High-Risk Pregnancy

What should I do? Has anyone else gone through this?

Just found out I was pregnant about 2 weeks ago, very happy about it. I have a toddler who loves to breastfeed, I was concerned about still breastfeeding while pregnancy. I have a Hyperthroid and had a miscarriage. I want my son to breastfeed still but I am EXTREMELY concerned about miscarrying. I am trying to get seen by an OB asap but everyone I called won't take me because I'm high risk so I'm desperatly searching in the meantime. I've read that it would be wise to stop and suggested to by my mother. Then again, I have also read it would be perfectly safe. I just have mix feelings! Was wondering if I can get a little guidance from someone whose been in a similar situation until I get seen:) please and thank you!

Re: What should I do? Has anyone else gone through this?

• Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am also sorry to hear about your loss. I am sure you will find the right OB. I had a hard time finding an OB as well. I was pregnant with a set of twins which automatically made it a high risk pregnancy. Keep looking but dont rush. Its important to find someone you are comfortable with and who will give you the birth that you are looking for. Have you thought about getting a list of OBs from your local hospitals or birthing centers? Also do you know how far along you are? Most OBs or midwives have most of their appointments in the 2nd and 3rd. 

((Hugs and Love))
    Emren0316 
  • I'm sorry you are having trouble finding an OB.  You may want to see if you can find a lactation consultant or contact your local La Leche League https://www.llli.org/webus.html to ask your specific breastfeeding question.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both so much for your replies! Sorry it was such a late response. Great news I found a very good OB, she's just great. She informed me that it is perfectly safe for me to continue breastfeeding as long as I ween my son around 2-3 months before my new babe is born so there won't be any jealousy. I'm 11 weeks and 2days.... So far everything looks amazing! Thank you again:) -Adrie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"