Attachment Parenting

sleep..

My breastfed 10.5 month old, co sleeping baby, still won't sleep through the night. :(

Please help!

Re: sleep..

• We had the exact same situation! What happened I think was that he didn't know how to fall asleep on his own since I always nursed him to sleep. Then, every time he woke a bit at night he needed me to fall back asleep.

We recently started the Sleep Lady system (and decided to transfer him to his crib for our own reasons) and its like night and day.

He is going much longer stretches between needing me and may eventually go all night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• He's 10.5 months.  That's totally normal.  In fact, around 10 months was one of the worst times for me.  It got better, then bad again around 12 months.  And then all of a sudden at 14 months he slept through the night.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! I felt like Im the only one..
  • Totally normal! Most Western sleep studies are based on babies practicing solitary sleep which really gives a false understanding about what "natural" sleep has looked like for the other 90%+ of history where people coslept for warmth, safety, protection, etc.

Whenever I got down about my kids' sleep, I read https://kellymom.com/parenting/nighttime/sleepstudies/ over and over again! As you'll see, night-waking actually peaks at 9-12 months!

• Same boat! will be 12 months on Dec 3rd. Cosleeping and still breastfeeding. She sleeps from 8-2 and then up every hr or 2 hrs after that to "eat/comfort suck" and still trying to kick the habit.
  • Ditto PPs...10-11 months was the WORST for us, and then around 11 months, the things we'd been doing with No Cry Sleep Solution started to work. With a few exceptions for being sick and stuff, she's now been STTN since 12m.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"