September 2012 Moms
Options

How much do pay for Santa pics?

I've never gone before and was curious how much you have spent if you've taken your LO to get pics with Santa.  Their website is confusing but it looks like our nearest mall would be $22 for the cheapest package which is only 2 - 4X6's.  Then we can pay $7 more for a digital download but I'm not sure that gives us the rights...of course most places don't ask for the rights when you print them.
Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How much do pay for Santa pics?

• Options
    We got one 4x6 for 5 dollars, which was a donation to breast cancer research.
                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wanna say we paid about $20 for 2 5x7s. You could pay more for the digital download. Every digital download I've seen gave you the rights to print what you want.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2 5x7 and 4 wallet sized for $30, ouch!
  • Options
    We usually pay about $12 for a 4x6. The kids are always crying so I just buy one for record-keeping, I don't give them to anyone.
  • Options
    I paid $8 for one 5x7 last year. I'm not handing them out or anything. Just for record keeping!

• Options
    We have gone the past two years to a local restaurant. You eat while you wait. Pics are free but donations go to diabetes research I believe. We usually give $20 and get a cd or flash drive with a bunch.

• Options
    linzeek44 said:
    We have gone the past two years to a local restaurant. You eat while you wait. Pics are free but donations go to diabetes research I believe. We usually give $20 and get a cd or flash drive with a bunch.
    Since we leave near each other, what restaurant? That sounds like a great situation..I love the idea of our money going to a charity!
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We go to a local resort and pay around $20 for the smallest package then scan the pics on high resolution at home for Facebook and keepsake. We are going to try our local town square Santa this year.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    $0 for "take your own photo". It's really awesome.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    bosha711bosha711 member
    edited November 2014
    $5 per 4x6 pic. We go to a local bookstore to see Santa. It's the perfect low key set up. This will be our 4th year going.

Eta that like others have mentioned, we scan the pic to share it.

We are also allowed to take pics with our own camera.

• Options
    In 2012, we went to the local shopping mall and paid about $20-25 for 1 "sheet" (so 1x 8x10, or 2x 4x6, etc). Buuuuuut, I found a place last year that is a little farther away and has 2x 4x6 + a $10 Shutterfly GC for $13! Score!
  • Options
    The first year we did a free but asked for an unwrapped toy for toys for tots. We are going back this year. Last year we went to the mall and paid around $20 for a 5x7 because we were out of town for free Santa.

• Options
    There are few options we have done - usually there is the 'buy the cheapest option for 25 and then scan at home' that I like.
    However, last year we found that another mall has the option of giving you ALL pics (for however many kids and poses) for 20 bucks on a flash drive.
    They print too, but frankly, I can print those pics myself or go somewhere.

I do very much enjoy the digital option. Plus, the money goes to charities - I think it changes which one every day or something like that.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Depends on where we go. A local hotel has a fancy schmancy Christmas set-up including an indoor Ice carving walk-through scene and gingerbread house making. They cost $25 or so for the cheapest package. The Santa was fantastic and I love the place, but I may go elsewhere this year.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    Depends on where we go. A local hotel has a fancy schmancy Christmas set-up including an indoor Ice carving walk-through scene and gingerbread house making. They cost $25 or so for the cheapest package. The Santa was fantastic and I love the place, but I may go elsewhere this year.
    Gaylord? That is where we go too. I love the whole day of looking at the lights, the Santaland Village. I'm not sure we are going to have time to go this year and the traffic is insane because of the mall at the same exit, but I do love it.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    DH's work has a family holiday party every year and Santa is there. So we snap our own photo for free with him. But local places that have pics with Santa run $25 or $30 in our area. An if you tack on a digital option, you can print as many as you want.

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    Gaylord? That is where we go too. I love the whole day of looking at the lights, the Santaland Village. I'm not sure we are going to have time to go this year and the traffic is insane because of the mall at the same exit, but I do love it.
    Yup. I like it, but another mall near us is doing a whole Frozen themed Santa wonderland this year and I think L would adore that. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    Our mall Santa is 22 for two 4x6 and that is the cheapest package.  that is what i get just for a picture for us, as really all i want is one picture of him with Santa :)
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"