June 2015 Moms

Sunday randoms

since a lot of us have been doing family shit the past few days, let's here all the randomness that's come out of it.
J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014
BFP#1 09/25/2014 EDD 6/4/2015

BabyFetus Ticker
imageimage

Re: Sunday randoms

• Random Stuff:

1.  I just got back from a week with the inlaws.  It was exhausting, and I only had mobile bumping, which was a nightmare. 

2.  My SIL has a new baby, and she breastfeeds it.  Completely topless.  At the dinner table.  With all the family around.  I am a big supporter of breastfeeding and I absolutely do NOT think she should have had to go to the other room.  However, should my DH have to see his sister completely topless? 

This is a serious question.  DH and my FIL were both taken aback by seeing SIL's breasts.  I am on the fence.  I don't think she should have to hide, and I don't think anyone should be traumatized by the sight of a nipple. But I'd never seen someone just pull their shirt over the head, pop out their boob, and go to town, either.  What do you guys think?
    J15 Dec Siggy Challenge: Awkward Christmas Photos

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Fur Baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Talk about the awkward dinner party! I am not a prude about breast feeding and did it with DS, but this is a bit much.
    TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @opheliacantswim, yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you, but I also think going topless at my family dinner table would make ME uncomfortable, while it clearly didn't bother your SIL! You don't want to shame her for breastfeeding, but at the same time, there's no reason she has to take her shirt completely off. Even without using a cover, which does seem like a ridiculous inconvenience to me as a feminist, you can keep your own shirt on and the baby's head will cover most of the exposed area. I agree that no one should be scandalized by the glimpse of a nipple as the baby unlatches or switches sides, but yeah, I saw a friend expose both breasts in a restaurant to breastfeed once and it just seemed like an unnecessary move for everyone involved. 
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Interesting feedback, ladies.  @Ajm11, I grew up in a pretty nudity-friendly house, too, but as you say, I probably would have thrown a blanket over myself if my dad (or brother or FIL, whatever) had been around.

J15 Dec Siggy Challenge: Awkward Christmas Photos

Pregnancy Ticker

My Fur Baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• I always used something to cover up. You only need one boob out at a time. And that one is covered with a baby head.

• FTM here so no idea how to appropriately respond to the topless breast feeding situation. I'm a giant prude and can't personally imagine being topless in front of my family but I've never had a baby to care for so I imagine my feelings will change very much about that soon! I guess my current stance would be that there's no judgement on my end of things- if you need to whip both boobs out to feed the baby, go ahead I guess.

As for my random- my DH just left for a business trip in Italy for a week. My eyes haven't stopped leaking since he left. For whatever reason, I decided a Hunger Games Marathon was a good idea so it then turned into a full on ugly cry. Several times. I'm crying as I type this. Ugh. I miss him already. Ugh!

Sorry, I'm a mess. I figured the random thread was the best place to put this.
  • I'm a cover upper more around my dad and brother who are just more uncomfortable in that situation (my brother is 7.5 years younger than me and single, babies are not on his mind lol) but at home I definitely had days when he was constantly eating where I would just walk around the house topless. It was easier!

It's -38C/-35F with the windchill again today. We want to get some Christmas shopping done sooo hoping the mall we go to we get there early enough there is still underground parking available! :)

• @opheliacantswim - that would personally make me a little uncomfortable, but I think that in those early days, new moms get a pass with all things breastfeeding.  It's so stressful and frustrating.  I lucked out and had an easy time, but even I would have wanted to be alone while trying to latch the baby on instead of having a bunch of eyes pressuring me to do it right, so in a way it's kind of great she's comfortable enough to not worry about that.

I had a similar conversation with my SIL this weekend.  Her daughter is 4 months old and my brother is very much against NIP.  I knew this from when my guy was little.  It makes it hard on my SIL, because she is finally comfortable enough to nurse in public, and it makes things much more convenient, but it makes my brother really uncomfortable.  So the two of us tried to speak with him about it this weekend.  Just what every brother wants right?  His wife and sister talking to him about breasts.

My random - DH got food poisoning last night.  I am so unsympathetic.  He is the only person I know who gets "food poisoning" multiple times a year.  No one else we eat with ever gets it, just him.  Even people who order the same thing.  I think he's a drama king about an upset stomach.  He overeats, overdrinks, and doesn't choose things appropriate for his sensitive stomach.  Then he forces himself to throw up because "it will make [him] feel better."

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @blu-eyedwife‌ I have french female friends who get food poisoning a lot and are always talking about how sensitive their stomachs are. It annoys the shit out of me. One of my male co-workers does it too, I have so little tolerance for that stuff. There's a lot of things I know I can't eat, when it's around I just pass and if I overeat, it's my own punishment.

