September 2014 Moms
Options

LO now waking up 4x in MOTN! Help!

LO lost some weight after being hospitalized with a stomach virus so Ped is now having us give him 24kcal bottles and feeding him ad lib. I was never super scheduled but was previously trying to space out his feeds at least 2.5 hours when possible. (I am mostly nursing but he gets a bottle on occasion at home and at daycare.) Around the same time that we changed his feeding, we parted with the Rock N' Play because we discovered that he can flip over now when swaddled. We haven't transitioned him to his crib, because toddler hasn't moved into the twin bed we bought her yet, but we are hoping to work on it in the next week. Right now he is in the Pack n' Play and temporarily in our room due to guests in town for Thanksgiving this week. The last two nights he has woken up every 2 hours! He doesn't seem hungry, especially after waking up the second time and onwards because the first feed he takes is pretty good. However, paci doesn't work nor does rocking or anything else, so we just try to feed him and settle him back in. I don't know if it's because it's a small feed or the fact that he's uncomfortable in a Pack n' Play or just a crazy growth spurt or what could be causing him to have this significant regression in sleep at night. Does anyone have any suggestions or insight? Should we try to elevate the mattress somehow and/or wedge him in place so it's more like his Rock n' Play, and if so, how do we do it? He is 10 weeks now. He used to sleep a 5-6 hour stretch followed by a 3 hour stretch. We are so tired! Any help is much appreciated!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LO now waking up 4x in MOTN! Help!

• Options
    No advise, I just feel your pain, my 12 week old was sleeping 3-5 hour streaches and the last 4 nights is up q2h! Not sure if it's his 3 mo growth spurt because he is not eating every time he wakes...
  • Options
    My lo took a few days to adjust when we transitioned her from the rnp to crib at 8 weeks. We have the mattress at an incline plus create an u shaped nest for her to lay in. Afterward she went through her second leap and was waking up more frequently. Look into wonder weeks if you're not familiar with it already.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a terrible mommy, I put blankets in with my baby to sleep at night.  I discovered a good chunk of my getting baby to sleep and stay asleep problem was that I'd put her down on the pnp or crib and the surface would be cold... so now when we are soothing to sleep we swaddle and wrap a blanket around her.. when I put her down in the pnp or crib tht blanket stays under her. BAM she doesn't wake up NEARLY as much. I'm not sure if that would be your issue or not but it may be worth a try.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also have a blanket tucked under the edges of the bassinet mattress. My kids hate the crinkly sound under the sheets of the plastic covered mattresses.

We went through something a few weeks ago and it was that he did not want to be swaddled because he didn't want his hands trapped. I stopped for a few weeks and then when he started back up with the same behaviors as before, I tried swaddling again and he needed it. I would try all of the above also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"