December 2014 Moms

Who's still shaving their legs

nbateman5nbateman5 member
edited November 2014 in December 2014 Moms
Kills my back and pelvis so it's been a while for me...anyone else rockin hairy legs?
BabyFruit Ticker

Who's still shaving their legs 305 votes

Still shaving on the reg
47% 144 votes
Haven't shaved in a week
24% 76 votes
Haven't shaved in a few weeks
13% 40 votes
Can't remember last time I shaved
10% 32 votes
SS
4% 13 votes

Re: Who's still shaving their legs

• Yeah I go in for my 36 week appointment on Wednesday and I'll probably let them do the internal check just so I can have the useless cervix status check to needlessly obsess over. Thinking it would be good manners to shave before then, but I really don't feel like it. Hoping I will tomorrow...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I voted SS bc I have DH do it for me :) now the bikini area is another story- straight up hippy au natural look there and totes not apologetic for it

December Siggy: Free for all!
    image imageimage

EDD: 12/12/14

Expected completion of dissertation: ?

• Loading the player...
  • I shave about once or twice a week, usually the night before my Dr appointments. . Haha
    It had just gotten to be to big of a struggle and takes wayyy to long
  • Everything but my hooha is shaved. The hooha is too much work.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • I shave my legs on the reg. But my vag is out of control.. and will stay that way.
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• chicorojo said:

I shave my legs on the reg. But my vag is out of control.. and will stay that way.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. It's kinda scary. I feel bad for the docs. But obviously not bad enough to do anything about it.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• I'm still shaving my legs every week or so. My hair grows slow when I'm pregnant so they don't look too bad after a week. And it's winter so I never shave as often anyway. I have my 36 week appt in thurs and will be swabbed for GBS so I'll prob attempt to trim up the bikini area. I don't want my OB getting lost down there.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • I am always so jealous of those that don't shave often. If I don't shave my legs get soon itchy. I have woken up with bloody scratches covering my legs when I go a few days without shaving.

Legs and pits get shaved at least every other day. Everything else gets somewhat taken care of every other week.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Legs- once a week
    Vage- ummm... I'll trim it up every few weeks
    Pitts- once/twice a week

I also sporadically shave arms, belly, other random places.

Also, I only use an electric razor now.

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Legs are every couple of weeks or so.  The rest as needed.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • I have only shaved my legs once since August....thankfully my leg hair grows slow and I am light haired/fair skinned so if I do get hair, it's not really noticeable. My underarms are a different story, I have to shave them 3x a week because the hair I don't have everywhere else is showing up there.
  • I don't know if it really counts, as "still" shaving regularly but I recently started shaving a couple times a week again. I had only been shaving my legs right before OB appointments for the second tri and most of the third tri.

Now, I have a weird almost-superstitious type fear that I will spontaneously go into labor if I don't keep up or don't do my hair. Since I have to have a c-section, I wouldn't have any time to prepare if I actually went into labor. It is really stupid but the thought that I am going to have to rush to the hospital with hairy legs or greasy hair is makes me anxious. Can I blame pregnancy hormones? Lol
  • path75path75 member
    edited November 2014
    I am shaving about my legs every few weeks but probably not doing a good job. My private I do as good as it gets. With weekly cervical checks now I have to try to trim a little off the top.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• NELSMD said:

chicorojo said:

I shave my legs on the reg. But my vag is out of control.. and will stay that way.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. It's kinda scary. I feel bad for the docs. But obviously not bad enough to do anything about it.

My hospital specifically asks you not to shave your lady bits for 7 days prior to your due date/induction (thus implying that they'd really rather you didn't shave it at all, since we can't predict when we'll go into labour). As soon as I saw that sign at the hospital, I stopped feeling even remotely badly. ;)

Not that I ever really felt badly. Even when not pregnant, I generally can't be bothered to do anything down there... meh.

Sweet! Done and done. I wonder why that is, though?
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NELSMD said:

NELSMD said:

chicorojo said:

My hospital specifically asks you not to shave your lady bits for 7 days prior to your due date/induction (thus implying that they'd really rather you didn't shave it at all, since we can't predict when we'll go into labour). As soon as I saw that sign at the hospital, I stopped feeling even remotely badly. ;)

Not that I ever really felt badly. Even when not pregnant, I generally can't be bothered to do anything down there... meh.
    Sweet! Done and done. I wonder why that is, though?

My OB told me the same thing before I was induced with my older son. She said that small nicks while shaving and ingrown hairs can increase the risk of infection.
  • I shave every shower- kind of OCD. I hadn't heard not to before labor... Will ask my dr. I am a hairy beast if I don't shave. Eeek
  • Pits whenever DH notices they're getting kinda crazy and says something (only about once a week by this point).

Vag hasn't seen a razor in a good month or so. DH originally offered to pick up that duty, but I guess he decided he could deal with a jungle for just a few months instead. I want to say I don't care, but really I can't wait to get rid of this itchy wool sweater knitted straight onto my ladybits as soon as I can see it again.

