Trying to Get Pregnant

NTTGPR: Christmas Tree Lights Poll

Salsera29Salsera29 member
edited November 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
For those who put up christmas trees or just lights, what kind do you prefer? I am strictly a solid white lights gal, because I don't want them to detract from the ornaments. I wonder what is most popular?

imageimageimage

NTTGPR: Christmas Tree Lights Poll 187 votes

Solid white
45% 85 votes
Blinking white
2% 4 votes
Solid Multicolor
25% 47 votes
Blinking multicolor
3% 7 votes
Whatever I'm in the mood for each year
11% 21 votes
Those fancy lights that go from solid to blinking to fading, etc.
5% 10 votes
SS...explain!
6% 13 votes

Re: NTTGPR: Christmas Tree Lights Poll

• I absolutely love the multi-color big bulb ones. I would prefer to put those on my house than my tree, though.
    TTGP Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

My Chart
  • I prefer the solid white
  • Loading the player...
  • It is all about the color.
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • I only do white, I HATE color lights on the tree. I feel like it looks too busy. We have the lights that slowly fade in & out. I don't like blinking because again, too busy.
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• smash928smash928 member
    edited November 2014

We have a little music box you connect the lights to and it plays Christmas songs and the lights blink in unison. We've had that thing for YEARS, and now that I host I have to use it, like my family would disown me if I don't. It's tradition! When it's just DH and I, it's solid clear lights.

edit for wordz

TTGP December Siggy Challenge

Married 9.28.13

DH 34, Me 26

TTC #1 since 9/2014

Benched 11/2014 for personal reasons :(

• SS: Ours has solid white, clear white, and blue this year!
    Me: 25 DH: 25, married 5/2013 
    TTC baby #1 since 9/2014 
    BFP #1 9/16/14, MMC 11/5/14 
    Dx Factor V Leiden 12/2014 
    BFP #2 1/16/15 Hoping this is our rainbow baby!
  • I prefer the small white ones so the ornaments are the focus, but DH is adamant about big multi color bulbs. And since he usually decorates the tree while I "help" (aka drink brandy and egg nog and sing Christmas carols while half-assedly putting an ornament on here and there), he has won this debate every year for 10 years.
    January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• I do both solid white and blinking white. I don't like all blinking bc then there are dark spots I put a bunch of solid throughout the entire tree as the main lights and then put on a couple strands of blinking.

I hate the strands that have a ton of colors. I don't mind the ones that only have two or maybe three colors for outside. Like red, green, and blue or blue and white.

I also only like the small bulbs. The big ones look gaudy.
  • Growing up it was colored lights all the way. Now, we have solid white. We are putting white outside.

Once kids are involved we will switch back to exterior and interior colored lights. I found plain white so boring when I was a kid.

Blinking lights would give me a damn seizure.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • We usually do solid white so that it doesn't detract from my ornament color scheme, but I have had multicolored in the past.
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • All the color. I use the big old fashioned color lights on our small tree and regular colored lights on our big tree. I also have to either search for the old-school mini lights, or I have to get the soft LED ones. The straight up LED colored lights are waaaaay too blue-ish for my tastes. I like the warmth. Outside colored lights too. It just looks so festive.

I also in no way 'theme' my trees. We have a few cheap filler ornaments (I get rid of some every year as we collect more), but I like to use ones that H and I collect over the years, plus some from my mom and my grandmother.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Joy2611 said:
    I have twinkling white lights and blue lights. The effect gives more of a "white Christmas" with my white wnd blue ornaments. This year I might switch it up to red lights and candy canes.
    The color combo of white and blue came up this weekend. Someone said how Christmas-y it felt and I started laughing. Blue and white (or silver) is all Hanukah to me.
    Yeah, I think Hanukkah when I see blue and white/silver lights too!
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have white lights as we bought a pre-lit tree a few years ago, but I love multi color or doing white with one other color. My mom used to do white with purple and it was always so pretty.

• We bought a pre-lit tree from Costco that let's us choose all of the above! White, color, different blinking rates or solid on. I love it!

I chose SS because I have a pre-lit white light tree, and I put big and small, multi colour and white all over my pre-lit tree. I think my tree is awesome and more lights the better. I love the shaped lights too, like snow men, tardises and little yoda heads. 

Tasteful is not a word to describe my tree. 

---QBF---

Any chance you're related to the Griswold's?? ;) "Ooh say can you seeee"
  • Salsera29Salsera29 member
    edited December 2014
    My mom has the multi-function blinking colored lights. I like them for the time I'm at her house but I could never look at them all day every day.

imageimageimage
  • I do red and white.
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We have solid multi colored and solid red. We change it up year to year depending on what we feel. This year multi won :)
    ~Married 12.09.12~
    ~NTNP #1 since 11.14 - Current Cycle: 2~
    imageimage

• White solid on the tree, blinky whites in indoor decorations (dh hates I love!), multicolor solid on bushes/porch, etc outside.  I'm a free for all!
  • I like white solid or white blinky lights on trees. I'm not a huge fan of multi colored lights really but I love icicle lights the most outside!

Love: April 2012
    Married: November 23, 2013
    TTC #1 September 2014
    **BFP January 12th 2015  EDD September 22nd 2015**
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Solid white but it has to be WARM white which is kind of yellow.

I HATE blinking lights.
  • We live in an apt, so no outside lights for us :(

On our tree we have red and white lights. No blinking.
    TTC #1 since April 2014
    Me (29) DH (29)
    Married 5+ years
    football animated GIF

• Solid, multi-colored lights on a white tree = gorgeous, in my opinion. But I prefer multicolored lights all around.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge!
    Favorite Christmas Movie: ELF
    Our Journey
    Married, April 5th, 2014
    Adopted a furbaby, October 2014
    TTC #1 since November 2014
  • Solid multicolor lights on the tree, with lots of silver ornaments. Solid multicolor lights on the roof, and solid white wrapped around the pillars on the porch.

What can I say; I love all the pretty colors!
    No longer posting on The Bump due to the appalling misconduct of the staff and of its parent company, the XO Group. Four thousand  active, engaged members do not represent "a few bad apples" and we are not trolls.
  • londonlea04londonlea04 member
    edited December 2014
    The tree is mainly white lights, but I do add 1 strand of the special multi color that blink/flash. Outside we have clear red and clear.

I have so many ornaments on my tree that you cant really even see the multi color strand.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"