March 2012 Moms

Happy TG everyone...

Re: Happy TG everyone...

• Been a rough one here. A massive snowstorm knocked out power to 104,000 people (that's huge here) so DH has been gone all day helping restore power. Not sure when I'll see him again. Last year he was gone over Christmas for a storm. He just got home for a 6 days gone storm a few weeks ago. It's getting old. I'm tired of a toddler crying because she wants her Daddy to come back.

My parents did make it down but then we received word right after lunch that my cousin (only 24) died this morning in a weather-related car accident. They were on the roads only an hour before they were clear. Both him and the driver died, I'm assuming instantly but can't confirm that. Just such a shock. He had two small children at home. You never think something like this will happen to your family...and then it does.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Been a rough one here. A massive snowstorm knocked out power to 104,000 people (that's huge here) so DH has been gone all day helping restore power. Not sure when I'll see him again. Last year he was gone over Christmas for a storm. He just got home for a 6 days gone storm a few weeks ago. It's getting old. I'm tired of a toddler crying because she wants her Daddy to come back.

My parents did make it down but then we received word right after lunch that my cousin (only 24) died this morning in a weather-related car accident. They were on the roads only an hour before they were clear. Both him and the driver died, I'm assuming instantly but can't confirm that. Just such a shock. He had two small children at home. You never think something like this will happen to your family...and then it does.
    I'm so sorry you had a crappy day .. I don't know if your hubby has a  have smart phone.. but if you do, or he has a laptop and inter net available.. google hangouts is awesome.  We use it while Hubby is at the academy .. and to stay in touch with long distance friends and family.  It will definitely get a workout while DH is away for a month finishing his academy training down south early next year. 

So sorry to hear about your cousin :( 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wipz said:
    I'm so sorry you had a crappy day .. I don't know if your hubby has a  have smart phone.. but if you do, or he has a laptop and inter net available.. google hangouts is awesome.  We use it while Hubby is at the academy .. and to stay in touch with long distance friends and family.  It will definitely get a workout while DH is away for a month finishing his academy training down south early next year. 

DH is anti-smartphone but we do text throughout the day. Just hard to get the news about my cousin and not have him here. I was in shock yesterday but now that it seems more real, I'm having a hard time with it.

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Wipz said:

DH is anti-smartphone but we do text throughout the day. Just hard to get the news about my cousin and not have him here. I was in shock yesterday but now that it seems more real, I'm having a hard time with it.
    Hang in there... and if you need an ear to bitch and vent at .. just PM me and let rip.  

I have wide shoulders, big ears and I can listen without hearing and read without seeing.  Joys of working with sensitive data .. I choose not to retain personal info after the fact :)  

Sometimes it helps to  talk about it with strangers and I'm not the type to spout off platitudes to people.  I'll prolly make you laugh, make you cry, make you mad and  make you think .. all in one message.  

Offer is there if you need an outlet :) 
  • Wipz said:
    Hang in there... and if you need an ear to bitch and vent at .. just PM me and let rip.  

I have wide shoulders, big ears and I can listen without hearing and read without seeing.  Joys of working with sensitive data .. I choose not to retain personal info after the fact :)  

Sometimes it helps to  talk about it with strangers and I'm not the type to spout off platitudes to people.  I'll prolly make you laugh, make you cry, make you mad and  make you think .. all in one message.  

Offer is there if you need an outlet :) 
    Thanks, Wipz.

• Welcome... :)  We all need to vent sometimes and know it won't come back and bite us in the (_*_) later at a family gathering lol
  • Hugs @countrygrl5533‌ I'm really sorry about your cousin :(
  • @Countrygrl5533 I am sorry for your loss. You family, and especially his two small children will be in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you strength to get through this hard time, even more so with your dh gone.
  • Thanks for the support. :) DH came home Saturday night. We had Thanksgiving yesterday. Funeral will be Saturday morning. Of course, DH works Saturdays right now so DD and I will just drive as far as my parents' house then ride with them.  Maybe not the wisest choice. I'm sure I'll be a bit emotional on the ride home. He has a unclaimed vacation day but I want him to use that for a Saturday afternoon Christmas party with friends from church. Friends that moved away will be coming and I want to see them.

• Well at least push come to shove I am sure you could hang out at your parents  if you don't feel up to the drive home :)  Maybe you should pack for that as a possibility... even a few hours might help.

Do whatever you need to do .. just so long as you do it safely :) 
  • I just checked the weather for Saturday. Unless to forecast gets better, I won't be going. That's a long ways with snow and rain.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"