Preemies

Introduction and my story...

Hi there everyone my name is Darby, and I am currently 24 weeks and 4 days pregnant with a little girl. I have now been in the hospital for a month on strict bed rest. When we went in for our routine 20 week ultrasound they found that my cervix was "incompetent" I was admitted to the hospital on October 27the, and have been here since. On the 29th of October they gave me a cerclage (a stitch to close my cervix) and have had me on progesterone pills that are inserted vaginally (tmi sorry) every night since being here. So far my cervix has gone being from 4mm in length to 7mm, which still is quite short, but nonetheless improving. I have a had 2 shots of Betamethasone (steroid to help with lung development) because they aren't sure when she could arrive. Today my doctor came in and told me that I may be allowed to go home! Which is some of the best news I have heard lately. This has been one of the hardest months of my life, and I know that it was to help benefit our daughter so there was no choice that it needed to be done. I do still worry that she could come at any time... But I am hoping she stays in there for a bit yet! My due date was March 13th but I'm not sure of the likely hood we will make it to that point...

Re: Introduction and my story...

• Hi. I'm currently on bed rest in the hospital due to a short cervix. I'm 25 weeks 4 days. :(
  • Awe :( any sign of being able to go home? I was sent home yesterday but still on bed rest, but home is much better then the hospital! I am 25 weeks today. Did you get a cerclage or anything? Hope all goes well for you and baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope you get to go home!! Best of luck to you for a smooth and safe delivery.

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"