January 2015 Moms

Holiday Parties!

HStrawberryHStrawberry member
edited November 2014 in January 2015 Moms
I know it's still early but we had our first party last night! It made me wonder what kinds of work parties you all have planned this month?? How many, what are you doing, etc?

Re: Holiday Parties!

• Last night was my husband's big work one. He works for a mining company with 5 sites in the area so it's one of THE events of the year in town. Very big and very fun. Everyone gets completely dolled up since there aren't lots of opportunities in town to. We also have a search and rescue one at a local fancy pizza/pasta place, one of my work ones at a golf course, and another work one at the curling rink (with Chinese food!). It's going to be a holiday party marathon until Christmas!
  • DH has one holiday party and the theme is "country". I have every intention of putting my fat ass in some overalls? ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • DH's work party is this Friday night at a restaurant. We are going but neither of us is excited. It's hard on a Friday night because I'm always tired as it is. Friday will have to be a 2-cup of coffee day for me so that I'm awake enough to enjoy it!
  • A big fat zero. My company's holiday party is in the middle of January, so that's not going to happen. My husband never tells me when his work's holiday party is, because well, he hates his job. Do daycare holiday parties count?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We can't make the party for my floor because I have to work a 12 hr that day. But we may go to the "masquerade ball" for the whole hospital. It's super formal and everyone wears evening dresses.

We are going to the Christmas party for my husbands ship. I have the most gorgeous purple cocktail dress to wear!! Now to only figure out which shoes aren't going to kill me.
  • nope.  SO's company did a dinner party where spouses/SOs were invited as well, and it was fun but the most fun was ditching as soon as the scheduled events were done and going to a nearby bar with his work buddies and their wives/fiancees/girlfriends.  this year the "office christmas party" is on a tuesday from 12-4, so it's employees only.  we've all decided to do an unofficial outing to have fun, and there's talk of all of us getting together a potluck thanksgiving next year too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • We have one December 20. Idk if I'll go. It's at a coworkers house. Sometimes kids are invited, sometimes they aren't. If I'm still working then, maybe we'll go. Otherwise probably not. Dh has his during the day I think, so no spouses.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My big work party is Friday, but DH is on shift so I will have the boys and won't be going.  His station party is Saturday and there will be another really big department wide formal (which we will not go to) and a family party (which we usually go to).  My office will probably have a smaller potluck and I will try to go to that, but that's about it.  Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday until Christmas is booked up with work parties, cookie parties, birthday parties and so some (ie: work parties since they are usually the least fun, especially now since I can't partake in the open bar) will probably get skipped.  It's crazy how busy this next few weeks is going to be!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH owns his own small company, so no party there (he may just do something with his employees but I don't feel the need to be there), and my unit may do something at a local restaurant/bar, but since I'm super pregnant, I will probably just take one for the team and work that night for someone that can actually go have some drinks and enjoy it. We may do a small potluck in our unit, but when only 4-6 of us work each night, it's kind of lame! Wish we had something formal to go to; I love getting really dressed up, pregnant or not.
  • DH's work party is next Thur, so we'll go to that. It's super informal, just dinner at someone's house with all of the coworkers and their families. Other than that, we'll probably get together with friends a few times, but nothing huge. Since I'm due 12/28, I have no idea what we'll actually end up attending!
  • I wanted to do a cookies and milk party where you could sign up to bring cookies or milk, but I'm too exhausted. We're hoping the same people might go see Christmas lights with us. Quite frankly with the back pain issues both dh and I have we might not even go to the inlaws on Christmas, I'll wait and see, but am guessing dh will have to drop gifts off on Christmas Eve. I only made it for an hour on Thanksgiving because its so hard on my back.
  • Both my husband and I have one but we will not be attending this year. I honestly just don't enjoy them that much to go 36 weeks pregnant!!
  • DH's company party is coming up and one of the individual radio station parties is in a couple weeks. We may go. The radio station party is at a house just a block away so we may drop by.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish we had a fancy Christmas party to attend...or just any party would be cool! I'm super jealous of all the parties you ladies have and I would totally attend them 36 weeks pregnant :) we used to get invited to a really nice one for being good customers of a company, but we didn't use they services enough this year to qualify unfortunately :(
  • Disneygeek77Disneygeek77 member
    edited November 2014
    I think DH's work party is in January so I don't know if we will be attending.  

I would love to host a Christmas party at our home one day, but our house is small.  Maybe one day if we buy a bigger home.
  • edited November 2014
    We have some kind of party every Saturday in December - DH's work party, volunteer appreciation party, cookie exchange party, not to mention our co-ed shower.  Gonna party like a rock star before baby gets here.   B-)
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Part of my job is organizing party events for external clients as well as attending parties on brhalf of the company. The parties started two weeks ago and it averaged two to three events a week. Most of our clients preferred lunch events so it was fine.
    Those scheduled these decembr though are mostly at night w an average of at least three per week till a week before xmas. I plan to beg off on some esp those that are out of town.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Nothing planned. I don't work and DH's company has three employees, so they don't bother with parties. I assume DD1's preschool will have a holiday party, but I haven't gotten details yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"