August 2015 Moms

When do you start telling people you're pregnant?

Hi everyone!
I was just curious who you have decided to tell you're pregnant and who you are waiting to tell? If you are waiting, when do you plan on telling others?

This is our first pregnancy and of course I'm dying to tell the world, but I know better. So far only H and I know. We were thinking of telling our families at Christmas once we've had our first u/s, and then waiting to tell everyone else until second trimester. It's so hard to keep this to ourselves! I'm thankful for all of you to share our excitement together!
August '15 BMB  December Siggy: Christmas Fails
BabyFruit Ticker
ME: 30, DH: 30
Love: 2/11/04  Marriage: 5/29/11

2 Cat Furbabies: Chloe and Zoey (2007)
TTC #1: 6/1/14
BFP: 11/25/14  EDD: 8/5/15

Re: When do you start telling people you're pregnant?

• We told our closest friends and my parents since they knew we were trying. I won't go truly public until second trimester
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'd like to wait as long as possible but I've shown pretty quickly with my last 2 pregnancies so we'll see how long I can hide it! lol.

The other part of me would like to tell at Christmas but we won't have an u/s before then and idk if I want to tell before we see a heart beat.
  • Loading the player...
  • We plan to wait until at least 8 weeks but ideally 12 weeks. This is our 2nd baby through so I have a feeling I will be showing by then so I guess we will have to see how that goes haha
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We only found out tonight :) So no one, just my husband and self.  We will tell parents/in-laws maybe tomorrow. And I'll tell my best friend. Probably sister, we're close.  Everyone else won't know for a bit.
    BFP #1- m/c @ 8 weeks (dec '14)

• Both sets of parents knew we were having difficulties and seeing an RE.  We are very close with our parents and siblings and they would be our support network should anything go wrong.  We told DH's parents and brother earlier today, and plan to tell my parents and sister on Sunday.

We haven't decided when we will tell any extended family, friends, or work.  Earliest would likely be Christmas, maybe later.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

TTC #1 since November 2013
    BFP #1 EDD August 2, 2015
  • I've told dh, MIL, SIL, my sister and a friend. I haven't told my mom. I'm telling her on Monday after the second beta.
  • We told my parents only a few days after our BFP which was SUPER early. They live really close to us and we see them several times a week - there was no way we could hide it. We told my in-laws luster day which was between 5-6 weeks. My good friend, my siblings, and a couple we are pretty close to (and our in-laws are best friends with) know as well. Assuming the U/S goes well on the 15th we'll probably tell extended family and close friends. We'll be pretty open about it after 12 weeks.

I don't like hiding it and don't plan on being secretive around work or anything. I've found that talking about everything has REALLY eased my anxiety.
  • We've told both sets of our parents , my sister, and my close friend. We will wait til 12 weeks to tell anyone else. Last time we annouced via FB at 9 weeks but I'm not sure we will do that this time.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • After DH, the first people I told were my coworkers. I work in a veterinary hospital, and parts of my job are unsafe for me to do while pregnant. We'll tell our parents around Christmas, and the rest of the world once I've made it to 2nd tri.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Probably sometime around 14/15weeks. I am in no rush. Last pregnancy we 'announced' at 22weeks

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• I told my mom and sister right away.  I got a positive test Thanksgiving morning, right before I got on a plane to spend the holiday with them.  I don't see them much so I was glad to get the chance to tell them in person.  The rest of the families will probably find out around Christmas, and the general public maybe after 13 or 16 weeks?
  • We've already told some of my closest friends. And my bosses. It's our busy time, so I have to make special requests for my bw and OB appointments until at least the end of the year! They've been great about it and are SUPER supportive. 
    We are telling the family on Christmas. Which most likely means everyone will know the day after whether we choose to tell them or not. (Blabbermouths) 
    So I'm thinking about doing a formal announcement on the 26th just to be able to be the person to tell everyone else. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• H and I are debating exactly when, but we'll likely tell my immediate family (parents, bro, sis) and his immediate family (mom, sis) in the next week or so. Plus I have a close friend who has been trying for her second and a close friend who somehow got my mother to agree that he can be the first person besides my H and I to know (?! he's a goof. We've known each other since we were 11). But they are all my inner support system already.

