January 2015 Moms
Options

Feeling like I'm getting super close

I know, it's just a feeling.  But I still feel like I'm getting really close to having my baby girl.  I'm 36wks as of Tuesday, baby is measuring almost a month ahead (and I know, it has nothing to do with when I will actually deliver), my swelling has increased a ton the past week, and she has been really quiet the past 2ish weeks.  An increase in swelling and the baby getting quiet have all happened within a few weeks of delivery with my past 3 babies.  Also, the past week my contractions have majorly increased in frequency.

I realize that I could go late and that maybe I'm just wishfully thinking (because I'm HUGE).  Anyone else feeling like it won't be much longer?

I should also add that I don't want a pre-term baby or for baby to come before it's ready.  I am not a fan of induction unless medically necessary, so, even though baby is measuring big, I wouldn't induce due to size or my own discomfort.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feeling like I'm getting super close

• Options
    Well it's not really much longer...but I wouldn't be wishfully hoping for delivery this soon... 39 weeks or more is more ideal...which, for you is just a few quick weeks way.  Hang in there!

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    Agree with this ^ - I wouldn't be wishfully thinking that I was close at 36 weeks. I guess time will tell. I went into labor naturally with DS at 39w2d, so maybe this one will be the same, or maybe not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LadyXaverianLadyXaverian member
    edited November 2014
    I'm just 31w5d, and with my daughter, I made it to 39w3d before going into labor. I had a sense today for the first time that I might not make it as far. I don't think I'm going to go "early", but I have a feeling I won't make it as far as I did with DD1.

Good luck to you-- I hope you don't mind me saying that I hope you hang in there a little longer. :)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Yup, I know the feeling! I'll be 36 weeks on Monday (or Sun, according to my original EDD!). I've been frantically nesting for a few days now, and just made a list of everything left that needs to be finished before she arrives. Surprisingly, the list isn't very long--it's mostly Christmas prep! I'm definitely getting anxious, excited, antsy, and huge! Baby girl has definitely dropped a bit within the past few days too, which is making it seem so much sooner! Nice to be able to breathe again too..... :)
  • Options
    Just in the last week or so I realized, only 2 more months.... which in reality could easily be more like 1 more month! If you are within a few weeks according to the signs, then you are just about on track right? Best of luck to all of us ;-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes BHs are getting more intense. I just am praying she stays baking till 39+

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"