Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Feeling baby move- after 18 wk pregnancy loss 2 years ago

I am 18 weeks pregnant and after losing my baby about 2 years ago at around this same time, I am of course worried. Everyone is asking if I've felt the baby move yet...I really haven't, definitively anyway. I felt my other 2 babies at 15-16 weeks and I've heard with each pregnancy, you usually feel the baby sooner. I had a D & E after my previous loss, so I was speculating that perhaps that procedure (all of the scraping out everything) could have made scar tissue or something that might be a reason why I don't feel the baby this time yet. Anyone else had this experience or know anything about this?

Best Answers

• Options
    asglover514asglover514 member
    Answer ✓
    First of *hugs* this definitely sounds like me. At 18 weeks I was still having trouble determining what was baby and what was gas lol. I wasn't confident that it was baby till about 21 weeks. I will say I love my doppler for days he's really quiet.
    Stephanie Lynn 
    *BFP3:7/10/14 EDD: 3/19/15--Renley Alexander born 3/12/15!!*
    11/17/14-adopted a furbaby named Luna (born 9/05/14)
    BFP2: 11/25/11-Aaron Alexander born sleeping at 31 weeks on 05/31/12
    BFP1: 07/28/11-EDD:3/19/12, natural MC 09/12/11 at 12 wks-HB and growth stopped at 6wks
    S&A together since 05/14/11

Re: Feeling baby move- after 18 wk pregnancy loss 2 years ago

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply and hugs. I'm glad I decided to randomly search for a forum since it's tough to find other women to talk to about this who have been through it before, especially a loss further into the pregnancy. 

I don't know where my placenta is, but 2 weeks ago when I went in for Level 2 ultrasound, they said everything looks perfect. And the baby was all over the place! There are times I think I feel a little bump but I've had so much indigestion and tummy noises, so I'm not sure if it's the baby. I distinctly remember the feeling of the baby moving from the last 2 times and haven't had that exact feeling yet.

I am looking to get an at-home doppler to ease my worries a bit. I went in over a week ago just to hear the heartbeat and my doctor has been great about offering for me to come in whenever just to check. I'll probably try and get in this week sometime if I can find the time.

Good luck to you and thanks again!
  • Options
    Good luck to you and the rest of your pregnancy, Megdowntheshore. Halfway there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"