February 2015 Moms

almost 28wks and have stomach flu

mommie2bof6mommie2bof6 member
edited November 2014 in February 2015 Moms
I'm sooo furious as SOs bro had sick kids he brought to thanksgiving. So now myself and my ten yr old daughter have spent day hugging the toilet. SO says ohhh his kids weren't sick. BS one was coughin all over the food. I nicely asked her to stop and stay away from the food. She said why I know I'm sick. Aghhh and his baby wasn't to be having any milk hmmmm. So instead of doing polite and thing and not bringin sick kids he brought several. I have a 3yr old an 5yr old I hope don't end up with it. The three yr old got stom bug two days after gettin flu shot. We don't take our sick kids to other peoples homes and if they are sick warn people before coming over so if they want to cancel they can.

Re: almost 28wks and have stomach flu

• I think you're being a bit dramatic. Sounds like you haven't even gotten the bug yet based on the latter portion of your post. Take some vitamin C and make sure to wash hands and disinfect frequently- all surfaces. You can't keep kids from getting sick, it's actually good for their immune systems to catch influenza and colds prior to age 10.
  • Loading the player...
  • EdenAuroraEdenAurora member
    edited November 2014
    Not to mention that you can't catch "stomach flu" aka gastroenteritis from coughing. Nor can you get it from the flu vaccine.
  • alyse0305 said:
    I think you're being a bit dramatic. Sounds like you haven't even gotten the bug yet based on the latter portion of your post. Take some vitamin C and make sure to wash hands and disinfect frequently- all surfaces. You can't keep kids from getting sick, it's actually good for their immune systems to catch influenza and colds prior to age 10.
    She says that she and her 10 year old are "hugging the toilet" and she also has a 3 yo and a 5 yo who are not currently sick that she hopes do not become sick. I hope that clears it up for you.

Let me chime in and say that the throw-up/vomit/diarrhea virus is absolutely the worst in families with children. (Influenza and colds are awful too in their own rights, but it's just different). In a family our size (11 people), it can take weeks for it to work its way through everyone. Just when you think you're clear, bam, someone else gets sick. It is a long time to stay quarantined. Our 3 yo was sick on Tuesday morning. My hubby was sporting a tummy ache (but no other symptoms) Wednesday night, so we canceled our Thanksgiving plans. It sucks, but sharing that virus sucks more. So far no one else at our house has been sick, but I won't sound the "all clear" yet. People need to be more considerate. Yeah, it's true that getting sick builds their immune systems, but it's awfully selfish to drag sick children off to visit others. 
  • As someone who is borderline crazy (insanely afraid of throwing up and should probably seek professional help for this phobia), I would be livid. If the kids were coughing, that is one thing, but if they were sick with a stomach virus is is common courtesy to stay away for 24 hours of no vomiting/diarrhea.

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • My brain hurts
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board