February 2015 Moms
Options

Thanksgiving Drama

Everyone has some. This feels like a good place to drop it. Share your drama here.
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Thanksgiving Drama

• Options
    SIL and BIL came over to spend the night at the house for lots of family time. This was the first time in over 5 that MIL has had all 4 of her kids in the house at once. BIL and SIL let their kids run crazy so everyone else was watching them and barely spoke to anyone. Neither of them spoke to MIL or FIL at all or offered any help with cooking or cleaning. Their 4 y/o smashed their 2 y/o's fingers in a door so they all just went to bed but left their kids with MIL and FIL. Two hours later BIL came and got the kids stating that he felt more comfortable if they were with him. The next morning they didn't get up until 10 and were gone before 10:30. I still don't know what was going on but it was so awkward that no one knew what to do or how to act so we all went to bed.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wanted to punch my aunt. We were taking a girls pic and she goes "good thing I have a wide angle camera since Amanda is in the pic" ...said it twice. Maybe I'm overly sensitive but seriously I would never make a comment like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drama between my SILs kinda. My oldest SIL invited her friend, my nieces godfather, to come hang out before he went to thanksgiving with his mom. He happens to be an ex boyfriend of my other SIL, who came with her husband and kids. Her husband was very annoyed and said he just wanted to leave, which made it even more uncomfortable because by that point the first SIL had already talked to the ex and he was going to leave. The ex told the husband, and the husband said don't word about they were leaving. And then they packed the kids back up and left.

I completely understand him being uncomfortable, but I felt really bad that my SIL and kids weren't there.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We managed to set the drama aside for the holiday, but it's always there with my mom. She thinks we favor the other grandparents by giving them more time with E. It's bound to surface again before Christmas. December always seems to bring a blowout fight between me and my mom. Sigh.

• Options
    We cooked our first thanksgiving in our house this year and everything was going well but, the turkey took almost 2 hours longer than expected. Luckily we put the bird in really early and dinner was only 45 minutes behind schedule. I had been on my feet cooking all day and my grandpa, who has been getting on everyone's nerves this last year, kept saying every 15 minutes "why isn't dinner ready???" By the fifth time he said this he walked into the kitchen to investigate why dinner was not ready. I had to leave the kitchen before I snapped at him. Not really drama, but a tired pregnant woman almost losing her short temper.

After that, I will never complain about a meal running behind.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thankfully skirted by most drama because we were at IL's this year. I finally told 18yr old niece that I preferred to be called Aunt/Auntie MrsT instead of my first name. Her mom (sil) treats me like her daughter's peer because I'm 10yrs younger than SIL. I come from a family where you never address your elder relatives by first name only, so it's always rubbed me the wrong way. We'll see if I have to remind niece later on...
    Anniversary 

• Options
    amack22 said:

I wanted to punch my aunt. We were taking a girls pic and she goes "good thing I have a wide angle camera since Amanda is in the pic" ...said it twice. Maybe I'm overly sensitive but seriously I would never make a comment like that.

That's so freaking rude. @amack22 I would've smacked her.
  • Options
    It sounds like there were a lot of rude comments. I got one "look at all that baby" comment but I let it slide because of who it was.
  • Options
    I was able to dodge most of mine but I still feel SO bad for my mum and dad for not being able to!

My grandma, the super racist one I've mentioned in a few spam threads, found out my parents were going to spend most of the day with my Nana (maternal grandmother) since they were making a bunch of the food for the wedding and then they were gonna go home and enjoy some quiet time just the 2 of them. Apparently this was unacceptable to Grandma and she made it known via Facebook and sent half of her bible study group after my parents about it. God forbid my parents be able to take a break from getting everything ready for a wedding my Grandma has clearly announced she wants no part of because my brother's FI isn't white. Ugh!

Nana is always really nice to Grandma and pulls her aside to quietly discuss their difference of opinion so the kids aren't involved but Grandma has always been a snarky bitch to Nana, even in front of us as kids. She doesn't want any part of my brother's wedding, or his life for that matter, until she finds out Nana is involved.

So she stressed my dad out to the point that he didn't have the energy to keep arguing about coming over Thursday night for dinner. She started barking about it last week and even called DH and yelled at him telling him "how dare we spend HER holiday with HIS family" and tried to make him feel like shit about it. Luckily he's not easy to guilt and we're barely on speaking terms with her anyway at this point so the attempt at the guilt trip died as fast as it surfaced.

I spent yesterday with my mum and I could tell she was still worked up so I got it out of her to try to get her to exhale about it. Grandma talked about my uncle and his wife, whom she coddles and expects us all to kiss his ass, even though he's almost 60 and always tries to make it sound like my dad needs to be more like him.

