August 2014 Moms
Options

Pretty sure my baby hates me

So Max pretty much screams most of the day.  He is happy for a few minutes after eating, but it seems that no matter what I do with him, he just is pissed off.  He doesn't want to play under his activity mat, he doesn't want to sit in his seat and play with toys, he doesn't want to hang out next to me in the RNP.  He even cries when I just hold him.  The only time he is happy is if I stand up and hold him.  We don't even need to be moving, I just have to be standing.  However, on Thanksgiving, I was busy in the kitchen and he was content to just sit with H and watch his cousins play, and today they went to the IL's house without me for a couple hours and H said he only cried right before they left because he was tired.  

Does anyone else have those days when it just seems like the only time your LO cries is when you are around?  Lately all I feel good for is being a set of boobs for him to eat off of and then he has no desire to be around me after.  Too bad for him I am usually the only person he is around most days.

Re: Pretty sure my baby hates me

• Options
    I was literally just saying this. He gets these big smiles for DH and then just cries when he sees me. I don't know why he is doing this. All I can think of is that when he sees me he thinks he can get food if he cries. It's really discouraging and makes me want to just stop trying sometimes. Like, after everything I do, he prefers someone else????
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO also smiles more with DH and is much better behaved when I take him out of the house. I think it's just novelty and new things/people to look at.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm not the op, but you are really making me feel better about my life.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I know it's hard, very hard, but the reality is that people, children especially, behave the worst around the people they trust the most.  Only with you are your children secure enough to express themselves truly.  You're doing a great job mommas!

I appreciate this.  Sometimes I just need a little perspective and encouragement.  It has been one of those weeks when I feel completely unappreciated by everyone in my house and it gets worse when I feel like I can't even get the baby to calm down.  I think I have had the same discussion with H every day and he either doesn't hear me or just doesn't respect me enough to care what I say.  I can tell my toddler is feeling neglected and is really pushing me, and then the screaming from LO.  It has been a long week. But tomorrow is a new day.
  • Options
    Are you me? Seriously, my kid doesn't stop yelling unless I stand up with him in the middle of the room. This usually happens at 4am. FML
    I completely forgot that you had the same post topic a couple weeks ago!  Apparently there is a lot of babies hating on their mamas going around.

• Options
    Delaney isn't even crying. She's just yelling. She doesn't need anything, she just won't stop screaming. I've started just screaming along with her. It hasn't exactly worked out the way that I had hoped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"