Trouble TTC

First cycle on Letrozole, RE wanted to see O sooner? Update - it's a no go

pinkdoggiepinkdoggie member
edited December 2014 in Trouble TTC
Hi guys! So a little backstory here: I was on clomid for several months and I O'd everytime, having generally a 35 day cycle. (So that meant I O'd CD 21 or 22). Anyway, RE put me on Letrozole rather than clomid again because clomid had thinned my lining pretty significantly. Anyway, I went in on CD 12 (last Monday) and she said ovaries were showing no sign of a dominate egg being formed (just a bunch of cysts typical with my PCOS). Also my uterus lining was not "thickening" as you expect to see if preparing for O, but she didn't seem TOO worried with that since it's thin anyway. She did seem worried though with the fact that I wasn't getting ready to O yet and was saying that CD 21 or 22 is really late to be O'ing, and they would like my cycles shorter than 35 days, but didn't really offer any kind of solution other than a concerned look. I always thought a little longer cycle was ok as long as I was O'ing, and now I have been worrying about this allll week. I go back in for a follow up Monday to see if my body is cooperating, but what do you guys think about this? OBGYN never said anything about my cd's being too long, but he's kind of a tool. Also, I have heard wonderful things about Letrozole/Femara but I am wondering if anyone actually took it that didn't O while taking it? Thanks ladies :)

Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
The Christmas Story

Re: First cycle on Letrozole, RE wanted to see O sooner? Update - it's a no go

• @hrushka
    Thanks for your answer, I agree about wishing it wasn't so long because then it'd be a lot faster and less drawn out before moving on to a new treatment. I do have a question about the raspberry leaf tea as well - can you drink it with Femera? I read several places not to drink it with clomid (almong with othe herbs such as maca and vitex) becuase it counteracts? Otherwise I would love to give it a shot ;)
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

The Christmas Story

• @iPutKetchupOnKetchup - that is very true! I just heard that in general people who took femera and clomid said femera worked better, so I assumed since clomid worked, it would too. But you are probably right, I might just need a higher dose!
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• Loading the player...
  • pinkdoggiepinkdoggie member
    edited November 2014
    @BlueFairy5

Thanks so much! I have a whole bunch of the raspberryleaf tea, so I'll ask RE monday then start a drinking binge of it :D

Edit for typos!
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• My RE said that it is better to O by CD 18.  I have similar issues in that I tend to O late and have a thin lining.  This cycle the RE put me on vaginal estrace to try to thicken my lining.
    As far as what you respond to, unfortunately there is no way to really know who will respond better to what medicine.  It is frustrating but mostly they just have to try meds/protocols and see how they work for you.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• @rainbowbridge14
    Thanks for your response. I always like hearing from fellow PCOS'ers. To answer your ? I am on 5 mg of Femara. :)
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• Update - Hey everyone I just got home from seeing my RE. There is no sign whatsoever that my body responded to the femera. The thing that bothered me the most though was that she said it's "strange" it didn't work for me and that "most women" respond. Just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. We are going to try a trigger shot next cycle and FX that works. It's really, really hard keeping faith though when every month is just more disappointment.
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• Update - Hey everyone I just got home from seeing my RE. There is no sign whatsoever that my body responded to the femera. The thing that bothered me the most though was that she said it's "strange" it didn't work for me and that "most women" respond. Just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. We are going to try a trigger shot next cycle and FX that works. It's really, really hard keeping faith though when every month is just more disappointment.

I could be totally wrong because I am myself on my first cycle of femara but you would only trigger if your body responded to the femara .. So that just seems a little off to me. I am sorry that you didn't respond fx everything goes well next cycle!

------------
    Razz *
    Me 24: PCOS & elevated Prolactin --- H 28: SA great
    Married <3 September 2012 -- TTC #1 Since September 2013

Femara 5mg + Ovidrel + TI + Progesterone
    = BFP!
    Beta #1:  12/24  371  -  Beta #2:  12/26  898

• pinkdoggiepinkdoggie member
    edited December 2014
    RazzyRN said:
    Update - Hey everyone I just got home from seeing my RE. There is no sign whatsoever that my body responded to the femera. The thing that bothered me the most though was that she said it's "strange" it didn't work for me and that "most women" respond. Just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. We are going to try a trigger shot next cycle and FX that works. It's really, really hard keeping faith though when every month is just more disappointment.
    I could be totally wrong because I am myself on my first cycle of femara but you would only trigger if your body responded to the femara .. So that just seems a little off to me. I am sorry that you didn't respond fx everything goes well next cycle!

Oh I forgot to mention she's upping the dose, and THEN if it works she'll give me a trigger shot, but it's the next step as soon as I respond to something. FX I respond. 

Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• I'm so sorry. Hopefully an upped dose and a trigger shot will do the trick.

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• @BlueFairy5 - thanks so much. I am hoping it'll be a repeat of clomid and I'll just respond on a higher dose. I was just a little bummed because I knew (thought I knew) that since clomid worked Femera would too. Just goes to show how crazy our bodies are (especially with PCOS)
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• So sorry. I barely responded to my first medicated cycle with Femera. The first few cycles are all guesswork and trial and error. Now your RE will know more of what to expect. There is always injectables as well. FX for next cycle!! Sorry your RE brushed you off I feel like that sometimes and always try to remember that they are busy and sometimes do not say the best things.
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• I'm sorry that your body's response wasn't good.  It is all so frustrating.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• I'm sorry! Its so frustrating having a cycle cancelled and just having to wait it out. I am learning so much patience with this IF process. 
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

Me: 28, PCOS 
    DH:29 (SA normal)
    Married June 2012
    TTC since Nov. 2013 
    Met with OBGYN to discuss lack of AF....

May 2014: Metformin 500mg
    July 2014: Clomid 50mg, never O'd
    Sept 2014: Clomid 100mg, O'd (yay!) CD21, BFN - Discovered OB sucks, made appt with RE
    Oct/Nov 2014: 1st appt with RE, Femera 7.5mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Nov/Dec 2014: HSG(all clear), Femera 7.5mg + Trigger + TI = BFP!! EDD 8/29/15
    Beta #1 = 755
    Beta #2 = 1208

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"