Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Christmas gifts for 3-year old boy

What are you getting your toddler boys for Christmas? DH and I went to Toys R Us tonight and it seemed like everything was either for babies or older kids. I have no clue what to get him so any ideas would be appreciated :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Christmas gifts for 3-year old boy

• Options
    My son is 2.5 he is getting the little people skyway thing. It's a ramp thing for cars. He is getting those gear toys that stick together and spin. Books about space and dinosaurs. A few puzzles. Also a big cement truck that he keeps asking for.
  • Options
    I think 3 was the year we got the swingset for the backyard. We also got some other board games- Candyland, Hungry Hippos, Ants in the Pants, Memory.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS2 is almost 3 but we're getting him Monster Feet and a Kidoozie Foam Pogo Jumper.  He's a kid who enjoys physical play more than any other kind and so these are good things to keep him active in the house.  He loves his balance bike if your DS doesn't have one already.  Another big hit last year but he still plays with it non-stop is an indoor trampoline similar to that one.  We also have a really neat popup tent & tunnel that my boys like to pull out and play with.  
  • Options
    DS is almost three. His list includes: Chutes and Ladders, Hungry Hippos, Magformers, a robot claw, Imaginext toys, and walkie talkies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At that age, I did books, duplos, age appropriate remote control cars, etc. Dinosaur train characters, more for his wooden train set. play food and kitchen.
    search on amazon and filter by his age. That should give you an idea.
  • Options
    His big gift when he turned 3 was a LeapPad.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    amil798amil798 member
    edited November 2014
    We are really thinking about getting him this {link removed by mod} because he simply loves to play with my smartphone. But then I am also afraid that he is going to spend lot of time with his new toy and wouldn't want to do anything physical. So confused!
  • Options
    DS is getting a big boy bike with training wheels for Christmas.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kellimark said:
    My son is 2.5 he is getting the little people skyway thing. It's a ramp thing for cars. He is getting those gear toys that stick together and spin. Books about space and dinosaurs. A few puzzles. Also a big cement truck that he keeps asking for.
    I just bought this for Christmas, too.  DS1 is 3.5 and DS2 is 2.  We already have a parking garage with ramps, but the Little People Skyway is quite tall so I think they will enjoy that.  DS1 is getting a t-ball set, Connect 4, Operation, some books, and a (stand-up) scooter. 

I am also getting DS2 a couple more trains for his set, a Thomas blanket and pillow, and some puppets.  He is always putting socks on his hands, LOL, so I think he needs puppets.  I might also get them a karaoke toy.  The one by V-tech seems decent. 

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    edited November 2014
    My lil guy is getting a Step2 kitchen, books, Ninjago alarm clock, sticker packs, some Lowes build n grow kits and a bunch of kitchen related stuff.  Kitchens aren't just for girls and he can learn a lot from a toy like this.  We're hoping to develop his imaginative play, vocabulary and maybe help combat some eating issues .. we already know he is going to love it for the toy factor :)

He got a train table last year and already has a tonne of cars, indoor enclosed trampoline and tablet.

It all depends on your circumstances.. I live in an upstairs apartment so that restricts some of the buying choices I would otherwise make. Weather also plays a part; since there are times it is too hot, or too cold to be outdoors.  My little guy doesn't go to day care, so educational and development toys and books are a big must for me. Annual passes to places he can develop his social skills are also good for us.  Zoo, museums, aquariums and such do annual family passes.  

Musical instruments(... or instruments of torture for some parents lol) are always an option.  I picked up a Cars guitar for $15 at TRus on sale from $40++ and he has a 54 key keyboard.  He also loves to paint and he has a table top easel and paints on canvas with acrylics.

At this age there are lots of things you can get them interested in I don't think there is really any bad choices as long as they are learning something from what they get... something good that is LOL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS will be 3 the end of January and his list for Christmas is:
    a train set, a kid tuff real digital camera, age appropriate remote control tractor, wooden puzzle that spells his name, an interactive tractor book, snow pants, pjs, pants, shirts, stickers, playdough, viewmaster, bike helmet, doctor play kit, musical microphone, How to Train Your Dragon 2, kid size snow shovel and some snow toys, large ride on type construction sand digger.

This is his list from us and all other family members.
  • Options

Mine is 2.5 and we are getting him:

- A big play dough set (he's really into play dough lately)

- A Little People car ramp thing that's 3 feet tall (he's really into his Little People airport, and cars in general)

- A Robert Munsch Treasury book

- A yo-yo (when you ask him what he wants for Christmas from santa he always says a yo-yo... I don't think he's ever seen a yo-yo in real life but hey its $2)

I also might get an annual pass for me & him to the Children's museum. I'm going to be on mat leave next year so I think we could get a lot of use of it.

Other things he's into lately but already has are a motorized Thomas train set, construction toys, cars, Mickey Mouse books, snow shovels, building blocks, coloring markers, and musical instruments (tambourine, drums, Melissa & Doug set with a bunch of stuff). 

• Options
    Reese is obviously a girl, but she is getting a tool set; a scooter. She hasn't been in toddler toys for awhile though. We may get her some lego juniors; imaginext sets. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    My son loves Junior Groovies books. I am also getting him a tricycle, a tool set, a toddler soccer game, and maybe this toddler trampoline: 

• Options
    We are converting DS's train table to a light table and giving him accessories he can play with on top of it, so he has the option of playing with it as a train table or the light table.  Kitchen set and accessories. Peek a Boo bunny game, Mr. Potato Head, Little Blue Truck Christmas book, Raisin play book with a pack of raisins.  Possibly a gift for his next birthday but I just came across these Kidkraft play sets. There are a few different ones, they look like a lot of fun!  Another option are homemade snow dough, moon sand, flubber, slime, etc or the ingredients to make them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"