June 2015 Moms

Everything makes me sick!

Hello everyone this is my first time posting so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place.
I am 12 weeks and one day pregnant and so far (up until a few days ago) everything has been great! No nausea no morning sickness nothing! Well besides some heartburn and a few headaches here and there.....
For the past couple days EVERYTHING I eat makes me want to vomit!!! I've had yet to vomit but let me tell you, the second I take a bite of anything I'm gagging!!! Even foods I used to love disgust me!! Everything besides water is gross to me. I've lost 7 lbs since I found out I was pregnant. I have no appetite at all. I've been trying to force myself to eat but it's awful!!! Does anyone have some advice for me or maybe some different foods to try that have worked for you? I'll try anything at this point! All responses are appreciated and I apologize again if I am posting in the wrong place. Thanks everyone!

Re: Everything makes me sick!

• Have you had your first appt yet?  

I have hyperemesis gravidarum (which is a WHOLE OTHER UNIVERSE of nausea/vomiting).  You have my greatest empathy.  If you have been losing weight, you need to speak to your doc.  HG is pretty rare, but doesn't always include vomiting, it can be just nausea (I was gifted with both).  

I recommend you call your doc.  There are several prescriptions that can help. Diclegis, and Zofran work for some people, and Phenergan works VERY well, but it is also a sedative so it can make you sleep for DAYS. Zofran causes constipation, so be sure to take a stool softener if you go that route.  So, yes call you doc, you shouldn't need to suffer.  I'm on a Zofran pump (which is an extreme measure), but it has kept me out of the hospital. 

Try eating small frequent meals, and ginger (like ginger ale, ginger tea, etc).  You can also pick up some sea bands (wrist bands for nausea) at WalMart.  Good luck.  My personal mantra these days is "this too shall pass".
    -Emma

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ate a whole lot of sour patch kids, toast with butter & jam, apples with almond butter or cheese, yogurt with fruit, and light soups with a chicken stock base while I had really bad m/s. (Fingers crossed it's passing!) That said, everyone's appetite and nausea will be different! If you literally can't keep anything down, you should speak to your doctor about zofran or diclegis or another m/s suppressant. Depending on how much you weighed before, your doc may not be worried about a little weight loss in 1st tri, which is actually pretty common. It's more worrisome if you started out at a low weight, can't eat for days at a time, and/or can't keep your prenatal down, which is a guarantor of nutrients when you're eating toast. 
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry you are dealing with this. It is a good thing that you can keep down water.  I would start with bland foods and carbs.  If you still can't eat, give your doctor a call.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"