May 2015 Moms
Options

UGH Received my first unapproved belly touch

My grandmother decided she wanted to rub my stomach at my cousin's wedding. You can barely even tell I'm pregnant! You're rubbing all that chicken from the buffet I just ate! It made me super uncomfortable and I know it's just going to get worse. My husband does it all the time but I think that's kinda cute. No one else is allowed to touch it unless I tell them to. I'm probably going to have to pull out the bitch face.
First comes love = November 2012
Then comes marriage = July 19th, 2014

Then comes baby = May 19th 2015
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Praying for #2
~6 week loss in January 2016
~7 week loss in April 2016

Re: UGH Received my first unapproved belly touch

• Options
    My sisters have been touching my belly lately. Doesn't bother me much when they do. But I probably will want to karate chop the first stranger or coworker who attempts that. Don't touch me, you weirdo.

Me: 26   DH: 26
    Together since November 2006        Married September 5, 2011
    TTC #1 since August 2013           BFP on September 4, 2014
    Baby Girl due on May 11, 2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My MIL did it while hugging me (made it even more awkward) and I was only 8 weeks... I was so uncomfortable I just said there's nothing there yet aside from my fat belly. She just laughed like I was joking... This will only get worse. To top it off I'm a super hands off person. If you're not DH don't.touch.me.ever.

Pregnancy Ticker

IT'S A BOY!
    C.G.M.
    Due 5/25/2015
    Likely to arrive via induction or c-sec 1-2 weeks early

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is exactly what I'm not looking forward to at Thanksgiving. It will be our first family event since telling everyone the news. I am preparing myself for people touching me. I guarantee its all fat anyway and will still be for the next few weeks. I'm a plus size gal so its definitely fat not baby lol.
  • Options
    I think it will be hard to tell relatives no, but I had a coworker that I'm not close to rub my belly two weeks ago and I put the kabosh on that right away. My gf is due in April and she rubs the person back to get her point across
  • Options
    I'm really nervous about thanksgiving because I am positive that distant relatives are going to try to touch me. And DH's family is really touchy. I need my personal space
  • Options
    @kandybarandco‌ love it! I need that shirt. My dad rubbed my belly...annoying but cute. Then one of my zumba students rubbed my belly the other day.. I'm like damn it- here we go!
  • Options
    I swear the first inappropriate unwarranted belly touch I get, I'm going to rub their belly right back.  See how it makes them feel.  Hoping I don't have to use this tactic, but hey... a girl's got to be prepared.
    Pregnancy Ticker

photo a4674cbd-abdf-41b1-831d-b8797666b39a_zps1e5c162b.jpg photo b290a151-5951-4a79-9d88-63e782ed36fd_zps7ac98e29.jpg photo dd66a638-01b5-4929-899a-e1c621aed5c3_zps3a991a42.jpg  photo a8fae771-cd48-43b5-b360-5fa36c8aa959_zpse3085a6e.jpg
    Me: 32 / DH: 32 / Married: 5-31-08 / BFP: 12-28-13 / MC: 2-1-14 / BFP: 9-17-14 / EDD: 5-19-15
  • Options
    I found a shirt on the internet during my first pregnancy that I strongly considered getting. It said, "You can rub my belly if I can punch your face."
    Found it!  https://www.cafepress.com/mf/25792086/maternity-tshirt-touch-my-bellypunch-your-face_maternity

I'm definitely buying this shirt.  I like the idea of rubbing people's bellies back, but I'm such a no-touchy person that I have zero desire to touch another person's belly, even to get the point across.  I'm going to have to go pure bitch on this one.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I need to find that shirt!
  • Options
    My close relatives have been touching my belly and it hasn't really bothered me. Last night, I had my first experience with strangers and distant acquaintances touch my belly. It happened so fast I was taken aback. I felt gross and dirty afterwards. This is so no right. I'm hoping I can react to respond better next time.
  • Options
    My MIL always does this! I don't even have a belly yet, just bloating after I eat. On thanksgiving she literally pulled my sweater up to look at my belly. Thanks, I wanted to flash everyone my chubby stomach thanks! It's only cute now when my husband does it. I guess when I actually have a baby bump I wont mind my family touching it but strangers?! That's soo weird!
  • Options
    I just have to share this with yall! I work with a bunch of ladies way older than me (me being 19 almost 20 and the next youngest 40 to the oldest 73) so of course they're all just tickled that I'm expecting. Well one of the ladies who's about 65 came up behind me the other day wrapped her arms around me FROM BEHIND rubbed my lower stomach (there's not even a hint of a bump!) and said how's little man doin today? Is he being fussy?"I almost elbowed her in her frikin nose! I'm only 4 months along now I don't know if I can make it through this pregnancy without killing someone Lol
  • Options
    I just start slapping away hands or touch right back. Repeat offenders may get a boob grab or I start grabbing a bum. I like sending a clear message on how much I dislike being touched.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My MIL has touched my lack of belly two times. I don't like being touched and it seems more heightened while being pregnant. I want to say "Thanks for touching my fat!". Got to get that shirt.
  • Options
    My realtor tried to rub my 16w3d bump last night at a party. I turned away as he was reaching out and said there's nothing to feel yet, only my chunky belly. Ugh. So uncomfortable. Luckily my banker (a woman) was standing right there and scolded him for trying to touch me. It's going to be a long 5 months.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I keep getting this too! And I'm plus sized so I know it's just fat. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm wrong and I'm showing. It's driving me crazy.

I'm only fifteen weeks into my first pregnancy. And I know what fat looks and feels like. It's all squishy, jiggly and shaped differently than a baby bump. Yes I've never been pregnant before but I've been fat before and I'm not comfortable with people cooing over and touching my rolls of fat.

Sorry for the rant. Good luck to everyone else getting people to keep their hands to themselves.
  • Options
    My 13w6d bloat bump got it's first rubs last night at SO's family thanksgiving. His brother and sister both opted to rub it. I was caught so off guard I could even formulate a response. So I just stood there feeling stupid. His sister is a doctor and a mother, for the love of God this lady should know I do NOT have a baby bump yet and even if I did she should know better than to just reach out and touch it! Lol
  • Options
    LCRDWEDLCRDWED member
    edited December 2014
    These posts are funny. I gave a friend of mine a sweatshirt that said "Hands off the bump". Now she's passing it to me. It will probably continue to get passed around to our other friends. I wish I had it on at Thanksgiving. My husband's 92 year old great aunt tried to pull my shirt up to see my belly!
  • Options
    Luckily I haven't had any issues with belly rubs... honestly I wish I got more (from my husband at least)! I get belly rubs from people at church, which I don't mind... but I couldn't imagine how I would feel about a complete stranger reaching out to me.. (transfer of energy)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"