A little back story: My dad has worked his ass off for everything he has, is madly in love with my mum and his children/grandchildren worship the ground he walks on. My uncle has done nothing with his life other than mooch off of my Grandma and he married his wife when she was in a half-way house so he could get access to her medical records and whatnot (his exact words and they still laugh about it). She was put in there because she was selling heroin and when a cop busted her, she bit him on the leg so hard he needed stitches. Classy, eh? His 2 SS' despise both of them and are just as bad as her and my uncle and none of them can hold a job for more than a month or two or stay out of jail for more than 6 months. But my dad is supposed to be like him. Makes sense. 8-|

She also was whining at my parents because, especially since they don't take care of themselves AND they're going to see my uncle and his wife for most of December, we're demanding they get flu shots and their Tdap's along with any other shots they're behind on before they can be around the baby. Grandma has a thousand excuses every time and it got to the point that DH told her we have to see paperwork from their PCP (our whole family goes to the same one so we'll know if it's legit) proving they're in good health or they don't get to meet him. She's now telling people at her church, which my parents go to as well, that we're monsters for keeping DS from her and we're dooming her for pneumonia by demanding she get a flu shot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but since when does a flu shot have ANYTHING to do with pneumonia?? Can you even develop pneumonia from the flu?? We made the rest of the family on both sides get their immunizations current and I went with the ones out here so Grandma and Grandpa can't say we're picking on them. I had my BIL go with the MI family cos there's a few of them that tried lying about stuff like that when our nephew was born in March. I'm sorry, but if protecting my kids from your germs and disgusting comments makes me a monster, then I'm happy to be a monster!

My parents are much nicer than I am so they wound up over there being badgered and insulted for a few hours before my dad couldn't take it anymore and snapped. She's lucky we had other plans because I'm to the point I'm ready to wash my hands of them both, and that wasn't an easy point for me to get to but I have. DH has hope they'll open their eyes and clean up their act so I just keep my distance when I can and play nice-nice when we end up at a family gathering together. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here on out.
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not really any drama, just don't appreciate all of DH grandpas comments about my size EVERY time I see him. At thanksgiving he actually came out and asked how much I weigh now! I responded that I wasn't going to tell him. He acted shocked and tried to "explain" that he only wanted to know if I'm going to get bigger. Uhh, yes, I have at least two more months to go.
  • Options
    I was standing in the kitchen helping my mother when all of a sudden I had this horrific hip pain. DH had to help me to the couch. I couldn't get my leg to move. By the time my sisters arrived I was in so much pain I was crying. They were upset that I was not helping they wouldn't talk to me or DH. I made it to the dinner table and sat in the first chair I came to. Normally my sisters spot. She came in and said that's my chair you have to move. WTF! I was sitting there crying like a chiled and all she cared about was me being in her spot!!! DH had to move the whole chair down to the other end of the table so my sister wouldn't be upset! I'm so upset with my sisters and the way they acted! They both want to be in the birthing room when LO comes but now that's not going to happen!!

Turns out I have a severely jammed hip.. I'm not allowed to do anything until I go back to the chiropractor next week. So there you brats! I wasn't faking!!

End Rant!!
  • Options
    TL; DR
    This isn't about turkey day but about Black Friday. My sister and I were at Kohls and both of us had our arms full headed to the end of the line. The aisles were split in half with the line being on one side and a walkway on the other with bins of door buster items separating them. This lady pushing a lady in a wheelchair was trying to go one way and my sister and I the opposite. Finally this lady pushing the wheelchair says aloud "I need to get her out of here" and just makes a dash for it. There wasn't enough room in the walkway for her to pass us so instead starting with me and everyone behind me, we had to walk backwards and find a place to get out of her way. As if that didn't piss me off enough, she whacked me in the shin with the foot rest on the wheelchair. I was a mixed emotional mess. Part of me wanted to drop my items and start bawling, and another part of me wanted to throw down my items and tackle the bitch.

Rewind to Wednesday night, I came out of Walmart to find a van parked less than a foot away from my vehicle. I was able to open the back door enough to chuck my groceries inside but there was no way I was going to get in. I sat in the passenger seat with the vehicle running to stay warm until the owner of the van came out. She got in, started it, then sat there on her phone. I waited a few minutes before getting out, going over to her driver side, and asking the bitch to pull her van forward so I could get in!!

Why does everyone feel the need to pick on the poor pregnant lady? :((

Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Some of our guests came for the meal with colds. They swore they weren't sick but since have been posting all over social media how they are sick.
  • Options
    SaraL1175 said:
    Some of our guests came for the meal with colds. They swore they weren't sick but since have been posting all over social media how they are sick.
    Ugh that's terrible! Has it started to make it's way around your house yet? I hope it skips over you guys!
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We didn't really have any real Thanksgiving drama, but I discovered how loud my family really is when we all get together. This is the first holiday that I have been completely sober in 9 years, so I guess I forgot how loud and obnoxious we are when we all get together and have some beverages. Since we were all staying in one house (18 of us! Thank God my brother has a huge house), it was hard to go to bed at my usual ungodly early hour with all my drunk relatives being crazy until the early hours of the morning. 

Oh well, after reading all your stories, I will take my loud, obnoxious relatives! 
    ;)
  • Options

SaraL1175 said:

Ugh that's terrible! Has it started to make it's way around your house yet? I hope it skips over you guys!

I hope so, too!!
  • Options
    Mine isn't really drama. Just that my parents weren't really up for anything and the rest of my family already had plans. So I stayed home on thanksgiving and ate cold pizza. Pity party of one. I know. Just feeling a little badly because I missed my family and all my favorite thanksgiving foods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"