@jjbdvm‌ that sucks that you're missing your husband so much. Enjoy a nice ugly cry.

My random, we did a surprise birthday visit for my MIL with DH's brothers and their girlfriends this weekend and my BIL announced that they're pregnant too. Like within a week of us. I'm almost annoyed they didn't announce two weeks ago when we did because I hated the creepy extra attention. Now I'm relieved that everyone's going to be bothering her about things and I can hide in my corner. My time as the favorite daughter-in-law was really short, but it's better this way.
    J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1 09/25/2014 EDD 6/4/2015

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • I am all for breastfeeding openly but agree completely topless is a bit much at the dinner table. I can totally see where it might feel a little awkward.

As for my random. I am totally digging this second trimester thing. I am actually getting my house back in order and I don't feel the need to go to bed at 8pm. Hoping it really is the second trimester thing and not just because I have had 5 days off of work!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so glad that we booked a 9 day vacation this time around instead of 7 like usual. Instead of heading to the airport right now, I'm still soaking up the warmth before we return to -40 on Tuesday.

I'm currently killing time while DD naps and we wait for room service. Normal life is going to suck. Haha.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My random- my husband got a stomach bug on thanksgiving. Complete with stomach cramps, useless whining, and endless pouting. I've had morning sickness for weeks but the world has to stop because he's sick?! Then, after I shower, clean up and get in the bed, he PUKES all over everything including me and my sleeping 3 year old son. It took me 2 hours to clean everything up and bathe us all again. I didn't get to bed until 4 am because the mattress had to be dried with the blow dryer.... Hell
  • Random Stuff:

1.  I just got back from a week with the inlaws.  It was exhausting, and I only had mobile bumping, which was a nightmare. 

2.  My SIL has a new baby, and she breastfeeds it.  Completely topless.  At the dinner table.  With all the family around.  I am a big supporter of breastfeeding and I absolutely do NOT think she should have had to go to the other room.  However, should my DH have to see his sister completely topless? 

This is a serious question.  DH and my FIL were both taken aback by seeing SIL's breasts.  I am on the fence.  I don't think she should have to hide, and I don't think anyone should be traumatized by the sight of a nipple. But I'd never seen someone just pull their shirt over the head, pop out their boob, and go to town, either.  What do you guys think?
    Public breastfeeding without a cover, I'm 100% good with (DS unbuttoned my whole shirt and threw the cover over the booth and onto a passing waiter in one smooth move - nursing with a cover always ended up WAY more revealing than just lifting my shirt.)  Taking one's top and bra off in public seems weird.  I'll do that at home at bedtime, though.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • edited November 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DH went hunting out of town and took DD with him. I'm missing her like crazy, but I have a crazy busy week with grad school work so not having any distractions is a bonus. However, instead of being productive I am binge watching my Dawson's Creek DVDs. I just watched the episode where Dawson tells Joey to go to Pacey and then he ugly cries. I was laughing so hard. Does anyone have a GIF of that? It has to be one of the greatest melodramatic moments of teen soap history. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are doing dinner with my FIL and his wife...I don't want to go and I don't really feel well. My lack of giving two shits to see them has made me a Tay in bed all day and I'm thinking about only going in yoga pants and a hoodie...does that make me a bad DIL because I can't really stand my FIL or his wife??

Married 11/12/2011
    EDD 06/07/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @adorebel‌ you just made my day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH took me to see Big Hero 6 today for my birthday and the short before the movie had me in tears.  Stupid Disney, making me cry.  I cried at Brave on TV last night, too.

@jjbdvm, the post office has a deal to deliver through Amazon on Sundays now.  Did you get it through Amazon?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @erbear84‌ I did! DH actually bought it for me and told me it was supposed to arrive tomorrow. I thought I had LOST my mind and slept through a whole Sunday at first. I went and checked two different places to make sure it was really Sunday... Lol! What a happy surprise :)
  • I went to Destination Maternity on Friday to grab some maternity digs. I get that we won't need to be wearing this stuff for more than a couple months but does it really have to be disposable clothing? None of the suit pants were even lined. So disappointed.
  • I want onion rings. Now.
  • @opheliacantswim  LOL Wow! I wish i had been a fly on the wall. Sorry must've been so awkward but it's such a funny image in my head. I think one boob show is deemed acceptable. Topless is a bit much. Oh gosh. Still giggling.

My random - I have a deadline. Boss is coming by on Thursday and I need to present my plan to him. I have done close to nothing. Yet I'm still bumping and reading random pregnancy articles.

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: June 10th 2015 ~ Aussie Bumpie~FTM

** June 2015 ~ January Siggy - Pinterest Fails**

• JoJo1111JoJo1111 member
    edited December 2014
    I have a super strong let down and both sides like to get in on the action. The entire table would have been soaked if I was topless.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"