October 2014 Moms

MOTN feeding length

cmac6186cmac6186 member
edited November 2014 in October 2014 Moms
How long is an average MOTN feeding (including a diaper change and coaxing LO back to sleep)?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11

MOTN feeding length 100 votes

0-15min
11% 11 votes
15-30min
29% 29 votes
30-45min
23% 23 votes
45min-60min
20% 20 votes
60-90min
7% 7 votes
90+min
1% 1 vote
My baby is a unicorn and STTN
6% 6 votes
I'm too tired to keep track, show me the results
3% 3 votes

Re: MOTN feeding length

• We've been averaging an hour to 90min. DD feeds one boob, gets a change, feeds other boob, then another 5minutes before I attempt to put her down. If I put her down too soon then we add time for comfort nursing and try again.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11
  • I have to supplement with formula...but always breastfeed first. In a good session, she transfers a little over an oz if I nurse for about 15 minutes on each side...then I still offer a bottle. I have debated dropping the MOTN nursing in the interest of sleep but worry it will cause my supply to get even worse...so here we are.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Usually 40 minutes to an hour and that's just feeding time. I typically only change him at his second feeding but that takes about 2 minutes. He is a super slow eater! Ds1 was too. If I try to cut him off he will keep waking up.
  • Doesn't take long usually. Half hr. or so. Sometimes she fights sleep and will take 1-2hrs to go back to sleep. Mostly we change diaper, she bf's one side only no longer than 15 min - she gets the job done. She falls asleep when eating. Burp. And then because she has reflux we have to hold her upright for 15 min. after. Not too bad.

• If she is awake, check/change diaper, feed for about 20 minutes and she is out.

If I am dream feeding, I skip the diaper check and feed for about 30 minutes as it takes her a bit to get to eating.

So, about 30 minutes in total either way.

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• DS started sleeping through the night this week which has been amazing. If he does still have a night where he gets up to feed though, he usually takes a bottle for about 5 minutes and goes right back to sleep.
    O14 January Signature Challenge- Snow Fails

• I gave up on trying to put the kid back in the RNP and now just keep him in the bed, so I do side lying feedings and we both usually fall back asleep during that. I don't bother looking at the clock unless I'm awake enough to be that curious.
  • I said 30-45, but I think that's mostly because I get caught up in what I'm doing.  I'm usually on the phone or reading while he nurses so that I don't fall asleep.  I very often get caught up in it.  We could probably get the MOTN feed down to 10-15 min, but then I go to pump afterwards so that DH can handle the next feed.  I guess I have a unicorn baby because he only gets up twice 9pm-8am, although both my older boys did that too (or better) by this age.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"