June 2015 Moms
Options

GTKY: What are your favorite hobbies?

I know we did this one way back in early October but we've had lots of new people since then and who knows, we may get some inspiration from this! I'm always looking for some new fun stuff to get into (I like to imagine it helps the baby to be well rounded)

My favorite hobbies:
Fishing
Shooting (slightly on hiatus)
Reading
Following Mississippi State sports
The Bump (more like an addiction)

Re: GTKY: What are your favorite hobbies?

• Options

@jjbdvm - Shooting! that's so cool. I tried it once and I sucked big time.

Addicted to Bumping right now too!

Gymming was a favorite hobby but i've had to tone down my workouts A LOT. Never thought I'd watch my gym buddies doing burpees with envy.

Cooking - experimenting with clean eating ways for desserts and traditional meals. Also a bit out of the window since pregnancy cravings

Home decor

Reading

Photography - Pretending I know what i'm doing with my DSLR.

Sounds like I need a new batch of hobbies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: June 10th 2015 ~ Aussie Bumpie~FTM

** June 2015 ~ January Siggy - Pinterest Fails**

• Options
    I'm loving crafts right now! Everyone is getting crafts for Christmas.
    Another Hobbie is thrift store shopping.
    And I enjoy laying on the couch watching netflix, that's a Hobbie in my book!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a big reader and I love TV. We binge watch shows and rewatch like nobody's business!

I also really, really enjoy needlework. I am so very very close to finishing a cross stitch stocking for DH, after which I'll start one for Baby. It's a granny hobby, I'm told. Nobody my age seems to know how to knit and stitch; it's such a bummer.
    BabyFetus Ticker

June 2015 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fails
  • Options
    Love knitting and spinning, I'm a yarn snob. Also horseback riding, target shooting, and playing mahjong tiles on my phone. And gardening, but that's more like a job... And running (so many of these aren't happening these days!)
  • Options
    Right now, just running and cooking.  Pre-kid lots of traveling and reading, but both have taken a bit of a backseat.  I'm a winter knitter.  I only tend to knit during the winter months.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Reading, love Ted talks and documentaries, binge watching on Netflix, and puzzles.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter and I have taken up different arts and crafts lately and she loves making things for the new baby.

I also have a Netflix addiction and binge watch seasons of shows I haven't seen on my weekends. Lol
  • Options
    I was a hot yoga fanatic (which I have since had to modify due to the heat :( ) I'm now looking into gentle and pre-natal yoga options.

I'm also currently volunteering my time assistant coaching a Kindergarten-5th Grade Cheerleading squad and creating choreography for their routines.

My other hobby is seeking out new music (used to travel far/wide to see my favorite artists, which has been curbed) and binge watching anything on Investigation Discovery channel or old Cops episodes.
  • Options
    Pre kids was hiking, horseback riding, inline skating. Nowadays reading, cooking and tennis (in a league). Not much time for anything else.
    TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hiking, horseback riding, yoga, repurposing furniture and photography. But I'm the type that is always trying a new hobby.. Recently ive tried knitting, cooking, learning guitar, learning Spanish, pottery, flea marketing. I love it all!
  • Options
    I'm a hardcore knitter (with some crochet sometimes thrown into the mix, too). I also do some freelance writing and enjoy playing video games, though I don't know if I'd consider myself a hardcore "gamer". Reading is another hobby, but with everything else going on, I unfortunately don't have as much time to read as I used to!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SHOPPING, Cooking, Pilates, spinning, and making flower arrangements ( real flowers of course) I mostly do stuff for friends ( weddings, etc)
  • Options
    Gardening, knitting, reading (I don't think of it as a hobby, but I do it a lot), cooking, and some kind of exercise. I've got some prenatal yoga DVDs from the library to watch/do. But I could also use a new yoga mat.
    J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1 09/25/2014 EDD 6/4/2015

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Granny hobbies are my favorite! I raise angora rabbits, and spin their super soft wool into yarn for knitting and crochet. I recently did a spinning demonstration and was half the age of the other women there, but they were a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Running, cycling, triathlon-ing, endurance sports... significantly slower now than I was previously used to.

