August 2015 Moms

Nausea

Help, I am pretty nauseous. Haven't thrown up at all, but I am pretty much always on the verge. I am very natural, but the only food I can keep down are things i never eat....(junk food) I don't prefer to take meds I use essential oils. Any oily people out there that can send some advice for a first time momma?

Re: Nausea

• Ginger and peppermint can help at times. But i agree with @Chickypoo2468‌ to eat whatever you can get down.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good to know on the ginger. I would occasionally drink a cup of some tea that had ginger in it and that seemed to help me. But i never drank a ton of it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much. I know I have heard the first several weeks are where nutrients for development are so important so I think that is why I have been worried. It has been hard to take my prenatal even. And I have so many friends and family that have had babies, but we aren't telling anyone until we have an ultrasound, so I feel very lost not having anyone to bounce ideas off of. I appreciate your ideas!
  • Don't worry too much @sbwolfepak‌. Baby will get all it needs from you and as long as you are getting some food in you should be fine. I went about 6 months with dd hardly eating since I had no appetite and lost 20 lbs but believe me she got everything she needed since she was 9.5 lbs. Hang in there. It gets easier.
  • I have no advice, except that I'm in the exact same boat. Near constant nausea, I usually eat so healthy but all I can even look at is junk food right now. Ugh.
  • I am super nauseous as well and very surprised about it. I was never this way with dd, yes I was nauseous and certain smells triggered it but certainly not this early on and I never actually puked like I am now. It seems so strange to be having symptoms so early. I only got a positive yesterday and haven't even missed my period yet and symptoms started last Friday only 6 day after ovulation. I was going to grab some preggie pops and keep on drinking water. I'm wondering if a little shaved ginger and lemon in your water might help?!?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everybody. What are preggy pops? I will try ginger and Lemon. I normally don't care for the taste of ginger, but I will try anything! I also normally drink water like crazy, and it kindof makes me sick like I feel water logged. I haven't had pop in years but I have been drinking sprite quite a bit. I was hoping to find an alternative without HFCS:/ my husband keeps giving me the weirdest looks that I will eat cheesy Mexican food and pop most any carbs. I just always assumed that I have a pretty high pain tolerance and I am not a complainer that this pregnancy thing would be a breeze lol. Praying pride doesn't come before my fall.
  • wagirl124wagirl124 member
    edited December 2014

I am super nauseous as well and very surprised about it. I was never this way with dd, yes I was nauseous and certain smells triggered it but certainly not this early on and I never actually puked like I am now. It seems so strange to be having symptoms so early. I only got a positive yesterday and haven't even missed my period yet and symptoms started last Friday only 6 day after ovulation. I was going to grab some preggie pops and keep on drinking water. I'm wondering if a little shaved ginger and lemon in your water might help?!?

This is me exactly - I never threw up during my pregnancy with DD until I was in labor.  This time, I threw up on Friday after trying to take my prenatal vitamin.  

JaimePACE124 - are you still bfing by any chance?

@TarHeelMomToBe‌ yes yes I am!!! You think that is it? I never thought that could be why.
  • I am breastfeeding as well, and luckily, fingers crossed no nausea yet. I was REALLY sick during my pregnancy with DD though. All I could eat for months was clear soup and grape freezies... Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, but don't overdo the ginger. I think like more than 1 gram a day can cause miscarriage. It's weird, know.
    I'm reading this as I'm sipping my lemon ginger tea...oops.
    Thanks for the info; I'll take it easy on the ginger from here on out. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Magnesium has helped me! If you are defficient in magnesium it can cause nausea and pre-term labour. Do some reading online, lots of info out there and I've found the extra supplement had helped big time!
  • mrspiattmrspiatt member
    edited December 2014
    This is preganancy #3 for me and my first time with nausea. My youngest is 11! Im definitely not nursing anymore. It started Friday, but was mostly when I looked at food or thought about eating, for the past 2 days it's been constant. I've forced myself to eat and been able to keep it down- but everything sounds gross. I hope this passes and doesn't last too long. Cooking for the family has been a trial, especially when I have to look at meat. I may be going vegetarian this time.
  • I just was talking to a mom of 5 that used essential oils during pregnancy, she gave me some great info. Gentle babies by Debra Rayburn is a great resource book for pregnacy and having children. Ninja red is a wolf berry vitamin drink young living sells and she would put the sample packets in the freezer as Popsicles! Genius! Can't wait to try that, getting nutrients and gentle on the tummy. If anyone else wants essential oil tips I can share more of what she used for nausea.
  • I just was talking to a mom of 5 that used essential oils during pregnancy, she gave me some great info. Gentle babies by Debra Rayburn is a great resource book for pregnacy and having children. Ninja red is a wolf berry vitamin drink young living sells and she would put the sample packets in the freezer as Popsicles! Genius! Can't wait to try that, getting nutrients and gentle on the tummy. If anyone else wants essential oil tips I can share more of what she used for nausea.

I want to what is safe during pregnancy for nausea and mood as well as after/during labor oils that are helpful!!
    I'm tapering off an anti depressant which i just figured out is probably why I am SO sick!!!
  • Peppermint tea and peppermint candy have been helping me...

along with McDonalds hamburgers. I usually eat healthy, and don't eat fast food, but that's what I want so that's what I'm going to eat. I'm still eating healthy food too, so I think it's ok to splurge on junk sometimes to keep my sanity.

McDs.. Grilled Onion Cheddar Burger.. YUM!!

orange is the new black red reznikov gif

*Jan Siggy Challenge--Mean Girls*

BabyFruit Ticker

Married: 4/26/14 - DH "J": 33 - ME: 27 - DS "G": 12/21/09

TTC #2 since October 2014 - BFP 12/2/2014!! - EDD 8/13/2015!

• @sbwolfepak‌ Knock on wood, my nausea hasn't been that bad. I did come across this: https://sabrinaalery.blogspot.com/2012/03/diy-nausea-pops.html?m=1
    I try to do things as natural as possible too and these are great because you know exactly what goes into them. Although from what some other people said, fruit may not be the best solution. I hope you start to feel better soon!
  • llw42614 said:

along with McDonalds hamburgers. I usually eat healthy, and don't eat fast food, but that's what I want so that's what I'm going to eat. I'm still eating healthy food too, so I think it's ok to splurge on junk sometimes to keep my sanity.

McDs.. Grilled Onion Cheddar Burger.. YUM!!

So glad I'm not the only one super into fast food right now! I'm trying to fight the urge but damn, fast food burgers never tasted so good!
  • Peppermint tea has been the only thing that has been helpful so far. 
    I was nauseous for my entire first pregnancy, from the day before I found out until the day I delivered. I'm not very hopeful that this one will be any different. 
    On the plus side the only foods I can seem to keep down are fruits and veggies. So at least I'm eating healthy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"