TTC after 35
Options

AW: Thoughts on FSH/AMH?

So my FSH came back at 7.10 and my AMH is 2.25.  I don't see my doctor again until just before my surgery (12/16), so I am seeking opinions on this combination of numbers from you all.  I think these are pretty strong numbers given my age (35), but I am no expert.  Thoughts?
TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart

Re: AW: Thoughts on FSH/AMH?

• Options
    That looks pretty good based on what I know.  It seems that AMH is more sensitive and FSH is more specific.  FSH is fine if it is under 9 and usually AMH less than 1 means someone is a poor responder.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    I have no direct knowledge from an RE's mouth, but I know the ratio of FSH to AMH is how they view the information. 
    I did have my day 3 levels run (its' been 3years now as I was 39 and just a few months into ttc again!) and remember my amh was under 5 but cannot remember my other #s.  I've thought about searching through my papers to find the information so I can even enter into a conversation with some semblance of knowledge but haven't managed to do so lately.
    I wish you success!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your numbers are similar to mine, which my doc has said indicate a good egg supply. So the good news is that you'll probably respond well to medications.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"