Plus my first ultrasound is after Christmas. No doubt my parents, who live out of state, will want to dote. A lot. :)
    ____

Me: 28 | DH: 35

TTC: since 9/2013
    BFP: 11/28/2014 (!!!)
    EDD: 8/4/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

beach
  • We have told our family and close friends. My family lives 12 hrs from us and they were here for thanksgiving so it was great to tell then in person. I know a lot of people wait to tell, but for us that just felt right.

@SwivelChair5‌ that's so special you found out on thanksgiving. I was supposed to get my period on thanksgiving and I thought it would be so great to find out then, but I broke down and tested early. Congrats!!! Glad to see you over here :)
  • I told our parents yesterday they have been very supportive through all our losses. I need that support.
  • @babyruth85302‌ - sorry for your losses. I agree telling your family for support is important!

@mrsb30‌ - I was going to test on thanksgiving too, but broke down Tuesday night due to symptoms. Was glad I did!
    August '15 BMB  December Siggy: Christmas Fails
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ME: 30, DH: 30
    Love: 2/11/04  Marriage: 5/29/11

2 Cat Furbabies: Chloe and Zoey (2007)
    TTC #1: 6/1/14
    BFP: 11/25/14  EDD: 8/5/15

• -I told my H and bump friends on the same day. 

-I told my cousin the next day because we were going through IF together, and agreed to tell each other right away. 

-I told my bff last night (after having 2 betas done) because she is 14 weeks pregnant. She's felt so guilty since I had been trying for years, and hers was unexpected.. so I didn't feel like it would be fair to continue letting her feel that way.

-Immediate family and close friends will be told around Christmas after we have our first ultrasound, but it will stay very hush-hush.

-Other friends, extended family, work, and acquaintances will probably find out around February.

I'm really hoping my plan works. 
  • We plan to tell two close friends right away.

We are planning to tell family over Christmas in a super dorky but fun way: having DD open up a gift of a shirt that reads "Big Sister August 2015". I plan to make the shirt myself instead of buying a printed one.

Everyone else will follow after whenever seems natural.

We're both ready to tell everyone right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MissesFroom‌ the funny thing is every other month I have had tons of "symptoms" and bfns every time. This month I didn't have any symptoms and didn't think I was pregnant but for some reason I took a test Monday night! I started to get symptoms on Wednesday, but like I have always heard they feel just like period symptoms.

@babyruth85302‌ I'm sorry for you losses! Praying this is your take home baby! I think support is important.
  • My husband knows and we told our daughter. She's 18 and we were really concerned about how she would take it, so we wanted to tell her sooner rather than later. I also told my sister. I think we may wait until January to tell the rest of our family, but I'm not sure I'll be able to wait once I have the grasping and see everything is okay.
  • We've told both sets of parents and my sister. My parents and sister knew we were having difficulty. Also a few close friends who knew what we were going through know. Well announce to more close friends around New Years.
    A15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    beach 

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 5.7.11
    BFP#1 9.29.11 | Henry born 5.11.12
    TTC since Dec 2013 with Met, Aug 2014 added Clomid
    BFP#2 11.24.14 | EDD 8.1.15
  • My DH, my mom and a few friends know. I have had miscarriages in the past so I've told people who I would go to for support if it were to happen again. We plan to tell the rest of our family at Christmas and the rest of the world after first tri.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• A few BFF's and a co-worker know. My BIL and SIL know because they knew we were having difficulty. Otherwise, we are trying to hold out as long as possible. I would love to wait to tell family until after the A/S but I'm not sure if we can keep a secret that long. Keeping our little/big secret over Thanksgiving has been a challenge! I'm becoming great at fake-drinking!

TTC since Sept. 2013
    09/14: New anterior 3cm Fibroid on U/S, no change in size 11/14
    10/14: SA normal
    12/14: next RE appointment - cancelled due to BFP
    BFP on 11/21/14, EDD 08/03/15

