Trying to Get Pregnant

kinda New- TTC#2

My LO just turned 1 on the 24th so we are working on number 2. This is the first time we are actually TTC since our first was an "oops".(I say that with every ounce of love i have inmy heart!!!) =D I've been keeping track of my cycles and tonight should be my o day according to my app, but Thursday my cervix was hard and I had the crystal clear mucus so I'm pretty sure Thursday was the actual O day. Been having light cramping today which could also mean O so we will still play it safe tonight (by not being safe haha) I was on The Bump with my first child and you guys kept me sane, so here we go round 2- wish me luck!!
Married: July 7th 2013
Me:24  DH:25
TTC #2
TTC- December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie- Harry Potter =]
TTCimage

Re: kinda New- TTC#2

• Hi there! Welcome and best of luck to you!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Welcome and good luck! Are you temping to track your O? Charting CP and CM are good but they're only secondary signs and not solid indicators of ovulation the way temperatures are.
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck! Are you temping to track your O? Charting CP and CM are good but they're only secondary signs and not solid indicators of ovulation the way temperatures are.

Not yet, I didn't even know temping was a thing until looking around the TTC forum tonight. But I will start =] I only have a pacifier thermometer hahaha won't that be funny?
    TTC #2
    TTCimage
  • P.S. your cervix should be soft and high during O.

The way you phrased it makes me think that you may have gotten a different impression somewhere.
    Anniversary
    Me: 27 | DH: 30
    TTC #1 since 10/14
  • edited December 2014
    Hmm maybe, it was really hard and tight, even my husband said it was tighter than usual and it had that really clear mucus discharge. When I googled about it- ovulation was a result. Maybe what i read was wrong. We've been having sex nightly anyways so our bases are covered.
    TTC #2
    TTCimage
  • Not yet, I didn't even know temping was a thing until looking around the TTC forum tonight. But I will start =] I only have a pacifier thermometer hahaha won't that be funny?
    If you haven't already, definitely read the Newbie Blog (it's at the top of the forum and says READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST). There's a lot of great information in there. Also, most of us use Fertility Friend to chart our temps around here.

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Maybe cervix was the wrong word- but I know my insides were almost swollen and it was very tight.
    TTC #2
    TTCimage

• Not yet, I didn't even know temping was a thing until looking around the TTC forum tonight. But I will start =] I only have a pacifier thermometer hahaha won't that be funny?

If you haven't already, definitely read the Newbie Blog (it's at the top of the forum and says READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST). There's a lot of great information in there. Also, most of us use Fertility Friend to chart our temps around here.

I've already read it, and I've already checked out FF. I like my app better (no offense) it's basically the same thing but I like the layout better.

TTC #2
    TTCimage
  • I've already read it, and I've already checked out FF. I like my app better (no offense) it's basically the same thing but I like the layout better.
    No problem! Just wanted to make sure you had a handy app for when you begin temping! :)

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank you!! =]
    TTC #2
    TTCimage
  • Welcome.
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • I will start temping first thing tomorrow morning =] I wish I had thought to get back on The Bump before now- then I wouldn't have to wait another month. We had sex pretty much everyday last week so theres still a sliver of hope I'll get lucky =] if not I know what to look for next time.
    TTC #2
    TTCimage
  • I'm using "my calender" and it's information was almost the same as FF. Both of them my fertility days begun on the 25th but FF says my ovulation day was on Friday and my calender says it was on Sunday. FF is only keeping my last period in mind amd my calender is keeping with my cycles foe thw past 4 months. I will follow your advise and keep track with both to be sure- I would just hate to dump my months of tracking on my app. I'll put my Temps too
    TTC #2
    TTCimage
  • edited December 2014
    Ovia lets you temp but I assure you that the fertility graph it gives you is pretty much useless. I use it because of the reporting feature, the sync with fit bit and symptom tracking, but it's my backup app, not my main one.

Try kindara if you don't like FF. I do plan on marking my temp shift and peak day manually for a few months until it gets to know me better.
    Anniversary
    Me: 27 | DH: 30
    TTC #1 since 10/14
  • slh33 said:
    I will start temping first thing tomorrow morning =] I wish I had thought to get back on The Bump before now- then I wouldn't have to wait another month. We had sex pretty much everyday last week so theres still a sliver of hope I'll get lucky =] if not I know what to look for next time.
    You never know! I only had sex once in a 10 day span when I got pregnant the first time!
    That is awesome! Finger's crossed I get lucky, all though I may have used up all my luck with my first. I was on BCPs to get my PCOS under control when I got pregnant. We call my husband the Silver Bullet HAHA He got through BCP and PCOS- He's got some potent stuff. 
    TTC #2
    TTCimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"