June 2015 Moms

breast pump

kcave21kcave21 member
edited November 2014 in June 2015 Moms
With my first one I had a lot of issues and I wasnt able to breast feed...but with this one im determined to try....and if not exclusively pump.

What are yalls personal preferences on breast pumps? Why did you or didnt you like the one you had?

Re: breast pump

• I can't remember the exact name of the one I had but I think it was like the Madela Swing or something like that? I will check for sure and comment back. But I really didn't like it. I would love to spend a little extra this time and get a hands free. The good thing about the one I had was that it was pretty portable. But it just stopped working after a few months, the suction crapped out. :( I was better off hand expressing. Lol. And don't we all love that. *eye roll*
  • Yep, Madela Swing is the one I had but didn't love...
  • Loading the player...
  • I was looking at some medelas but they all had no reviews, at least on the sight I was on...but thank you
  • @ifaithlove did you exclusively pump? Or use it a tone? Did it come with warranty
  • I got the Ameeda (sp?) from my insurance. I had a preemie so I was exclusivly pumping for a few weeks. I hated it. It didn't fit me well and the settings for the suction were wonky. I used the hospital one when I could and it was awesome. I have heard great things about the pump in style. I'll use mine again but this time I'm going to get a couple of different size flanges and see if that helps. Also no matter what kind of pump get extra bottles to pump into and an extra set of parts so you don't have to get up and clean them before going back to bed. You can just get the extra set out, great for in the middle of the night.

January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails:

imageimage
      imageimage
  • @kcave21‌ It was a gift and I'm not sure if it came with a warranty or not (I should've checked!)

I didn't exclusively pump. I'd say I used it a fair amount. I worked two days a week at the time so I would try to pump a little bit every day to sustain a good supply. :)
  • Great. Thank you ladies
  • I had a Medela PISA and really liked it, but I don't have a lot to compare it to. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Same. The Medela PISA. I loved mine!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• BednarovaBednarova member
    edited November 2014
    I also had a PISA and was very happy with it. I rented something else the first month until I was sure that breast feeding was going to work for us, before spending the $300ish on the PISA.

Of course, not an issue now since Insurance covers breast pumps. often you need an RX from your OB, but it's easy paper work. Call your insurance to see which they cover!
    DS1 born 3.15.2011
    DS1 edd 6.21.2015
  • I had the medela PISA with my second and it was great. I had the other medela--the one that is battery operated with my first and it broke right after warrenty was up. I was so mad and I don't think it ever worked very well in the first place.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Medela pump in style. It comes with an ice cooler w 4 bottles. Easy to carry and use on the go. Loved it and it still works fine so I'll be using it again.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I had the ameda purely yours that was covered (partially) by my insurance. I pumped at work and it was great. I also found out later that it is a "closed system" so milk can't back up into the motor and grow mold, so that was an unexpected plus.
    I know the medelas are pretty popular but all I ever tried was my ameda so I can't compare.
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a medala & have used it for 2 babies already & I breast fed for one year & the other 6 months, so its held up great for how much I've used it! Hoping still good for this 3rd

You can rent them or get from insurance companies I've heard?? Something to look into to do a trial run that first month! But u go girl for being determined to try & make it work! So many women give up too easily
  • I had the ameda purely yours that was covered (partially) by my insurance. I pumped at work and it was great. I also found out later that it is a "closed system" so milk can't back up into the motor and grow mold, so that was an unexpected plus.
    I know the medelas are pretty popular but all I ever tried was my ameda so I can't compare.

I had this happen to me with my pump 10 years ago. Don't remember the name but the milk would go in the machine... I was grossed out .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"