Baby Names
Options

VENT/ Just got stuck in a situation with someone's sick kid

I am SUPER paranoid about getting sick and have skipped many events I want to go to to try to stay healthy. Well, don't you know the ONE thing DH asks me to go to is his sister's house and being that she's a NP you'd think she'd give us a heads up if she has a vomiting kid. We drive two hours out here and just find this out. I am pissed.

Now I'm giving DH the evil eye and trying to stay away from everyone. And we are about to eat. Fan freaking tastic.

Re: VENT/ Just got stuck in a situation with someone's sick kid

• Options
    I would be soooo pissed. That's so disrespectful. I would leave and there's no way I would eat a thing.
  • Options
    Posted it again? Haha. 

You still didn't share their names!

I wouldn't be overly impressed about them not telling you but kids get sick. That's life. 
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I think they should have given you a heads up. Stomach bugs suck ass.

Strange post for this board though.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am SUPER paranoid about getting sick and have skipped many events I want to go to to try to stay healthy. Well, don't you know the ONE thing DH asks me to go to is his sister's house and being that she's a NP you'd think she'd give us a heads up if she has a vomiting kid. We drive two hours out here and just find this out. I am pissed. Now I'm giving DH the evil eye and trying to stay away from everyone. And we are about to eat. Fan freaking tastic.

grow up!
  • Options
    I would be super annoyed about it! Colds are OK; puking is NOT. Those stomach bugs can be SOOO contagious. I've had a couple situations already when we got something at a party (once w/ friends, once with family, once with family that skipped us but tons of others got sick) and it is NOT fun. Especially when the kids get it, too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I would assume by your name that you are a teacher?

Do you call out sick every time a student gets sick?

You really should look into getting counseling for your issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"