And worst of all I think maybe I shaved my legs sometime in September...? Still been wearing dresses up until maybe 2 weeks ago too. No shame ;)
  • I don't shave my legs or pits in the winter ever when I'm not pregnant. I think it would be dangerous for me to try shaving my legs now, I fell over unzipping my boot the other day.
  • I majorly lucked out...my waxing lady saw that my legs were bad so she went ahead and waxed them. I noticed the other day that the hair had just started to grow back, and much less than normal. So I waxed them this weekend and I'll probably be good to go for at least a month. 

If only my underarms would cooperate...
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• You would think that since I've had DS that I would start to shave my legs regularly again...hasn't happened. I do shave my armpits about once a week but everything else gets covered by underwear and pants and definitely am not worried about anyone else seeing them right now so I don't see the use in all of that effort.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My legs have stopped growing hair. It is so strange, I haven't shaved them in weeks and they are still smooth. 
  • I just started shaving pits daily again. I fear of going into labor & having hairy pits! It is the one place I can still reach comfortably so I figure people would expect shaved pits. Ha! My legs get attention with an electric razor when I notice I am looking like a sasquatch so maybe done every couple of weeks or so? Last time I tried trimming my hooha I did nick myself ever so slightly & that was enough for me to just say "let it be". I hate being so hairy down there but oh well. Soon enough I'll get back to looking like a lady ;-)
  • I thought I was and doing a decent job until putting lotion on tonight after my shower! Oops
  • I do my calves and knees about once a week and above the knee about every 2 weeks.  Mostly just not to gross out poor DH.  I gave up on shaving my lady bits back in September but switched to brazilians.  Got my last one before birth on Wednesday, so it won't last me forever but hopefully it won't be a forest by the time I can see it again.
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• I'm shaving purely because I'm doing a water birth and I really don't want to feel my own hairy legs in the tub the whole time. So I shave like every 2-3 days. Also the armpits aren't optional, it's hot here and I wear tank tops like a uniform.
  • I still shave once or twice a week. I still shave my lady bits as well. With DD I kept up with my brazillians during my entire pregnancy. This time, ain't nobody got time for that with a toddler and on a SAHM budget. So, back to shaving I went. It's very much a touch and pray shave at this point because I can't see shit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• I didn't vote because, "Sort of" wasn't an option!  I try to shave a little but I cannot really see what I'm doing and I miss a ton of spots and it hurts my belly a little when I try to bend that far forward. 
  • Legs and pits every day, and had a wax (bikini) about two months ago. Felt faint on the table as it was before I knew that lying on your back whilst preggo makes you dizzy.ill be waxing again this week as I'm still a good bit off due. Hate the feeling of being hairy..plus don't want DH feeling stubble if he rubs my legs!!
  • Just shaved them last night! Before that,I don't remember the last time...a couple of months.,I have to sit on the shower floor to do it though!
  • Pits I do every other day
    Legs I at least get up to my knees once a week
    Nothing else is getting done with this gargantuan twin belly. I am thankful I can still wipe my vag, there is now way I can shave it. :p
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I am still shaving regularly but cut myself pretty badly the past two times! I guess I can't see my legs as well as I think I can.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • marsavary said:
    I don't think I've shaved this entire pregnancy...the only thing I worry about keeping in line is my armpits and hooha. Other than that I just don't care. :))
    Armpits yes, daily. Hooha? God no. Too much of a fall risk lol
    I think the hooha is much harder to shave than legs....  I keep up with the legs once (sometimes even twice!) a week and armpits daily. I don't even want to attempt to shave my ladybits right now.
  • My problem is that (1) I was a swimmer in college and high school, where we wouldn't shave for much of the season, so it made me shaving lazy already. As in will only do it when I have to even while not pregnant; and (2) our shower is one of those standing showers were the tub is separate in our bathroom, so I have no where to prop my feet up to shave. I either have to bend all the way over, or balance myself. Neither of those are easy right now. That being said, I have big plans to shave tomorrow since dresses/skirts are the only work clothes that are comfortable right now (my leg hair is blond, so I can get away with it for awhile, but it's starting to be really noticeable at this point) and I have my first cervical check, so I thought I'd clean up for the doctor's sake. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• I shaved my legs for the first time in probably 2 months last night! It was great once I got it done.
  • Armpits get shaved with every shower.

Legs haven't been shaved in months (not because I can't reach, because I don't care, and DH is a hippie Vermonter who doesn't care either).

Ladybits get trimmed every so often for my own comfort and hygiene, not for DH (see above), and definitely not for my medical team!

I've never been a super regular shaver this time of year anyway, and luckily, my leg hair is pretty light and patchy, so it's not a huge deal. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Still shaving but the pegnancy gods decided my legs really didn't need to grow hair to make up for the crazy lady bits growth instead, so leg shaving has been sporadic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"