Stay at Home Moms
Options

GTK SAH Are you edumacated?

edited December 2014 in Stay at Home Moms
So since the consensus is this board is a bunch of uneducated bitches, let's find out! Plus I love a good clicky poll. What is everyone's education?

GTK SAH Are you edumacated? 176 votes

Barely finished 8th grade yo!
2% 4 votes
high school graduate
1% 2 votes
some college
9% 16 votes
associates degree
7% 14 votes
bachelors degree
43% 77 votes
graduate degree
35% 63 votes

Re: GTK SAH Are you edumacated?

• Options
    Just a bachelors for me  X_X
  • Options
    Bachelors for me too...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bachelors as well
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I have a bachelors and am slowly working on a masters certificate.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Eh I know people with Masters degrees that are dumb as a bag of door knobs.  They lack common sense and life experience.  They are good people but, it's clear they were born and bred inside a pretty shiny bubble.  Facebook is very revealing.  

Post more please. :D

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    Eh I know people with Masters degrees that are dumb as a bag of door knobs.  They lack common sense and life experience.  They are good people but, it's clear they were born and bred inside a pretty shiny bubble.  Facebook is very revealing.  
    Anything for you.  ;)
  • Options
    jag101 said:
    I know plenty of people that do not have any post secondary education that are very smart, and have excelled in life. I believe that education doesn't define your character, your actions do.  
    Truth! 
  • Options

Anything for you.  ;)

Awesome heheheh :P

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I have a MA in Counseling, my interest in changing careers motivated me to go back to school! Not dumb, not bred in a bubble :)
  • Options
    I have a Bachelor's in English and taught secondary ed for awhile and am now back in school working on my JD.  I have always thought this board was a pretty smart board (even if dramatic)!
  • Options
    I have a bachelor's in accounting.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    I have my MBA and was a licensed CPA before becoming a SAHM 9 years ago. If I wanted to practice in the state of CA, I'd have to resit for the exam, which I plan to do at some point.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    bhuffman said:
    I have a Bachelor's in English and taught secondary ed for awhile and am now back in school working on my JD.  I have always thought this board was a pretty smart board (even if dramatic)!
    It still is, just changed the vibe a bit. 
    Ohhh, just got caught up...yeah, apparently all who post now are bored uneducated housewives.. ;)  Good to know!
  • Options
    BS in Music Ed. I desperately want to get a masters or a 2nd bachelors in a different specialization in education, but at this point I can't justify the costs without knowing how the kid will do health-wise once she's in scool and if I'll be able to go back full time.
    That's my degree too!
  • Options
    auroraloo said:
    I'm guessing most of us have degrees of some sort.  Most people do nowadays. 

And the point was made repeatedly by many of the former regs that one of the best ways to meet a spouse who would be able to financially support their family if one parent SAH was to get a degree yourself and meet someone either also attending college or with a professional career.  This poll is just feeding the trolls.
    @curlingrocks what?? I've been on this board for a long time and never once saw anything like this on here. Who said that? 
    It seemed to come more as a rebuttal to the idea of "wasting your education" etc if you plan to SAH, not so much people saying it was their plan going into higher education.More making fun of the idea of an 18 year old foregoing college to hang out with her HS boyfriend and work small jobs until she has kids because, why bother with a degree if she plans to SAH? When she would far more likely find someone who can support a SAHM in college.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a BS in nursing, and I'm working on becoming a lactation consultant (IBCLC).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Some college, no degree, Series 7 & 66 licensed thru my old profession.
  • Options
    I choose some college, as I did two years of my nursing degree. Then I went to a technical college and did my legal assistant diploma. I also have my real estate license. I wish I had gone straight to the technical college/Trade school instead of my university.
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    edited December 2014

The worst is when they earned their Ph.D.'s without one day in the real world then became professors...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MesmrEwe said:

The worst is when they earned their Ph.D.'s without one day in the real world then became professors...

Those people are the worst.
  • Options
    SS: no HS diploma, but I have a bachelors degree.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I only finished high school. No university for me. My high school boyfriend (now my husband) and I knew that we would marry, start a family and I would stay home. I was never passionate about a career. This had nothing to do with intelligence, ability or drive. I just never saw myself as doing anything I loved more than being a mom so I didn't invest the time or money into further education. Now 10 years later, after living all over the country and earning decent money without a degree, I've started my dream job as a mother. A degree doesn't guarantee life skills and common sense. That being said, I think our varying interests, knowledge and skills are a plus. That's what makes the world go round!
  • Options
    Currently in college for my first bachelors and then my masters
  • Options
    Oh and some college.  I put my stuff on hold so DH could finish his first since he had more credits than me.  
  • Options
    BA in Marketing, almost done with my Masters in HR Mgmt. Also have my Series 7, 63, and State Life Ins license for TX. Good times.
  • Options
    Another CPA with an MBA as well with an accounting concentration.

I keep going to work and then leaving again, so I use it intermittently.  Its an active license and I just left my job to SAH (my last day is tomorrow!)

I also did meet my husband at work, he has a finance background and MBA as well and is an awesome provider.  I don't know if you are exposed to more providers if you go to college and have a career first, or if similar people just tend to be drawn to each other.  Its an interesting hypothesis.  Probably a bit of both.

I still toy with getting a JD or even getting a PhD and teaching accounting.  I love the learning process, hate the grind.
  • Options
    Some college. I dropped out twice. I was a nanny for over 20 years and my only dream was to have a family of my own. I had no trouble with school, I earned excellent grades actually, I simply had no direction. Nothing stood out to me as a career I would feel passionate about. It took a long time to meet the right person to share my life with and we suffered several losses so I am unbelievably grateful for my family and the chance to stay home with my daughter.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options

Masters degree in public admin
    Concentrated in nonprofit management

I am pretty liberal. ;)

But also avoid conflict!

Cool! MS is in Public Administration with a minor in nonprofit management. I've never met anyone with that same mix of major and speciality.

I worked for a museum and a major university before SAH. I never thought I would be a SAHM, but plans change.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"