• I had HG with my last pregnancy, so I'm telling some people now in case I have it again this time. My local mom group knows so they can help watch my son if I get sick. A few friends know. We're telling our families when we go home for early Christmas because I don't know the next time I'll see them face to face. 
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DH and 2 bffs know. We plan on telling our parents and siblings on Christmas (we also have a surprise planned for each family) and extended family and friends in February. I am hoping to keep it off of fb until I start to really show.
  • We told parents, siblings, and a few close friends right away. We'll wait until after our first ultrasound to make it public.
    imageLilypie - (d9io)
    imageLilypie - (3w4O)
  • We just had a mc in Sept and at 6w announced it on fb but I don't regret that, just this time we will wait. So far it's just us that knows. I'm nervous to tell our families because it's our 3rd and they will be happy but at the same time I know they will all be concerned. They just want us to live a life of happiness and not be strained with money etc and we get that, I want only the best for my kids too....everybody will be excited in the end. For now, we don't plan to tell, only my close friend who I drive to work with and my family will find out at Christmas as well as a few close friends and then the rest of the world will know after my 12w u/s
  • We will keep it quiet until we hear the HB so most likely January.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Tell some really close friends soon!.. I did and I miscarried. I wouldn't have gotten through it without the support of my closest friends. Plus it's impossible to keep to yourself!!
  • My mom knows.. Bc well she knows everything!
    We are traveling 8 hours the weekend before Christmas to visit my hubbys family and plan on telling them then.
    Then we will tell the rest of my family on Christmas.
    A few of the work girls know bc we are close but we probably will hold off on "going public" until Feb.

orange is the new black red reznikov gif

*Jan Siggy Challenge--Mean Girls*

BabyFruit Ticker

Married: 4/26/14 - DH "J": 33 - ME: 27 - DS "G": 12/21/09

TTC #2 since October 2014 - BFP 12/2/2014!! - EDD 8/13/2015!

• Right now only DH and I know. It's our first pregnancy and it's kind of nice just being the only folks that know.

We don't plan on telling anyone until Christmas. We'll tell our parents/families first and then probably only tell others on a sort of need to know basis until we clear the first trimester.

We have an u/s next week. I'm hoping we will hear the heart beat but I understand that sometimes you can't hear it yet at 6 weeks?

• MeeeowMeeeow member
    edited December 2014
    I love my beer so I've had to tell a few close friends.  My mom, I told the day after we got our BFP since I went to visit her for Thanksgiving. My brother died in July so I think it was important for her to have something positive going on.  We'll tell my in-laws when they visit us in a couple of weeks (we're out of state).  My boss, I may tell this week or next week since I work in the medical field.  The rest of the world will know probably around 12-16 weeks.  OH, and we'll tell DD at 10ish weeks, after our first appt.
  • ^^^The alcohol has been a bit tricky. I'm not a huge drinker but I do enjoy a beer every now and then. I've been to a couple of events lately where the beer has either been free or really cheap and I've passed on it, so I know my parents are suspicious.

@Meeeow I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

• @Meeeow‌ So sorry about your brother.. I am sure this blessing will bring much needed joy to your family! *hugs*

orange is the new black red reznikov gif

*Jan Siggy Challenge--Mean Girls*

BabyFruit Ticker

Married: 4/26/14 - DH "J": 33 - ME: 27 - DS "G": 12/21/09

TTC #2 since October 2014 - BFP 12/2/2014!! - EDD 8/13/2015!

• Our close friends know. DH told his friend. They both knew we were going through IF treatments. We saw them last night and didn't really talk about it. If something happens, I'll call her for support. She's 30 weeks right now and has had several losses. 

All of DH's immediate co-workers know. It was a bit of a surprise and he ended up being very late to work one day, so he felt that he just had to tell them the truth. He can't keep a secret. 

One of my co-workers knows. Probably more will know soon since we tend to be more open about pregnancies since our patient assignments could be potentially affected.

Families we like to tell in person. Our only plans on seeing them are the weekend after Christmas. Not sure if that's too soon.
  • Told a few people right away, will announce on Fb/at work in February probably (17ish weeks). Everyone else I'll just leave guessing til they ask. lol
  • edited December 2014
    I told my sister the day after we found out won't announce to family until Christmas and on social media until we find out the baby's gender
  • I'm having two lace-trimmed handkerchiefs embroidered with YiaYia (Greek for grandmother) for both of our moms to give at Christmas. In the meantime, I'm using a glass of champagne, which DH drinks, as my cover. A few of my most loving girlfriends know because I've needed them to glue me back together. I'm so grateful for each of you, too!
    **Paraguard removed 10/30** **BFP 11/29** Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"