June 2015 Moms

Need advice please - kind of freaking out

Hi Ladies.  So, I got my Panorama results back and it said less than 1 in 10,000 for any of the T's.  However, I also had the NT scan and blood work done too.  Dr said for my age group, the chances of Downs is 1 in 43 (right off the bat, no testing).  After the NT testing my chances were moved to 1 in 223.  She said that even though there is an increased risk, it's a good sign that my odds decreased so much.  She doesn't recommend an amino (though would do so, if I wanted it), because of the Panorama results.  My husband says these are "good" results, and doesn't want to risk more invasive tests.  However, I can't help feel nervous about the NT results...  I should also note that I was given the odd's of 1 in 225 with my 1st child 9 years ago, had an amino and she was perfectly fine. 

Anyone else have good Panorama results, and not so good NT scan results?  What would you do???  Thanks!!!

Re: Need advice please - kind of freaking out

• I don't have personal experience with this yet as I am awaiting my bloodwork but before I would do anything further I would think long and hard about what you would do with the results of further testing. If your doctor is not recommending an amnio, I personally do not think I would risk that invasive of a test. But, to each their own.
  • Your panorama is like 99.9% accurate, no?  I think you need to take a deep breath and calm down.  Your baby is healthy, just like your other child was.   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The panorama test is much more accurate than the NT scan. I absolutely would not do an invasive test.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

• BednarovaBednarova member
    edited November 2014
    my understanding of the of the panorama results are that you get a yes or no answer for trisomy 21, and that it's 99% accurate for women over 35. Correct?

I have had an amnio, with DS, and it was a bearable test and I'd do it again if faced with similar circumstances. But, bc of the presence of the Panorama test and others like it, I feel like I'd have definitive results either way before we'd get to that point. (great NT results, possible heart defect suggesting Downs at the Anatomy Scan where they offered us an Amnio to check for T-21)
    DS1 born 3.15.2011
    DS1 edd 6.21.2015
  • The panorama test is much more accurate than the NT scan. I absolutely would not do an invasive test.

This.
  • First, your Panorama is clean, and as others said, it's 99% accurate. Then your Dr gives you a risk of 223. That's approximately a .45% chance. Less than a 1% chance. You can relax.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone, I needed that.  Yes, I am paranoid.  This pregnancy was very unexpected.  I have 3 kids, and am starting over with a baby... It's a little overwhelming.  And I will be 42 when this one is born, so I've been concerned about the increased odds with my age.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would follow your doctors advice and not worry. Your panorama results are amazingly good! The panorama genetic test is so accurate that many doctors don't do the NT anymore if you get the panorama.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"