December 2014 Moms
Options

Toothache really bad, recommendations please

what to do i have a very bad toothache is a broke and inflamed molar, i think i need to extract, is Ok to do so? Some recommendations please. week 37.

Re: Toothache really bad, recommendations please

• Options
    paola00mx said:

what to do i have a very bad toothache is a broke and inflamed molar, i think i need to extract, is Ok to do so? Some recommendations please. week 37.

D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    None of us are qualified to tell you this - you need to get medical professionals to tell you what to do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I had a bad toothache. Went to the dentist. They gave me meds for temporary relief. They can also refer you to a surgeon if it has to be extracted while pregnant. I was told by my dentist they could not give me enough novocaine to extract it that way.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• Options
    Llámale al dentista primero y dile que estás embarazada. Él sabrá que hacer. Suerte.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Uh, call your dentist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited November 2014
    Dentist. Probably safer to have it treated/extracted than have an infection or other complications.

Test
  • Options
    Call your dentist and get in before the weekend. It is not good to have infection in your body while pregnant.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks a lot everyone yes I think too is better going to the dentist, the problem is I will have to wait until Monday because this a long weekend for Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    Many dentists do 24 hour emergency. You can also go to the ER for antibiotics if there is infection. Good luck and I hope you feel better!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Go to the er if you thjnk there might be an infection. I had horrible pain about a month ago and delayed going to the dr. By the time I went the infection was speaking through my face and up towards my brain. No joke. The dentist/oral surgeon extracted the tooth with only a couple shots of novacaine.
    I'm not saying you have the same situation as I did but they reminded me that baby and I share the same blood supply and a lost tooth is better than harming baby.
    Hopefully your tooth is not infected but I would go to check it out as soon as possible. Infections spread fast.
  • Options
    Get to a dentist. In the meantime, ice the shit out of it.
  • Options
    Kmm1023Kmm1023 member
    edited November 2014
    Here's what not to do!

Eta link not working. Google extreme cheapskate dentist!

Eta call ur dentist or OB hope u feel better soon!
  • Options
    Tysm everyone i did make an appointment already with dentist next Tuesday is the sooner so hopefully by then i i will have a solution.
  • Options
    paola00mx said:

Tysm everyone i did make an appointment already with dentist next Tuesday is the sooner so hopefully by then i i will have a solution.

Glad you were able too get an appointment.

Test
  • Options
    I would still go to the ER for antibiotics. Dental infections during pregnancy can cause complications.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Go to the ER or see your dentist. My wisdom tooth (I still have all four) decided it was going to start growing again and got infected during my first trimester. I went to the ER and they sent me to a dentist. The dentist recommended rinsing my mouth with hot salt water 5 times a day and to come back and see him if it didn't get better within a week or two...luckily it got better. He said he would have taken my tooth out if it didn't get better, but he wouldn't put me to sleep because of being pregnant. 
  • Options

I'd call your OB and dentist. Neglecting your teeth during pregnancy is a really, really bad idea. There also isn't anything we can do other than tell you to contact the people that can help!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Tysm yes i was already with OB she prescribed Ampicillin as antibiotics and Tylenol for pain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"