I also sing with an all-women's a cappella show chorus. We compete annually and perform throughout the year.

I enjoy crafts & projects, but I tend to start more than I finish and in general just don't have time to do it as much as I'd like. Same with reading books.
    ~January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails~
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BFP October 2, 2014
    EDD June 7, 2015
    ~ triathlete ~ craft beer enthusiast (on hiatus, obviously) ~ runner ~
  • Options
    I love to play piano. Especially around Christmas time when I can play through Christmas songs. I just started crocheting and I started a blanket for the baby. I also love video games and training my dog.

• Options
    If you can't tell from my profile pic, I love a day at the shotting range, Still need more practice with my .38 pistol.

While I'm creative with knitting needles and yarn, I'm not creative with screen names AndasKnits seems to be a good go to name.
    Thanks to being to enter my stash (and I'm a bit of a yarn snob) on ravelry, I know at any given point how many miles of yarn I own!

People say I can't have photography as a hobby since it's my job, but at work it's pictures of people, for fun it's landscapes and wildlife
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm a big reader and I love TV. We binge watch shows and rewatch like nobody's business!

I also really, really enjoy needlework. I am so very very close to finishing a cross stitch stocking for DH, after which I'll start one for Baby. It's a granny hobby, I'm told. Nobody my age seems to know how to knit and stitch; it's such a bummer.

I love cross stitch! I have been looking for a stocking for DD. But it honestly takes me forever to finish them because I don't have much free time :( I'd love a link to the pattern you're using if you're willing to share! I don't knit though.

Other hobbies: audiobooks and chasing DD. Also, shopping if I'm honest.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    I enjoy knitting as a stress reliever but I am absolutely terrible at it. It's embarrassing. My hubbs thinks it's hilarious. Kudos to all of you with the skillz.

@AndasKnits‌ I have a S&W 9mm compact that I shoot with the most (I named her Cecille). It's great to see a fellow marksman!
  • Options
    I'm a big reader (like I'm bordering on addiction, it's a problem sometimes). I paint and draw and have recently started selling my stuff. I love ballroom and latin dancing. I play the piano and sing, although I haven't had many performance opportunities since I started having kids. Oh and I write poetry as well.

And coffee. Coffee is my favorite hobby.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mcp6286mcp6286 member
    edited November 2014
    I coach high school mock trial...the kids get a court case from the state bar foundation, research the legal issues, prepare all components of a trial (opening/closing statements, questions for "witnesses") for both sides, and play the parts of lawyers and witnesses in competition against other schools. Nerdy, but so fun!

Figure skating (formerly competitive), yoga, reading, and shopping. I'm pretty much as girlie as they come...
  • Options
    Erm... I liked drinking, meeting the girls for cocktails, dancing till 4am, going for hangover brunches and all swearing your all never going to drink again before the football starts and somebody gets the first round in... I need a new hobby! *sigh*
  • Options
    BednarovaBednarova member
    edited November 2014
    I love baking and cooking, but mostly baking.

I like photography, but I wish I were better at it!

and the reading. And drinking wine. and I'm a huge math nerd.

At least I can do 4 of 5 right now.
    DS1 born 3.15.2011
    DS1 edd 6.21.2015
  • Options
    Mine are hunting, ice skating (been synchro figure skating since I was 5, but now just free skate or drop in hockey which will be on hold for a while), traveling, arts and crafts of different types, video games, me and DH try and see a new movie weekly and reading.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I love paper cutting. I started off making silhouettes, but now I cut all sorts of crazy things.

I also like video games, especially world of warcraft. My characters leatherwork, jewelcraft and blacksmith so in the virtual world my hobbies are straight up badass. Hahaha!  

• Options
    I like to knit, but with PG carpel tunnel already setting in, that will be on hold for the next several months. A little craft sewing also, I'll be making this LO a quilt once we find out the sex. Reading too, but these days I can't really keep my eyes open when I start reading. My favorite thing though is contemplating the world and all scenarios and philosophies (ie staring out the window doing nothing).
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"