Stay at Home Moms

Black Friday shopping

Did/Will you go out...? What did you buy, or what are you hoping to get?

I went shopping with DH's cousins last night and bought a tablet for my mom and Planes 2 DVD for DS. I was hoping to get a giant lego bucket and Snow Glow Elsa doll, but they were sold out.

We're driving home from OOT today, and I plan to hit a few stores this weekend (Target, Kmart, B&N).

Re: Black Friday shopping

• No way you could pay me enough money to brave Black Friday!  My husband and I dragged our then 2.5 year old and 4 week old out one year to Target because they were having a great deal on fake trees and ours needed replaced.  It honestly wasn't too bad, but we also were there at 10 in the morning; after the craziness.  However, that is it.  I

will participate in small business Saturday.
  • Nope. Having in worked in retail management for many years, I refuse to participate in the craziness now that I have a choice. I did do so online shopping for cloth diapers overnight and will most likely get some shopping done tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not for me!! But its impossible for me to find a babysitter. Good luck to those who did/do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nope. We are always visiting family and I'm never near any stores/malls to do it. I don't have any desire to anyway. I don't like shopping in crowds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Yep. I love the hustle and bustle. Got some jammies for my girls and a bunch of clothes for almost nothing at ON.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• I don't do Black Friday. I do like shopping online for deals (Target has 10% off gift cards until 12pm), but going out and waiting in line to get into a store just isn't for me.
  • Here in Canada it's never been a thing, our Thanksgiving was early October. The retailers are trying to get it going here. I am going to target today just to see. There will be no crowds, everyone has to work so if I get some good deals, great! If not, no loss.
  • I'm usually in the anti Black Friday camp. The whole consumerism thing really gets to me, and I don't like to support a day that celebrates it. I know it won't make any difference one way or another in the grand scheme of things, but it makes me feel better to avoid buying anything today. 
    My day will be spent cleaning up the aftermath of Thanksgiving. Meh.
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • bhuffman said:

No way you could pay me enough money to brave Black Friday!  My husband and I dragged our then 2.5 year old and 4 week old out one year to Target because they were having a great deal on fake trees and ours needed replaced.  It honestly wasn't too bad, but we also were there at 10 in the morning; after the craziness.  However, that is it.  I

will participate in small business Saturday.
    You are brave. I enjoy BF shopping, but I would NEVER venture out with kids!

• I'm only participating in the online deals ;)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• I love Black Friday shopping! My sister anf I went this morning at 4am to the mall and then Menards. We like to just browse and see what we can find. I usually replace towels, pillows, etc.

• I unexpectedly ended up going out shopping...  The MOA was opening on Thanksgiving so my brother & I figured "we need to pick up (item) for my Ma, if we go late we should be able to avoid most of the crowds and get what we need and out ASAP.." - Only to find once we got to the mall, the store we needed to go was closed so we ended up at a couple other places.  We did score some decent "door buster" deals even though we went long after the "door buster" time struck. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • After sales, rewards, and merch credit, we got a $40 activity table from toysrus for $5. Ordered online for in store pick up. Picked it up in the afternoon and was in and out.
    Also had scoped out Christmas dresses online at Macy's for 60% off and ran in and out for two.
    Also went to my new favorite clothes store and got 5 sweaters and 1 pair of pants, all 70% off.
    Yup I spent more on myself than anyone else :)
    The rest I'm doing tomorrow online. Target red card 5% off, Amazon, and free shipping.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"