August 2014 Moms

MOTN feeding question

When should this be no longer? As in, they should not be getting fed at all-I'm not asking when to expect it to stop.

Still have awhile, I know. LO was going through the night, no problem, but is now waking for a feed. Pretty sure this is a growth spurt but was just curious when you should no longer offer to feed.

Re: MOTN feeding question

• I honestly just assume she's hungry when she wakes up MOTN. She chows down every time. I always wonder how people know that their LOs just want a paci replaced. But then again, J spits hers out when she falls asleep, so I know she can sleep without it, and she unswaddles her arms herself when she's s already asleep, and it doesn't seem to wake her up... So for her hunger is really the only possibility I guess.
  • I assume she is hungry as well @chase16. Maybe I need to rephrase (although I'm finding it difficult to phrase my question). When should we no longer give her a bottle motn? Example: you don't give your (general you) 2 year old a snack when she wakes up motn.

A while back someone was talking about how their coworker would still feed their toddler motn all the time and obviously that's bizarre. So where does one draw the line at no more motn feedings if baby doesn't do it on their own?
  • Loading the player...
  • Me pedi told me when the baby reaches 5 months old (bf or ff) they don't need a MOTN feeding. By that point they should have an ideal weight and should be getting their fill through out the day. Unless of course it's a particular case.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • I heard at 12 lbs, they don't need a motn feeding from a metabolic standpoint. I still feed him every time he wakes, as long as it has been over two hours.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LO successfully slept through the night for about a month. This growth spurt is really throwing us.

I was asking it as a 'further down the road' question. And as a 'when SHOULD you stop' question. Thanks for the inputs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"