January 2014 Moms

Boudoir photos for plus size girls

I am on a roll today. Forgive me. 

I have been in the dumps about everything lately, including my body; I just don't feel like a person anymore. I haven't recovered well after having J, I have bout 30 pounds that I need to lose till my ideal weight. 

A photographer friend offered to take boudoir pictures for me in hopes that they will cheer me up, at least body-wise. 

Have you done those? How did they turn out? The pictures are free so I don't lose anything. 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimage

Re: Boudoir photos for plus size girls

• My sister took some for me, it was fun to do. This was prebaby but I've actually thought about doing it again with my new curves (all the boobs). I would say if you can relax that it would actually be fun, don't forget the wine and some tunes!
  • I did them before our wedding for a gift for H. I was smaller then, but have always been on the curvy side, particularly in the tummy area. Focus on emphasizing the parts of your body that you really love and feel confident about - I bought strategic lingerie that covered my parts I felt more self-conscious about (tummy in particular) and show off parts I felt good about. Especially with the pictures being free, splurge on a couple of pieces of really beautiful lingerie so you feel great (actually, you don't even really have to splurge - you can find great cheaper pieces if you're on a budget)

I got my hair and makeup done which I'd definitely recommend doing. Wear subtle fake eyelashes too they make a big difference! Not huge spider lashes, just a little extra oomph. I asked the makeup artist to make me look fresh faced like I just woke up looking flawless, and then I did my hair loose with big curls. I thought I'd feel super uncomfortable but my photographer was awesome and I had so much fun! I actually feel like the pictures are more for me than for H, to be honest
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not plus size, but I don't look like @mrskratt‌ ! I am a huge proponent of doing them, and am so glad I did!
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"