June 2015 Moms

should I call doc?!

Okay this may be tmi so turn away now if that isn't your thing. I suddenly woke up feeling sick. Having severe stomach pains/cramps. Went to bathroom and continued this pain sick feeling for about 10 minutes when I finally had awful vomiting and diarrhea followed by such terrifying weakness i thought i was going to pass out. Here I am 30 minutes later still in pain and every time I stand up and wash my hands it hits again. Nothing baby related necessarily but I can't help but worry about listeria or something. Advice? Give it 6 hours and see what happens. I know I need to stay hydrated and will try doing that much for now.

Re: should I call doc?!

• If there is ever a question in your mind about calling your Dr you should call your Dr. It's better for your peace of mind and they will know what to do for you. :)
  • I would call my doc - that sounds awful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like food poisoning... I've had it twice and it lasted 24-48 hours. 
    It's absolutely terrible, sending prayers for you. 

Being pregnant I would go to the ER... you don't want your body to get dehydrated from the lose of fluids/nutrients. And they can check to make sure it's food poisoning or flu, or something else. Better safe than sorry. 
    Married: 28 August 2014
    BFP #1: 11 October 2014
    EDD: 22 June 2015 -- updated DD: 20 June 2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • Agree with PP, go in for fluids. You can try Pedialyte or Gatorade and see if you can keep it down but if it's truly food poisoning it is doubtful! Hope you feel better soon.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• I would call doc or go to ER if it continues. Do you have a fever? Keep us posted. Hope it passes quickly!

Married 10/9/2009

The beautiful Royelle Marie born 2/7/2012

Baby #2 coming June 11, 2015 (Scheduled CS)

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"