August 2014 Moms
Options

Lying Liars who Lie

violajackviolajack member
edited November 2014 in August 2014 Moms
Whoever said 6 weeks was the peak of fussiness apparently never had a 4 month old. 

Put the baby down drowsy but awake, they'll learn how to put themselves to sleep. Liars. They just want you to buy their sleep book.

My DH when he promises me he's going to clean stuff or help out more. Lies! All Lies!

What other lies have the lying liars told you?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lying Liars who Lie

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^^ I agree. DS isn't even 2 yet and I was looking through his "baby" photos last night. Hard to believe how cute and little he was when he was crawling. I am trying really hard to enjoy DD in these stages because we will never have another day like today. We won't be having any more babies, so I don't let myself wish for "the next milestone" with bated breath.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I may have worded that wrong.  I mostly feel that the "enjoy every minute" part is the lie.  There are so many days that I look at my 2.5 year old and can't believe how big he is and how he seems like he should still be a baby to me.  But to be honest, I am looking forward to LO being 6 months with the hopes that his stomach issues resolve and his constant crying stops.  When the baby is crying, time seems to go way too slow and it is hard to enjoy anything.  I know that in a few months I will probably be sad that I will never again have a newborn, but I'm not to that stage yet.
  • Options
    I'm so torn on the newborn thing. I'm not a baby person and my toddler just gets more and more fun as she gets older. But my tiny little monkey is getting so big so fast that I miss when he was smaller! So I guess I don't know what I want.

I definitely agree that some kids sleep and some just don't, no matter how much money you spend on sleep books.
  • Options
    If I slept when the baby slept I would never get anything done! Such a lie
    And the breastfeeding thing....I am glad I have stuck with it because I have plenty of milk and I know it's healthy for LO. BUT: it was such a rough start, it is not helping me lose weight, I am sore all the time, etc. Nothing easy and natural about it!
  • Options

You'll lose the weight easily with breastfeeding.  Trying to keep in mind the saying, "It took 9 months to put it on, give yourself the same to lose it." But looking at my pudgy stomach (and still being asked if I'm pregnant!) and working out since DD was 2 months.......this BF thing doesn't seem to work.   

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Baby wearing = happier babies. Not always...

"Oh just chew LO's nails instead of clipping." LO has nails like steel (H's side of the family) Does not work.

• Options
    When you give birth bring clothes you would fit into at 6 months preg...yeah did that and ruined my pants because i was So swollen since i was pumped full of fluids and magnesium and crap.it sucked
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    Men all the men. I'm bitter today.
  • Options

I need more
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options

I was told by multiple people that labor "isn't that bad." Liars!!!! Guess they didn't have an induction with pitocin and 3 hours of pushing with a baby whose head was turned and a dr who refused to do an episiotomy for hours to get that baby out. Fucking liars!

I now tell all my friends to be prepared for the worst...and I give the ugly truth on those pp hormones too!

I think we had the same labor, and add three epidurals that didn't take. "You'll forget the pain." Nope. Nope, I will not.
  • Options

I need more
    More of the drama? I could use a rant. Ex has yet to get all of his things from the apartment, he plans on taking the TV all the sudden, although I literally am keeping everything else so I guess its not awful.

I'm pulling her out of her old daycare and sending her to a new one 20 mins from my house and 30 mins from work then. It the opposite way. But its the ONLY other daycare that takes infants and opens at 5:30. I worked there before so that names me comfortable. Or I'm hoping her old daycare may open just an hour early for me 3 days a week. One can hope.

I won't be telling him where new daycare is and taking him off her pick up list.

I'll be filing support and fighting for full custody.

He continuously posts happy single statuses on FB. Ew. I've blocked all his family members and close friends and him ad of now. I need no drama.

U like him I remain with class and haven't posted a single detail or information on anything. So I know I'm way better than that.

I figured a good rant was in order. Kudos to you for making the best out of the situation and taking full control. You're such a strong mommy and an inspiration to us all!
    I feel better.:) thank you!
  • Options
    Breastfeeding gets better after a couple weeks....try a couple months.
  • Options

I was told by multiple people that labor "isn't that bad." Liars!!!! Guess they didn't have an induction with pitocin and 3 hours of pushing with a baby whose head was turned and a dr who refused to do an episiotomy for hours to get that baby out. Fucking liars!

I now tell all my friends to be prepared for the worst...and I give the ugly truth on those pp hormones too!

I feel you. I pushed for 6. I pushed for 5 and half before the doctor decided he would "help" me out. He was a dick. I had never seen him at my OB office before so the first time I met him was in labor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ^
    You won't poop during labor.
    I pooped twice and I was med-free so I was very aware of it. Luckily the nurses are super fast about cleaning that shit up. And even in labor, I was still able to be embarrassed by it, probably because I was screaming "I have to poop" over and over.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    In my opinion another lie is how horrible c-sections are.
  • Options

In my opinion another lie is how horrible c-sections are.

Ugh, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    @Kandreas1‌ MANUALLY REMOVED PLACENTA? Aaaagghhhhhh I'm sorry
  • Options
    lmanford1 said:

I bought every damn swaddle on the market. She's been sleeping on her stomach since three weeks old.

Did anyone else have the pleasure of vomiting between contractions? Loved that.

I vomited so much and when there was nothing left was dry heaving. I feel your pain
  • Options
    I started vomiting, but luckily I hadn't eaten for 24 hours, so there was nothing in my stomach. They gave me Zoloft intravenously for delivery which made it go away instantly.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Damn! You ladies are tough!...A friend told me babies sleep a lot and I'd get plenty of sleep... LIE!
  • Options
    I vomited during my emergency c section. They had to stop cutting so I could puke. And they were pushing oxygyn to ensure that baby was getting enough.

And they strapped my arms down because I was shaking so badly, then didn't wipe all the puke of my face. It splashed in my eye. :-&
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options

I feel you. I pushed for 6. I pushed for 5 and half before the doctor decided he would "help" me out. He was a dick. I had never seen him at my OB office before so the first time I met him was in labor.
    Oh my god--six hours?! You are one tough lady. I've decided with my next birth, after I push for an hour I'm going to demand to be cut. I mean, why push all that time and then be cut in the end anyway? I swear all that pushing took me weeks to recover from the exhaustion.

I need to find a new OB and my first question is going to be "so, what are your thoughts on episiotomies?" Hopefully he or she will say "I'm for them!"
    After 3 I cried and begged for one. Nope. Not happening.

Vommiting, I didn't do, but broke the thing you puke in with one hand.

• Options

Oh my god--six hours?! You are one tough lady. I've decided with my next birth, after I push for an hour I'm going to demand to be cut. I mean, why push all that time and then be cut in the end anyway? I swear all that pushing took me weeks to recover from the exhaustion.

I need to find a new OB and my first question is going to be "so, what are your thoughts on episiotomies?" Hopefully he or she will say "I'm for them!"
    After 3 I cried and begged for one. Nope. Not happening.

Vommiting, I didn't do, but broke the thing you puke in with one hand.
    That just seems cruel! With my first I pushed for 2 and a half hours before my doctor did an episiotomy. It was 3rd degree and I was so sore after.

This time I only pushed for 15 min. Before he did the episiotomy. It was only 2nd degree this time but the difference was night and day in the way I felt after!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"