June 2015 Moms
Options

Can someone help me out with these meds?

My cold from hell is turning into a sinus infection. I have some mucinex severe congestion and cold. It has acetaminophen which I know is safe but it also has dextromethrophan, guaifenesin and phenylephrine. I'm really hurting or I wouldn't even think of taking anything.

January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails:

imageimage
  imageimage

Re: Can someone help me out with these meds?

• Options
    Call your pharmacist and/or OB - they should be able to give you some good advice on this. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    My doctor is closed. I did find a med list do I'm going to get some off it and stuff to make chicken noodle soup.

January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails:

imageimage
      imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay - based on the handout my OB gave me with approved medications:

Mucinex is not approved for pregnancy.  Phenylephrine is to be avoided first trimester.  They bolded that.

They do recommend Tylenol Sinus for sinus issues though.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The only decongestant that is approved during pregnancy is old school sudafed (pseudofedrine) and you have to get it behind the counter at the drug store. Also it isn't safe during the first trimester. Source: I'm a pharmacy technician.
    Met: 11/2/2004
    Dating: 3/24/2005
    Married: 11/5/2011
    Eleanor Leeann: 5/14/2015
    Baby # 2 Due: 5/17/2016
  • Options
    Oh and most pharmacists will tell you to check with your doctor and won't give you advice because your pregnant. All doctors have different drugs that they deem safe during pregnancy.
    Met: 11/2/2004
    Dating: 3/24/2005
    Married: 11/5/2011
    Eleanor Leeann: 5/14/2015
    Baby # 2 Due: 5/17/2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"