September 2013 Moms

Thermometers

Please recommend your thermometer. We are currently using the temporal scanner but it never says she is fevered even when she feels super hot.
What should I purchase next ?
BFP#1 - 9/19/2012 M/C 10/8/2012 7W5D BFP#2 - 1/13/2013 This is our first child. We are praying this one is our sticky baby. Hoping and praying for a successful 9 months. BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Thermometers

• What brand is yours? W has the same problem. Had a Vicks brand. I called them told them my issues and they sent me a mailing label to send it in to be tested. Once I sent it in they called me within a short time and said it tested that it was working properly but they offered to mail me a new better one. The new one we have is by braun and it works great.
  • We were using a digital rectal thermometer but since LO had gotten older it's harder to get her to lay still long enough to take her temp that way (the thermometer takes at least a minute). The last time she was sick we decided to get a different one and DH insisted on the Braun temporal but we could not ever get it to work properly and ended up returning it for a ear thermometer, that one works a little better but it's hit or miss for an accurate temp since it has to be positioned in just the right spot. Anyways, we use the ear one for the most part now and if there's any question or if we feel like we need an accurate temp we resort back to the rectal thermometer since that ones always been accurate for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Legitsince86‌ that's how I verify when I'm unsure with any I've used.
  • Thanks ladies. We have an exergen. I'm thinking I'm going to an ear thermometer. She has another eye appointment tomorrow so I'll have to hit target up!!
    BFP#1 - 9/19/2012 M/C 10/8/2012 7W5D BFP#2 - 1/13/2013 This is our first child. We are praying this one is our sticky baby. Hoping and praying for a successful 9 months. BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"