August 2015 Moms
Options

Questions about HPT

djsonntagdjsonntag member
edited November 2014 in August 2015 Moms
So we had sex on Halloween night and didn't use protection and I feel it in my bones that I am pregnant. But I have taken 3 HPT and all 3 have come back negative. (We have even had sex a few more times since then.) We have a doctor appointment scheduled for next week but I'm so anxious, should I take another test? Should I wait? Maybe I'm just testing too early? Maybe I don't produce enough HCG in urine and need a blood test?
Just wanted to hear others women's perceptive! :-S

Re: Questions about HPT

• Options
    Sorry for your frustrations. Usually a negative HPT means you are not pregnant at this time. It is possible you are testing too early. If you are trying to get pregnant I highly suggest lurking around the trying to get pregnant board. Familiarize yourself with the bump, read the posts at the top of any board BEFORE posting. Good luck.
    August '15 BMB  December Siggy: Christmas Fails
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ME: 30, DH: 30
    Love: 2/11/04  Marriage: 5/29/11

2 Cat Furbabies: Chloe and Zoey (2007)
    TTC #1: 6/1/14
    BFP: 11/25/14  EDD: 8/5/15

• Options
    Negative test, not pregnant. Don't waste your time (or your drs time) unless you go 60 days with no period and no bfp. Until then, test once a week. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Late implantation can give a late positive, but that is normally what may happen in short cycle. By your time line I think it may be a no go this cycle.
  • Options
    I conceived on nov 15 and received my first positive yesterday, 13 days later, 5 days before missed period. I had been sick the week prior and tested everyday getting negatives. That being said I think you would have gotten a positive by now.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I felt it in my bones before, but my bones must suck because it never actually happened all those times.  No, I wouldn't bother with a blood test. Tests are really accurate and if it's saying you're not pregnant then you probably aren't.
    BFP #1- m/c @ 8 weeks (dec '14)

• Options
    I took HPTs starting on Nov 20th, even though my cycle wasn't estimated to start until 28 Nov... breastfeeding and then not breastfeeding made my cycle so irregular that I really didn't know if/when I ovulated.  Also, I haven't had two normal consecutive cycles since my daughter was born in March- I was hopeful, but really had no clue. I didn't get my first positive until 29 Nov, so I was definitely testing too early.  Best of luck to you! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"