you have had early losses. It sounds like you just had an ultrasound too early. Sending positive thoughts your way as you wait.

BFP #1: 8/17/13     Due Date: 4/26/14      MMC discovered @ 9w 4d       D&C: 10/2/13
    BFP #2: 12/23/13       Due Date: 9/6/14      MMC discovered @ 8w 5d    D&C: 2/6/14
    BFP #3 8/26/14     Due Date: 5/7/15  

imageimage

• ((Hugs)) Being PGAL can be scary at times. FX you get good results back from Friday's test.
    BFP #2 3/19/14      EDD: 11/28/14
     Femara + Gonal F + Ovidrel  3/6/14  IUI #3 (plus 2x acupuncture)

Team Pink!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 7/22/13   EDD 3/29/14   MMC 8/13/13
      Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image      image
    ALL ARE WELCOME
  • My Hcg level Friday was 764 mIU/mL, not double from the previous one. I am waiting to hear back from the doctor. I feel like I have hit a brick wall & have 1000 emotions running through my head. 

All I want is a healthy pregnancy. 

• My Hcg level Friday was 764 mIU/mL, not double from the previous one. I am waiting to hear back from the doctor. I feel like I have hit a brick wall & have 1000 emotions running through my head. 

All I want is a healthy pregnancy. 
    When was your first beta? There are lots of babies born whose betas did not double, so try not to worry too much, assuming that this was pretty close to the date of your first beta. Sending you t&p. ((hugs))
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • On 11/24-500
    On 11/28- 764

I had one completed this AM which I'm waiting for results. The doctor explained it doesn't look too promising :(
  • I'm sorry for your losses, and that your doctor wasn't optimistic. I don't have experience with betas or interpreting, but just wanted to send hugs!
  • I'm so sorry for your losses. While your betas don't look stellar, repeat the mantras<3 Like PP have said, plenty of healthy babies have been born without doubling betas<3. 
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"