August 2014 Moms
Options

My son HATES tummy time

my 15 week old son will not do tummy time. Every time I try to flip him on his tummy he face plants into the floor and screams til I pick him up. He can hold his head up when I hold him but cannot do it on tummy time. I'm worried because my friends baby is a day younger and can lay on her elbows with her head up. He also doesn't roll yet. Is this normal?

Re: My son HATES tummy time

• Options
    Someone on here (can't remember who, sorry!) gave really good advice to play "games"-like you have your LO on his back, then you kind of roll him back and forth until you eventually roll him over-then roll him back on his back pretty quickly-before he decides he hates being on his stomach. Keep doing it on both sides, and do this a little every day, building up to more time on his stomach. My LO started liking it more and more each time, especially when I made a huge deal of singing and making silly noises. Now she flips over and starts smiling because she knows what's coming. I also put her on my shins and hold my legs in the air so she has to hold her head up, kind of like a modified airplane-she loves it. Maybe even try a nap on the stomach when you can keep a close eye on him?
  • Options
    Daisylola11Daisylola11 member
    edited November 2014
    Have u tried propping LO on a boppy or pillow so he still gets to strengthen his back but won't have his face in the floor? That helped us and now he's better with tummy time.

And also my LO (15 weeks) is not close to rolling onto his belly, only once rolled tummy to back but it was kind of by accident. He's all about the sitting position the best :)

Eta: tummy time not yummy time haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never done tummy time with any of my girls.  Our doctor said it was unnecessary if they are being held or worn a lot.  They just need the chance to work the back and neck muscles they don't work while lying on their backs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"