June 2015 Moms

Tea drinkers

Being pregnant has rekindled my love of tea. I know there are some that are not safe to drink but for the life of me I don't remember what they are. I'm eyeing a Christmas blend by twinings and just want to do a double check before I spend money.

January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails:

imageimage
  imageimage

Re: Tea drinkers

• I would be careful with the caffeine intake
  • I have been getting caffeine free. If they aren't then it counts in place of my coffee for my 1 caffeinated cup that day.

January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails:

imageimage
      imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I didnt know there were teas to be careful of though I know to limit caffeine. I drink a very weak green tea once a week and a semi weak English Breakfast once a week. I will have some jasmine tea when out at Chinese restaurants . I heard Roobibos is a great caffeine free choice but not a fan of the flavor.

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: June 10th 2015 ~ Aussie Bumpie~FTM

** June 2015 ~ January Siggy - Pinterest Fails**

• I had a heck of a time finding good tea I could drink. I am avoiding black and green for their caffeine content. Herbal teas get a little scary. Hibiscus can cause bleeding or miscarriage, and I read warnings about lemongrass and chamomile as well. A lot of herbal teas have those blended into them so it is tough. Taxi Refresh mint tea has been great during my cold and is supposed to help with ms if that's an issue for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Earth angel angel baby tea has a bunch of really yummy teas. The boxes all list what teas they make that you can have during first, second, and third trimesters, along with what teas to drink after if you want better or no milk production. Their morning wellness tea for morning sickness is what is helping me a ton right now!
  • Under 200mg of caffiene daily is widely understood to have no correlation between preterm birth or miscarriage (stated by ACOG).

Black tea averages 50mg a brewed cup. Green tea is less. The only teas is recommend staying away from are herbals because some have mixes with herbs that are known to cause contractions.

You don't need to just hear caffiene and immediately think doom.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Has anyone tried the "Breastfriend" Tea by YourTea?

It say's it's good during pregnancy and after pregnancy & increases milk supply.
    I emailed them to confirm it is safe during pregnancy.

Unfortunately they don't ship to Qatar so I will have to have it sent to my mom in US and have her send it to me. 
    Married: 28 August 2014
    BFP #1: 11 October 2014
    EDD: 22 June 2015 -- updated DD: 20 June 2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • BednarovaBednarova member
    edited November 2014
    I've been drinking various mint teas (Trader Joes has a decaf mint blend, Starbucks/teavana has Mint Majesty, and then Tazi Refresh Mint)

My fave tea has been and still is English Breakfast, I just switched to Twinnings Decaf.

Betty's Tea is my fave brand, but I've only had that when someone's brought it back from the UK.
    DS1 born 3.15.2011
    DS1 edd 6.21.2015
  • I like tazo's chai teas. I also got a ginger mint tea at Babies R Us that is great!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do decaf green, 1 cup of black per day and occasionally decaf mint. I used to drink mint tea constantly but I was warned to be careful with it during pregnancy.
  • I love tea sooo much! I was told by my OB that I just need to steer clear of teas that are heavily caffeinated (I stick to decaf) and herbal teas that are sold in open markets or loose as it is difficult to determine the exact blend. He did note that most store brand teas are a-ok.
  • I love tea sooo much! I was told by my OB that I just need to steer clear of teas that are heavily caffeinated (I stick to decaf) and herbal teas that are sold in open markets or loose as it is difficult to determine the exact blend. He did note that most store brand teas are a-ok.

My OB said the exact same thing when I asked last pregnancy. Anything store bought in a tea bag should be just fine. If you have a tea market near you, I have found they are pretty knowledgable (at least the one by me) about what is safe.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Married J on 5.21.10
    G born on 9.30.12
  • edited November 2014
    David's tea, anything in the red tin. Just watch out for rosehip... I hear it can induce contractions
  • @tachycardicdoll‌ Be super careful about Davis Teas. I'm a huge fan but they use a lot of hibiscus. They also use a lot of flowers like marigold and calendula that you should not have in pregnancy. I'm fairly liberal about what I will drink (I'm comfortable with chamomile given everything I have read about it) but I find that there are tons of davids teas that I can't have because of the ingredients.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"